Solo boating, trolling hook ups and anchor drops

For all anglers who like to go afloat to catch their fish
stubbojo
Chub
Chub
Posts: 2433
Joined: Thu Feb 04 2021 19:59

Re: Solo boating, trolling hook ups and anchor drops

Post by stubbojo »

i like it with coke , what do you lads mix with it
CraigG
Perch
Perch
Posts: 534
Joined: Mon Aug 29 2011 05:00
Location: Central Scotland

Re: Solo boating, trolling hook ups and anchor drops

Post by CraigG »

Steve Le maitre wrote: ↑Sat Apr 16 2022 22:04 -
CraigG wrote: ↑Sat Apr 16 2022 14:04 -
I just hit spot lock πŸ˜‚
The problem with doing that in the circumstances laid out above is that the boat would very quickly spin 180 and the ensuing tangled mess :laughs:
It was a flippant remark πŸ˜€
Steve Le maitre
Chub
Chub
Posts: 2159
Joined: Fri Mar 13 2015 20:28

Re: Solo boating, trolling hook ups and anchor drops

Post by Steve Le maitre »

CraigG wrote: ↑Sun Apr 17 2022 19:13 -
Steve Le maitre wrote: ↑Sat Apr 16 2022 22:04 -
CraigG wrote: ↑Sat Apr 16 2022 14:04 -
I just hit spot lock πŸ˜‚
The problem with doing that in the circumstances laid out above is that the boat would very quickly spin 180 and the ensuing tangled mess :laughs:
It was a flippant remark πŸ˜€
You’ve done an about-turn :laughs:
CraigG
Perch
Perch
Posts: 534
Joined: Mon Aug 29 2011 05:00
Location: Central Scotland

Re: Solo boating, trolling hook ups and anchor drops

Post by CraigG »

Steve Le maitre wrote: ↑Sun Apr 17 2022 20:58 -
CraigG wrote: ↑Sun Apr 17 2022 19:13 -
Steve Le maitre wrote: ↑Sat Apr 16 2022 22:04 -
CraigG wrote: ↑Sat Apr 16 2022 14:04 -
I just hit spot lock πŸ˜‚
The problem with doing that in the circumstances laid out above is that the boat would very quickly spin 180 and the ensuing tangled mess :laughs:
It was a flippant remark πŸ˜€
You’ve done an about-turn :laughs:
A 360 degree turn to be exact, left spot lock on 🀣
Paddy Lynch
Roach
Roach
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Aug 15 2012 05:00
Location: Ireland

Re: Solo boating, trolling hook ups and anchor drops

Post by Paddy Lynch »

Back to OP, I use a rear mud weight when I hook a fish and Im in a situation where drifting could get me into trouble, I cleat off after letting out about 30ft. Nice quick solution for me.
User avatar
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 2880
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00

Re: Solo boating, trolling hook ups and anchor drops

Post by Alan_dalton »

I don't have a proper using spot lock fine when you hook a fish if you reel second rod in first
Steve Le maitre
Chub
Chub
Posts: 2159
Joined: Fri Mar 13 2015 20:28

Re: Solo boating, trolling hook ups and anchor drops

Post by Steve Le maitre »

Alan_dalton wrote: ↑Sat Apr 30 2022 07:15 -
I don't have a proper using spot lock fine when you hook a fish if you reel second rod in first
The third rod could still be a problem though Alan as could the fourth rod, fifth and sixth :narfuk:
User avatar
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 2880
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00

Re: Solo boating, trolling hook ups and anchor drops

Post by Alan_dalton »

Steve Le maitre wrote: ↑Sat Apr 30 2022 08:03 -
Alan_dalton wrote: ↑Sat Apr 30 2022 07:15 -
I don't have a proper using spot lock fine when you hook a fish if you reel second rod in first
The third rod could still be a problem though Alan as could the fourth rod, fifth and sixth :narfuk:
I would be impressed trolling that many on narrow fen Drain :laughs:
Mick Cobb
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1791
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: notts

Re: Solo boating, trolling hook ups and anchor drops

Post by Mick Cobb »

Derek Kelly wrote: ↑Thu Apr 14 2022 23:40 -
Also re pic, anyone store oars outside gunnels? Was thinking of using the truck rail I added to hang over the side using straps, would probably have to add fenders to stop the oars slapping every wave. Anyone hang oars over the side for added space aboard? Thanks
Yes been doing it 35 odd years works for me, good for a back up if you get outboard trouble. :thumbs:
Always quietly confident.
Mr Ferox
Stickleback
Stickleback
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jun 19 2022 00:14

Re: Solo boating, trolling hook ups and anchor drops

Post by Mr Ferox »

Just to be clear guys, your on the troll, a fish is hooked, the Anchor is dropped, the fishless rod is retrieved then you fight the fish? Just wondering?
GAVIN H
Zander
Zander
Posts: 6567
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00

Re: Solo boating, trolling hook ups and anchor drops

Post by GAVIN H »

Mr Ferox wrote: ↑Sun Jun 19 2022 08:33 -
Just to be clear guys, your on the troll, a fish is hooked, the Anchor is dropped, the fishless rod is retrieved then you fight the fish? Just wondering?
Welcome to the forum. What boat do you use for the ferox trolling? I know a few of the Ferox boys like the Orkney longliner type boats.
Mr Ferox
Stickleback
Stickleback
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jun 19 2022 00:14

Re: Solo boating, trolling hook ups and anchor drops

Post by Mr Ferox »

Hi GavinH. I have an Icelander 18ft. It's a little light but it shifts between marks.
GAVIN H
Zander
Zander
Posts: 6567
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00

Re: Solo boating, trolling hook ups and anchor drops

Post by GAVIN H »

Mr Ferox wrote: ↑Tue Jun 21 2022 21:30 -
Hi GavinH. I have an Icelander 18ft. It's a little light but it shifts between marks.
:thumbs:
Post Reply