line or braid

Need a recommendation or advice on fishing tackle? Ask in here
User avatar
THORNY
Captain
Captain
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Aug 29 2011 05:00
Location: Dumfries&Galloway

Re: line or braid

Post by THORNY » Tue Feb 13 2018 17:51

cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
THORNY wrote:
cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
THORNY wrote:
Kev Berry wrote:
Not used mono for piking for about 10 years now---cant see the point

if I fish snaggy bottoms I use a weak link for the lead -- well not that weak, I use 18lb line but attach the lead with a paper clip, no it dosnt cast off.
If my hooks snag up I can straighten them out with braid, far better than leaving a baited trace in the water.

IF I were fishing a place with lots of rocks I would use a float paternoster, no line anywhere near the bottom.

People got along fine with wooden rods for centuries---carbon fibre is to these what braid is to mono---a feckin BIG improvement
Try telling that to Pikey Browndildo :pipe: my spell check is on the blink :laughs: :exit:
Why have you got such a problem with the question Pikey asked, with attitudes like yours, no one will ever ask a question on here again!

Personally Pikey, I use braid for the reason Kev B mentions, if you get snagged up, you will bet the whole rig back "most" times as importantly the hooks and the lead links are weaker than the line.
The braid I use is either 0,36mm (66lb) or 0.41 (80lb) power pro, I test the hooks I use and the ones I am on at the moment pull out at around 40lb with two barbs in.
The reason for all this fuss for me as that you dont leave baited rigs about!
Other advantages is that it just last and lasts, I haven't tied a new knot for about 6 weeks and you can turn the line round when you respool it, some anglers have used the same stuff for 5 odd years!
Would I use mono again? in the right scenario, you bet ya!

Cheers Alan
I have not got a problem with his question it’s the fact that everytime he posts something up it’s just a load of crap and lm fed up of reading it .Afew forum members have tried to explain the benefits of using braid but this guy seems to think he knows it all even fishing Scottish lochs but he’s never wet a line in one go figure.He is abit like yourself full of it :roll:
:boing:
Dont read it then and I wonder is the air thin up there on that holy cloud?
Maybe ben should make you editor :thumbs:

Cheers Alan
You really are a tool :fu:

cookiesdaughtersdad
Brigadier
Brigadier
Posts: 6534
Joined: Tue Nov 06 2012 06:00
Location: Cambs

Re: line or braid

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad » Tue Feb 13 2018 18:03

THORNY wrote:
cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
THORNY wrote:
cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
THORNY wrote:
Kev Berry wrote:
Not used mono for piking for about 10 years now---cant see the point

if I fish snaggy bottoms I use a weak link for the lead -- well not that weak, I use 18lb line but attach the lead with a paper clip, no it dosnt cast off.
If my hooks snag up I can straighten them out with braid, far better than leaving a baited trace in the water.

IF I were fishing a place with lots of rocks I would use a float paternoster, no line anywhere near the bottom.

People got along fine with wooden rods for centuries---carbon fibre is to these what braid is to mono---a feckin BIG improvement
Try telling that to Pikey Browndildo :pipe: my spell check is on the blink :laughs: :exit:
Why have you got such a problem with the question Pikey asked, with attitudes like yours, no one will ever ask a question on here again!

Personally Pikey, I use braid for the reason Kev B mentions, if you get snagged up, you will bet the whole rig back "most" times as importantly the hooks and the lead links are weaker than the line.
The braid I use is either 0,36mm (66lb) or 0.41 (80lb) power pro, I test the hooks I use and the ones I am on at the moment pull out at around 40lb with two barbs in.
The reason for all this fuss for me as that you dont leave baited rigs about!
Other advantages is that it just last and lasts, I haven't tied a new knot for about 6 weeks and you can turn the line round when you respool it, some anglers have used the same stuff for 5 odd years!
Would I use mono again? in the right scenario, you bet ya!

