Mitchell 400

Need a recommendation or advice on fishing tackle? Ask in here
Post Reply
User avatar
Mercman
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1715
Joined: Sat Sep 10 2016 13:25
Location: Essex PAC 102

Mitchell 400

Post by Mercman » Sun May 12 2019 10:35

Picked up a Mitchell 400 from the boot sale today for my buddy Delboy. I don’t think I have seen a 400 before and they are fairly rare.
Anyone (John) could put a value on it? It’s in good nick works perfect and maybe the years made,I’m guessing early 1980’s
76938224-6BB2-4EE7-8766-F584E77B85CE.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You can learn so much from old people that is why... Delboy is my 75 year old mentor
I am now.....Delboy's Mentor... :grin:

Mattjb
Jack Pike
Jack Pike
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Jan 31 2012 06:00

Re: Mitchell 400

Post by Mattjb » Sun May 12 2019 11:40

I've got a 400 that I bought with my first weeks wages in 1987. Fairly battered and in need of some tlc now though!

Mattjb
Jack Pike
Jack Pike
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Jan 31 2012 06:00

Re: Mitchell 400

Post by Mattjb » Sun May 12 2019 11:48

Have a look for the serial number on the reel's foot then look on the Mitchell museum website, you should be able to date it fairly easily.

delboy
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 2510
Joined: Tue Jan 15 2013 06:00
Location: lea valley

Re: Mitchell 400

Post by delboy » Sun May 12 2019 13:03

You better hope its a f*****g bargain boy.
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.

User avatar
Mercman
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1715
Joined: Sat Sep 10 2016 13:25
Location: Essex PAC 102

Re: Mitchell 400

Post by Mercman » Sun May 12 2019 14:13

delboy wrote:
You better hope its a f*****g bargain boy.
I think you will be happy, it's worth at least what I paid. Been doing some research there is no serial number just four dot 4.

I think it is a 400 T4 model 1984 probably
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You can learn so much from old people that is why... Delboy is my 75 year old mentor
I am now.....Delboy's Mentor... :grin:

delboy
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 2510
Joined: Tue Jan 15 2013 06:00
Location: lea valley

Re: Mitchell 400

Post by delboy » Sun May 12 2019 15:24

No serial number??????????????????????whats that mean.............is it stolen.............................anyway its mine,there is one on e,bay for 30 quid or offer,think I prob paid what it is worth.................main thing is I am excited,(and its not because I took a little blue pill)happy days
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.

delboy
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 2510
Joined: Tue Jan 15 2013 06:00
Location: lea valley

Re: Mitchell 400

Post by delboy » Sun May 12 2019 15:27

Also Battle of the bulge is on and there is only 2 hours left then bbq time
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.

delboy
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 2510
Joined: Tue Jan 15 2013 06:00
Location: lea valley

Re: Mitchell 400

Post by delboy » Sun May 12 2019 15:45

And Terry Sarvalis is f*****g brilliant in it
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.

delboy
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 2510
Joined: Tue Jan 15 2013 06:00
Location: lea valley

Re: Mitchell 400

Post by delboy » Sun May 12 2019 16:00

Getting back to the fishing,this old boy wants my swim so I will have to get up silly o clock tomorrow to get it,its his swim really and he is a better fisherman than me,lost 3 nice fish in that swim on thurs,he don't seem to lose anything,he is the b******s,also he said he has got a old heron bite alarm for me if he can find it.....f**k it now ,cos I am on here the missus is turning the tele off and putting music on,that aint right.
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.

User avatar
Mercman
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1715
Joined: Sat Sep 10 2016 13:25
Location: Essex PAC 102

Re: Mitchell 400

Post by Mercman » Sun May 12 2019 16:24

delboy wrote:
Getting back to the fishing,this old boy wants my swim so I will have to get up silly o clock tomorrow to get it,its his swim really and he is a better fisherman than me,lost 3 nice fish in that swim on thurs,he don't seem to lose anything,he is the b******s,also he said he has got a old heron bite alarm for me if he can find it.....f**k it now ,cos I am on here the missus is turning the tele off and putting music on,that aint right.

It's Telly Savalas not Terry!

Tears for fears blasting out?
You can learn so much from old people that is why... Delboy is my 75 year old mentor
I am now.....Delboy's Mentor... :grin:

delboy
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 2510
Joined: Tue Jan 15 2013 06:00
Location: lea valley

Re: Mitchell 400

Post by delboy » Sun May 12 2019 17:29

Right both times boy
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.

delboy
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 2510
Joined: Tue Jan 15 2013 06:00
Location: lea valley

Re: Mitchell 400

Post by delboy » Mon May 13 2019 13:01

Well beat the old boy to the swim,but he had the last laugh,he had a 9lb 7oz tench in another swim.
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.

User avatar
Mike J
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 3290
Joined: Wed Nov 09 2016 09:26
Location: Wessex

Re: Mitchell 400

Post by Mike J » Tue May 14 2019 09:01

Ray, if your Del's mentor why haven't you advised him to watch and learn how the old boy catches his big tench?
Is it because your all footie focused and don't have time for your student?

Mick, what are you getting all carpie about, racing to get to a swim before its taken, dear me thats not you or have you changed since it got warmer?

:cheers:

delboy
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 2510
Joined: Tue Jan 15 2013 06:00
Location: lea valley

Re: Mitchell 400

Post by delboy » Tue May 14 2019 16:56

We were both over there today,he came and had a chat twice(trying to pick my brains.............................good luck there boy),He only use's one rod ,a Edgar sealey black arrow,his reel is held onto his rod with tape,he doe's not prepare a swim at all(raking/prebait etc),in the last 7 trips I have had one tench,he has had 3 tench,3 carp and a bream,all on the float ,we get on really well cos he has took the time to talk to me,at first like most people he thought I was a wrong un,but me and him think the same,we are both old school,ie YOU DON'T GO FISHING JUST TO CATCH FISH,the only differance is he is CONFEDENT about what he doe's,Be over there again on Thursday,Can't wait
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.

martin(rockape)
Perch
Perch
Posts: 798
Joined: Fri Nov 14 2014 22:11
Location: Northamptonshire

Re: Mitchell 400

Post by martin(rockape) » Tue May 14 2019 19:52

delboy wrote:
We were both over there today,he came and had a chat twice(trying to pick my brains.............................good luck there boy),He only use's one rod ,a Edgar sealey black arrow,his reel is held onto his rod with tape,he doe's not prepare a swim at all(raking/prebait etc),in the last 7 trips I have had one tench,he has had 3 tench,3 carp and a bream,all on the float ,we get on really well cos he has took the time to talk to me,at first like most people he thought I was a wrong un,but me and him think the same,we are both old school,ie YOU DON'T GO FISHING JUST TO CATCH FISH,the only differance is he is CONFEDENT about what he doe's,Be over there again on Thursday,Can't wait
Not discrediting your friend but some people have this knack of catching fish in a bucket of water, in other words they are skillful or just lucky.

Regards

Martin

User avatar
Mercman
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1715
Joined: Sat Sep 10 2016 13:25
Location: Essex PAC 102

Re: Mitchell 400

Post by Mercman » Tue May 14 2019 20:36

Mike J wrote:
Ray, if your Del's mentor why haven't you advised him to watch and learn how the old boy catches his big tench?
Is it because your all footie focused and don't have time for your student?

Mick, what are you getting all carpie about, racing to get to a swim before its taken, dear me thats not you or have you changed since it got warmer?

:cheers:
Can't help some people Mike... :grin:
You can learn so much from old people that is why... Delboy is my 75 year old mentor
I am now.....Delboy's Mentor... :grin:

Post Reply