Climb8 waterproof jacket

Need a recommendation or advice on fishing tackle? Ask in here
chris_parry
Sergeant
Sergeant

Climb8 waterproof jacket

Post by chris_parry » Wed Sep 12 2018 20:31

Looks like I'm going to need a new waterproof jacket for this winter and I am considering the Climb8 Lough Conn jacket.
Anyone's views or experiences would be much appreciated - thanks. :thumbs:

Paddy_R
Captain
Captain

Re: Climb8 waterproof jacket

Post by Paddy_R » Wed Sep 12 2018 21:26

Not owned one myself but a friend has. As I said in another post:

Friend bought a Climb8 fishing jacket and bibs recently. First day it got a real test in the wet he got absolutely soaked! Inspected it later and it looked like the seams hadn't been correctly glued.

He rang Climb8 and explained the situation and she hung up the phone after hearing there was an issue! He wasn't even looking for new ones (even though he should have been entitled) but just to send them back to be correctly finished. He rang again and she hung up on him again. After that she just wouldn't answer the phone to him.
I was with him at the time and got a great laugh from his misfortune (his face when she hung up :laughs: ) but that is p**s poor service. :yours: She has already lost business from it and she has certainly put me off ever buying anything Climb8.
A wise man once said nothing

pete webster
Colonel
Colonel

Post by pete webster » Wed Sep 12 2018 21:37

I've just bought one of these and it looks the business
https://www.johnnorris.co.uk/products/s ... rsh-jacket

BillCollins
Brigadier
Brigadier

Post by BillCollins » Wed Sep 12 2018 21:47

I've no idea what she's like to deal with if there's a issue, because I've never heard of anyone having a problem with any of the Climb8 stuff. I have a Conn jacket and a pair of breathable waders made from the same stuff. They're about 6 years old now. The waders are still fine but the jacket is now semi retired. It started to leave in water last year, previous to that it had been the best jacket I've ever had. To be honest I never looked after it properly and just bunged it in the washing machine with ordinary washing powder etc, if I followed the instructions it might still be fine. So, 5 years of mistreatment and neglect before it leaked, I'm not complaining and will be replacing it with the same again.

Carlperkins
Brigadier
Brigadier

Post by Carlperkins » Thu Sep 13 2018 13:07

Gone down the Army kit route
Softy jacket and goretex coat
Warm and dry and cheap
REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE AN ENGLISHMAN, AND HAVE CONSEQUENTLY WON FIRST IN THE LOTTERY OF LIFE

Cecil Rhodes

Jellybait
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jellybait » Thu Sep 13 2018 13:18

Ive the climb8 jacket and bib and brace - The bib and brace have started to leak after 7 years and lots of abuse fresh and saltwater fishing - the jacket is great ,dry as a bone and comfortable

I did ring to recommend that they use a stronger velcro on the pockets ,as mine doesnt really stay closed anymore and tried to explain ive had other jackets /bibs and the vercro hasnt faded at all , but they took it as an offence !!and will not be using a diiferrent one .... its still s**t velcro

kristian
Major
Major

Post by kristian » Thu Sep 13 2018 13:44

This company seem a right set of knobs.
They may make good gear but if they won't have it that its anything less than perfect then I'm not sure I'd buy from them.

chris_parry
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by chris_parry » Fri Sep 14 2018 15:45

Many thanks for the input gents :thumbs:
The Pit's a great place.

brendan taaffe
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by brendan taaffe » Fri Sep 14 2018 16:49

I was thinking of getting climb8 gear but now not so sure. The game angling clothing is designed to be out in all weathers. Protak years ago had a good name.