Cheers Alan
I have not got a problem with his question it’s the fact that everytime he posts something up it’s just a load of crap and lm fed up of reading it .Afew forum members have tried to explain the benefits of using braid but this guy seems to think he knows it all even fishing Scottish lochs but he’s never wet a line in one go figure.He is abit like yourself full of it :roll:
:boing:
Dont read it then and I wonder is the air thin up there on that holy cloud?
Maybe ben should make you editor :thumbs:

Cheers Alan
You really are a tool :fu:
Ta very muchly, take it easy mate :thumbs:

Cheers ALan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.

cookiesdaughtersdad
Brigadier
Brigadier
Posts: 6534
Joined: Tue Nov 06 2012 06:00
Location: Cambs

Re: line or braid

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad » Tue Feb 13 2018 18:09

davelumb wrote:
The braid I use is either 0,36mm (66lb) or 0.41 (80lb) power pro,
Those will be 50lb and 65lb in real money. :smile:

http://www.dlst.co.uk/Writings/power.html
No no your right Dave (of course :wink:) I nearly made that mistake, what I actually ended up with was 0.41 and 0.43 as your table shows, I went for the 0.43 second time round as most of the fishing I do is close range or from the boat.
Cheers Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.

User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 20638
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: line or braid

Post by davelumb » Tue Feb 13 2018 18:27

cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
davelumb wrote:
The braid I use is either 0,36mm (66lb) or 0.41 (80lb) power pro,
Those will be 50lb and 65lb in real money. :smile:

http://www.dlst.co.uk/Writings/power.html
No no your right Dave (of course :wink:) I nearly made that mistake, what I actually ended up with was 0.41 and 0.43 as your table shows, I went for the 0.43 second time round as most of the fishing I do is close range or from the boat.
Cheers Alan
:thumbs:

User avatar
Bob Watson
Colonel
Colonel
Posts: 3069
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Next to the beer and BBQ

Re: line or braid

Post by Bob Watson » Tue Feb 13 2018 18:47

I had 50lb on the p1's and 65 on the bb's, took reels off for a clean and oil/grease. Don't know which is which now :roll:

cookiesdaughtersdad
Brigadier
Brigadier
Posts: 6534
Joined: Tue Nov 06 2012 06:00
Location: Cambs

Re: line or braid

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad » Tue Feb 13 2018 18:53

Bob Watson wrote:
I had 50lb on the p1's and 65 on the bb's, took reels off for a clean and oil/grease. Don't know which is which now :roll:

Being a builder, Bob, haven't you got an old tape?

Cheers Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.

User avatar
Andrew Croft
Bailiff
Bailiff
Posts: 11844
Joined: Wed Nov 02 2011 05:00
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Contact:

Re: line or braid

Post by Andrew Croft » Tue Feb 13 2018 21:06

Wait.... bobs a bulder ?
Let me ask you one question. Is your money that good. Will it buy you forgiveness. Do you think that it could. I think you will find When your death takes its toll All the money you made Will never buy back your soul.

User avatar
Bob Watson
Colonel
Colonel
Posts: 3069
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Next to the beer and BBQ

Re: line or braid

Post by Bob Watson » Tue Feb 13 2018 22:20

cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
Bob Watson wrote:
I had 50lb on the p1's and 65 on the bb's, took reels off for a clean and oil/grease. Don't know which is which now :roll:

Being a builder, Bob, haven't you got an old tape?

Cheers Alan
:scratch:

zodiac
Major
Major
Posts: 1331
Joined: Sat Oct 22 2011 05:00
Location: central jockland

Re: line or braid

Post by zodiac » Tue Feb 13 2018 22:24

Bob Watson wrote:
I had 50lb on the p1's and 65 on the bb's, took reels off for a clean and oil/grease. Don't know which is which now :roll:
The p1 will be a bit slimmer and lighter, the bb350 will be heavier, although retains a nice action. You may also find some writing near the butt. On my bb350 it's on the underside of the rod.
Glad I can help :grin:
'Politicians. Don't vote, it just encourages them. The desire to be a politician should bar you from life from ever being one' Billy Connoly

User avatar
nordbeck
Major
Major
Posts: 1527
Joined: Sun Jan 11 2015 15:35
Location: Deutschland :D

Re: line or braid

Post by nordbeck » Tue Feb 13 2018 22:43

I think he meant the line 🙈
Greetings from the continent,

Tim

User avatar
John Milford
Colonel
Colonel
Posts: 2883
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land

Re: line or braid

Post by John Milford » Tue Feb 13 2018 23:11

Chris b wrote:
15-20lb mono or 50-80lb braid.
Pick exact BS depending on water/method.
davelumb wrote:
With both mono and braid you should be selecting by diameter. One brand's 15lb mono might be as thick as another's 20lb, or as thin as a third's 10lb. Most 15lb monos are 0.35mm diameter. 0.40mm diameter mono would be my choice for abrasion resistance.
Agree with the above (and others) who emphasise diameter over nominal breaking strain. :thumbs:

I like mono for bottom fishing and braid for lure fishing. I dislike low diameter/high breaking strain monos as they are pre-stretched and one bad experience with them (Stren) was one too many. Stretch is what gives mono an advantage over braid in some situations, so why compromise?

As for Scotland, it does not have a monopoly on snaggy/rocky waters. There are plenty of them elsewhere.

Nor do Scottish (or Irish) pike have supernatural fighting powers either, so forget that myth. That was mostly perpetuated by anglers who visited those waters in the English close season and pike are generally feistier everywhere in the spring than the traditional winter season. Lean, post-spawn pike simply fight harder than fat, gravid ones!
"...one of the least sensible and astute people on here ..."

I buy fishing rods.

User avatar
Bob Watson
Colonel
Colonel
Posts: 3069
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Next to the beer and BBQ

Re: line or braid

Post by Bob Watson » Tue Feb 13 2018 23:50

zodiac wrote:
Bob Watson wrote:
I had 50lb on the p1's and 65 on the bb's, took reels off for a clean and oil/grease. Don't know which is which now :roll:
The p1 will be a bit slimmer and lighter, the bb350 will be heavier, although retains a nice action. You may also find some writing near the butt. On my bb350 it's on the underside of the rod.
Glad I can help :grin:
:laughs: :fu: :laughs:

Dusty22
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Nov 17 2017 07:27

Re: line or braid

Post by Dusty22 » Wed Feb 14 2018 22:47

Line every time . 15lb or a .40 diameter.
60lb braid ..... ......... really ? :point:

cookiesdaughtersdad
Brigadier
Brigadier
Posts: 6534
Joined: Tue Nov 06 2012 06:00
Location: Cambs

Re: line or braid

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad » Thu Feb 15 2018 10:52

Dusty22 wrote:
Line every time . 15lb or a .40 diameter.
60lb braid ..... ......... really ? :point:
No its 66 or 80lb :thumbs:

Cheers Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.

cookiesdaughtersdad
Brigadier
Brigadier
Posts: 6534
Joined: Tue Nov 06 2012 06:00
Location: Cambs

Re: line or braid

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad » Thu Feb 15 2018 10:53

Bob Watson wrote:
cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
Bob Watson wrote:
I had 50lb on the p1's and 65 on the bb's, took reels off for a clean and oil/grease. Don't know which is which now :roll:

Being a builder, Bob, haven't you got an old tape?

Cheers Alan
:scratch:
If your not sure which line is which, just get one of your old tapes and measure it :laughs:

Cheers Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.

User avatar
Bob Watson
Colonel
Colonel
Posts: 3069
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Next to the beer and BBQ

Re: line or braid

Post by Bob Watson » Thu Feb 15 2018 17:22

cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
Bob Watson wrote:
cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
Bob Watson wrote:
I had 50lb on the p1's and 65 on the bb's, took reels off for a clean and oil/grease. Don't know which is which now :roll:

Being a builder, Bob, haven't you got an old tape?

Cheers Alan
:scratch:
If your not sure which line is which, just get one of your old tapes and measure it :laughs:

Cheers Alan
Just measured it, 130yds on the p1's and 135yds on the BB's :laughs:

I was taking the p**s a bit, I did get the verniers (verynears) on it and think I got them the right way round.

Dusty22
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Nov 17 2017 07:27

Re: line or braid

Post by Dusty22 » Thu Feb 15 2018 20:32

cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
Line every time . 15lb or a .40 diameter.
60lb braid ..... ......... really ? :point:
No its 66 or 80lb :thumbs:

Cheers Alan
Fish at all costs ..... ? :camera:

User avatar
THORNY
Captain
Captain
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Aug 29 2011 05:00
Location: Dumfries&Galloway

Re: line or braid

Post by THORNY » Thu Feb 15 2018 21:27

Dusty22 wrote:
cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
Line every time . 15lb or a .40 diameter.
60lb braid ..... ......... really ? :point:
No its 66 or 80lb :thumbs:

Cheers Alan
Fish at all costs ..... ? :camera:
Wtf are you talking about? Have you actually bothered to read the thread? can you bend your hooks out of a snag with 15lb line?? The answer is No .So it’s not fish at all costs it’s so you don’t leave a baited trace in the water for a fish to pick up . :mad: .

Dusty22
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Nov 17 2017 07:27

Re: line or braid

Post by Dusty22 » Thu Feb 15 2018 22:20

THORNY wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
Line every time . 15lb or a .40 diameter.
60lb braid ..... ......... really ? :point:
No its 66 or 80lb :thumbs:

Cheers Alan
Fish at all costs ..... ? :camera:
Wtf are you talking about? Have you actually bothered to read the thread? can you bend your hooks out of a snag with 15lb line?? The answer is No .So it’s not fish at all costs it’s so you don’t leave a baited trace in the water for a fish to pick up . :mad: .
WTF are YOU talking about ? Fishing in snags ?
If you can’t land a fish why use way out tackle in doing so ?
The fish should be put first . As for bending hooks to remove them from a snag , what is that all about ! Simply don’t fish there !
What did we use before braid ? A good mono line .

Daniel
Major
Major
Posts: 1976
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Lincoln

Re: line or braid

Post by Daniel » Thu Feb 15 2018 22:26

Dusty22 wrote:
THORNY wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
Line every time . 15lb or a .40 diameter.
60lb braid ..... ......... really ? :point:
No its 66 or 80lb :thumbs:

Cheers Alan
Fish at all costs ..... ? :camera:
Wtf are you talking about? Have you actually bothered to read the thread? can you bend your hooks out of a snag with 15lb line?? The answer is No .So it’s not fish at all costs it’s so you don’t leave a baited trace in the water for a fish to pick up . :mad: .
WTF are YOU talking about ? Fishing in snags ?
If you can’t land a fish why use way out tackle in doing so ?
The fish should be put first . As for bending hooks to remove them from a snag , what is that all about ! Simply don’t fish there !
What did we use before braid ? A good mono line .
How in gods name is anyone supposed to know where every snag on every venue they fish is?
No offence is intended but there is no polite way to say this, you're talking out of your a**e.

Dusty22
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Nov 17 2017 07:27

Re: line or braid

Post by Dusty22 » Thu Feb 15 2018 22:45

Daniel wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
THORNY wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
Line every time . 15lb or a .40 diameter.
60lb braid ..... ......... really ? :point:
No its 66 or 80lb :thumbs:

Cheers Alan
Fish at all costs ..... ? :camera:
Wtf are you talking about? Have you actually bothered to read the thread? can you bend your hooks out of a snag with 15lb line?? The answer is No .So it’s not fish at all costs it’s so you don’t leave a baited trace in the water for a fish to pick up . :mad: .
WTF are YOU talking about ? Fishing in snags ?
If you can’t land a fish why use way out tackle in doing so ?
The fish should be put first . As for bending hooks to remove them from a snag , what is that all about ! Simply don’t fish there !
What did we use before braid ? A good mono line .
How in gods name is anyone supposed to know where every snag on every venue they fish is?
No offence is intended but there is no polite way to say this, you're talking out of your a**e.
Cast out a bare lead and feel for any snags , at the same time test for various depths if using a marker float .
:roll:

User avatar
THORNY
Captain
Captain
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Aug 29 2011 05:00
Location: Dumfries&Galloway

Re: line or braid

Post by THORNY » Thu Feb 15 2018 22:47

Daniel wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
THORNY wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
Line every time . 15lb or a .40 diameter.
60lb braid ..... ......... really ? :point:
No its 66 or 80lb :thumbs:

Cheers Alan
Fish at all costs ..... ? :camera:
Wtf are you talking about? Have you actually bothered to read the thread? can you bend your hooks out of a snag with 15lb line?? The answer is No .So it’s not fish at all costs it’s so you don’t leave a baited trace in the water for a fish to pick up . :mad: .
WTF are YOU talking about ? Fishing in snags ?
If you can’t land a fish why use way out tackle in doing so ?
The fish should be put first . As for bending hooks to remove them from a snag , what is that all about ! Simply don’t fish there !
What did we use before braid ? A good mono line .
How in gods name is anyone supposed to know where every snag on every venue they fish is?
No offence is intended but there is no polite way to say this, you're talking out of your a**e.
My thoughts exactly Daniel :thumbs: ,just another clueless know all :roll:
Last edited by THORNY on Thu Feb 15 2018 22:54, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Nobby C
Major
Major
Posts: 1437
Joined: Wed Nov 23 2011 06:00

Re: line or braid

Post by Nobby C » Thu Feb 15 2018 22:47

You aren't guaranteed to find them all, go for the safety option and you're covering all eventualities., Fish safety first innit. besides why would you thrash the water ibto a frenzy prior to fishing it? They've probably long departed.

Dusty22
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Nov 17 2017 07:27

Re: line or braid

Post by Dusty22 » Thu Feb 15 2018 23:01

THORNY wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
THORNY wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
Line every time . 15lb or a .40 diameter.
60lb braid ..... ......... really ? :point:
No its 66 or 80lb :thumbs:

Cheers Alan
Fish at all costs ..... ? :camera:
Wtf are you talking about? Have you actually bothered to read the thread? can you bend your hooks out of a snag with 15lb line?? The answer is No .So it’s not fish at all costs it’s so you don’t leave a baited trace in the water for a fish to pick up . :mad: .
WTF are YOU talking about ? Fishing in snags ?
If you can’t land a fish why use way out tackle in doing so ?
The fish should be put first . As for bending hooks to remove them from a snag , what is that all about ! Simply don’t fish there !
What did we use before braid ? A good mono line .
How in gods name is anyone supposed to know where every snag on every venue they fish is?
No offence is intended but there is no polite way to say this, you're talking out of your a**e.
My thoughts exactly Daniel :thumbs: ,just another clueless know all :roll:

Absolutely, another clueless know it all . I couldn’t agree more !

Remind me , what did you use before excessive braking strain braids ?

Daniel
Major
Major
Posts: 1976
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Lincoln

Re: line or braid

Post by Daniel » Thu Feb 15 2018 23:30

Dusty22 wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
THORNY wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
Line every time . 15lb or a .40 diameter.
60lb braid ..... ......... really ? :point:
No its 66 or 80lb :thumbs:

Cheers Alan
Fish at all costs ..... ? :camera:
Wtf are you talking about? Have you actually bothered to read the thread? can you bend your hooks out of a snag with 15lb line?? The answer is No .So it’s not fish at all costs it’s so you don’t leave a baited trace in the water for a fish to pick up . :mad: .
WTF are YOU talking about ? Fishing in snags ?
If you can’t land a fish why use way out tackle in doing so ?
The fish should be put first . As for bending hooks to remove them from a snag , what is that all about ! Simply don’t fish there !
What did we use before braid ? A good mono line .
How in gods name is anyone supposed to know where every snag on every venue they fish is?
No offence is intended but there is no polite way to say this, you're talking out of your a**e.
Cast out a bare lead and feel for any snags , at the same time test for various depths if using a marker float .
:roll:
And how does that work when trotting a bait on a river?

Like I said, talking out of your a**e.

User avatar
THORNY
Captain
Captain
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Aug 29 2011 05:00
Location: Dumfries&Galloway

Re: line or braid

Post by THORNY » Thu Feb 15 2018 23:31

Dusty22 wrote:
THORNY wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
THORNY wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
Line every time . 15lb or a .40 diameter.
60lb braid ..... ......... really ? :point:
No its 66 or 80lb :thumbs:

Cheers Alan
Fish at all costs ..... ? :camera:
Wtf are you talking about? Have you actually bothered to read the thread? can you bend your hooks out of a snag with 15lb line?? The answer is No .So it’s not fish at all costs it’s so you don’t leave a baited trace in the water for a fish to pick up . :mad: .
WTF are YOU talking about ? Fishing in snags ?
If you can’t land a fish why use way out tackle in doing so ?
The fish should be put first . As for bending hooks to remove them from a snag , what is that all about ! Simply don’t fish there !
What did we use before braid ? A good mono line .
How in gods name is anyone supposed to know where every snag on every venue they fish is?
No offence is intended but there is no polite way to say this, you're talking out of your a**e.
My thoughts exactly Daniel :thumbs: ,just another clueless know all :roll:

Absolutely, another clueless know it all . I couldn’t agree more !

Remind me , what did you use before excessive braking strain braids ?
I was referring to you :clown: i used a minimum of 20lb mono but switched to braid afew years ago now and never looked back although I do still use mono from time to time if i am fishing a rocky water.You talk about fish welfare but yet you have not taken on board what anybody has said have you? .Using the excessive braking strain braids as you put it :roll: they are not by the way eliminates the risk as said before of leaving a baited trace in the water how much clearer do you need it to be :confused: .Like Daniel mentioned earlier there is no way of knowing where every snag is so don’t come out with that s***e again unless you carry a snorkel with you when you go fishing :roll:

Kev Berry
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 16460
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Robin Hood country

Re: line or braid

Post by Kev Berry » Thu Feb 15 2018 23:31

Dusty22 wrote:
THORNY wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
THORNY wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
Line every time . 15lb or a .40 diameter.
60lb braid ..... ......... really ? :point:
No its 66 or 80lb :thumbs:

Cheers Alan
Fish at all costs ..... ? :camera:
Wtf are you talking about? Have you actually bothered to read the thread? can you bend your hooks out of a snag with 15lb line?? The answer is No .So it’s not fish at all costs it’s so you don’t leave a baited trace in the water for a fish to pick up . :mad: .
WTF are YOU talking about ? Fishing in snags ?
If you can’t land a fish why use way out tackle in doing so ?
The fish should be put first . As for bending hooks to remove them from a snag , what is that all about ! Simply don’t fish there !
What did we use before braid ? A good mono line .
How in gods name is anyone supposed to know where every snag on every venue they fish is?
No offence is intended but there is no polite way to say this, you're talking out of your a**e.
My thoughts exactly Daniel :thumbs: ,just another clueless know all :roll:

Absolutely, another clueless know it all . I couldn’t agree more !

Remind me , what did you use before excessive braking strain braids ?
I think you are missing the point either deliberately and are on a wind up or you are just a feckin eejit.

We went onto braid for several reasons---firstly for the same diameter as mono you have a far bigger BS---this in turn means you can straighten hooks out of snags, branches etc, not leaving baited traces in water. Secondly there is less danger of breaking off on a pike leaving it with a gob full of metal or worse.
So why do you say excessive breaking strain---are you one of these tw ats who think you need to "balance" the line to the fishes weight "to give it a chance" ---a chance to break you and keep a trace stuck in it ????

if you on a wind up---ya gonna get it on here
if you a feckin eejit---shut the feck up and learn something, cos that's something everyone on here will do --help anyone (except Nev---he wants paying to help :wink: )

Dusty22
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Nov 17 2017 07:27

Re: line or braid

Post by Dusty22 » Thu Feb 15 2018 23:58

Daniel wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
THORNY wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
Line every time . 15lb or a .40 diameter.
60lb braid ..... ......... really ? :point:
No its 66 or 80lb :thumbs:

Cheers Alan
Fish at all costs ..... ? :camera:
Wtf are you talking about? Have you actually bothered to read the thread? can you bend your hooks out of a snag with 15lb line?? The answer is No .So it’s not fish at all costs it’s so you don’t leave a baited trace in the water for a fish to pick up . :mad: .
WTF are YOU talking about ? Fishing in snags ?
If you can’t land a fish why use way out tackle in doing so ?
The fish should be put first . As for bending hooks to remove them from a snag , what is that all about ! Simply don’t fish there !
What did we use before braid ? A good mono line .
How in gods name is anyone supposed to know where every snag on every venue they fish is?
No offence is intended but there is no polite way to say this, you're talking out of your a**e.
Cast out a bare lead and feel for any snags , at the same time test for various depths if using a marker float .
:roll:
And how does that work when trotting a bait on a river?

Like I said, talking out of your a**e.
Why get personal?

Daniel
Major
Major
Posts: 1976
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Lincoln

Re: line or braid

Post by Daniel » Fri Feb 16 2018 00:05

Dusty22 wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
THORNY wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
Line every time . 15lb or a .40 diameter.
60lb braid ..... ......... really ? :point:
No its 66 or 80lb :thumbs:

Cheers Alan
Fish at all costs ..... ? :camera:
Wtf are you talking about? Have you actually bothered to read the thread? can you bend your hooks out of a snag with 15lb line?? The answer is No .So it’s not fish at all costs it’s so you don’t leave a baited trace in the water for a fish to pick up . :mad: .
WTF are YOU talking about ? Fishing in snags ?
If you can’t land a fish why use way out tackle in doing so ?
The fish should be put first . As for bending hooks to remove them from a snag , what is that all about ! Simply don’t fish there !
What did we use before braid ? A good mono line .
How in gods name is anyone supposed to know where every snag on every venue they fish is?
No offence is intended but there is no polite way to say this, you're talking out of your a**e.
Cast out a bare lead and feel for any snags , at the same time test for various depths if using a marker float .
:roll:
And how does that work when trotting a bait on a river?

Like I said, talking out of your a**e.
Why get personal?
Partly because I wanted to, partly because you deserved it, but mainly because you're talking out of your a**e!

Dusty22
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Nov 17 2017 07:27

Re: line or braid

Post by Dusty22 » Fri Feb 16 2018 00:35

Daniel wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
THORNY wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
Dusty22 wrote:
Line every time . 15lb or a .40 diameter.
60lb braid ..... ......... really ? :point:
No its 66 or 80lb :thumbs:

Cheers Alan
Fish at all costs ..... ? :camera:
Wtf are you talking about? Have you actually bothered to read the thread? can you bend your hooks out of a snag with 15lb line?? The answer is No .So it’s not fish at all costs it’s so you don’t leave a baited trace in the water for a fish to pick up . :mad: .
WTF are YOU talking about ? Fishing in snags ?
If you can’t land a fish why use way out tackle in doing so ?
The fish should be put first . As for bending hooks to remove them from a snag , what is that all about ! Simply don’t fish there !
What did we use before braid ? A good mono line .
How in gods name is anyone supposed to know where every snag on every venue they fish is?
No offence is intended but there is no polite way to say this, you're talking out of your a**e.
Cast out a bare lead and feel for any snags , at the same time test for various depths if using a marker float .
:roll:
And how does that work when trotting a bait on a river?

Like I said, talking out of your a**e.
Why get personal?
Partly because I wanted to, partly because you deserved it, but mainly because you're talking out of your a**e!
Wow , I’m talking out of my a**e ! Excellent !
Just remind me , what did you do before braid ?

Post Reply