Peg board hooks

Need a recommendation or advice on fishing tackle? Ask in here
Chris Hammond
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1693
Joined: Sun Apr 14 2019 08:14

Peg board hooks

Post by Chris Hammond » Wed Mar 18 2020 23:45

I've bought some peg board with 18mm hole spacings for both lures and tools in my tackle room. Can anyone point me towards somewhere I can buy the hooks to go with them please?

User avatar
Kev Berry
Pike
Pike
Posts: 21464
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Robin Hood country

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Kev Berry » Wed Mar 18 2020 23:54

Chris Hammond wrote:
I've bought some peg board with 18mm hole spacings for both lures and tools in my tackle room. Can anyone point me towards somewhere I can buy the hooks to go with them please?
If they same size as mine I have buckets of them. Will check sizes in morning and you can have what you want

Chris Hammond
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1693
Joined: Sun Apr 14 2019 08:14

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Chris Hammond » Thu Mar 19 2020 06:13

Kev Berry wrote:
Chris Hammond wrote:
I've bought some peg board with 18mm hole spacings for both lures and tools in my tackle room. Can anyone point me towards somewhere I can buy the hooks to go with them please?
If they same size as mine I have buckets of them. Will check sizes in morning and you can have what you want
Cheers Kev much appreciated!

User avatar
Kev Berry
Pike
Pike
Posts: 21464
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Robin Hood country

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Kev Berry » Thu Mar 19 2020 12:42

Got farsands of plastic ones...but they 25 mm
Got some of these..about 40 of them if you want them
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Mike J
Zander
Zander
Posts: 6371
Joined: Wed Nov 09 2016 09:26
Location: Wessex

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Mike J » Thu Mar 19 2020 12:51

I made my own from the wire snipped fron baskets recovered from wasteland alongside a supermarket.
Also made them and butchers hooks from the wire oven racks.

No Im not a gypo!

Just cant pass up on something that might be useful


or justin :grin:
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus

Chris Hammond
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1693
Joined: Sun Apr 14 2019 08:14

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Chris Hammond » Fri Mar 20 2020 18:14

Kev Berry wrote:
Got farsands of plastic ones...but they 25 mm
Got some of these..about 40 of them if you want them
Thanks Kev that's darned decent of you! But I need them to be 18mm wide to suit the peg board. I can get them off Ebay but they're asking for £7/8 for ten! Worst of it is I must have skipped several thousand over the years when we've had shop fitting jobs.

Chris Hammond
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1693
Joined: Sun Apr 14 2019 08:14

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Chris Hammond » Fri Mar 20 2020 18:14

Mike J wrote:
I made my own from the wire snipped fron baskets recovered from wasteland alongside a supermarket.
Also made them and butchers hooks from the wire oven racks.

No Im not a gypo!

Just cant pass up on something that might be useful


or justin :grin:
Good idea Mike. 😉

User avatar
Kev Berry
Pike
Pike
Posts: 21464
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Robin Hood country

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Kev Berry » Fri Mar 20 2020 18:25

Chris Hammond wrote:
Kev Berry wrote:
Got farsands of plastic ones...but they 25 mm
Got some of these..about 40 of them if you want them
Thanks Kev that's darned decent of you! But I need them to be 18mm wide to suit the peg board. I can get them off Ebay but they're asking for £7/8 for ten! Worst of it is I must have skipped several thousand over the years when we've had shop fitting jobs.
Those metal pegs are flexible Chris, will fit 18mm, yours if you want them.

Chris Hammond
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1693
Joined: Sun Apr 14 2019 08:14

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Chris Hammond » Fri Mar 20 2020 18:31

Kev Berry wrote:
Chris Hammond wrote:
Kev Berry wrote:
Got farsands of plastic ones...but they 25 mm
Got some of these..about 40 of them if you want them
Thanks Kev that's darned decent of you! But I need them to be 18mm wide to suit the peg board. I can get them off Ebay but they're asking for £7/8 for ten! Worst of it is I must have skipped several thousand over the years when we've had shop fitting jobs.
Those metal pegs are flexible Chris, will fit 18mm, yours if you want them.
Wow thanks kev! I'll tell you what if you are ok with it I'll fund a young angler's subscription to the PAC for a year by way of payment. You can choose who. Or if you'd rather some other charity benefit then I'll make a donation?

User avatar
Kev Berry
Pike
Pike
Posts: 21464
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Robin Hood country

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Kev Berry » Fri Mar 20 2020 19:54

Chris Hammond wrote:
Kev Berry wrote:
Chris Hammond wrote:
Kev Berry wrote:
Got farsands of plastic ones...but they 25 mm
Got some of these..about 40 of them if you want them
Thanks Kev that's darned decent of you! But I need them to be 18mm wide to suit the peg board. I can get them off Ebay but they're asking for £7/8 for ten! Worst of it is I must have skipped several thousand over the years when we've had shop fitting jobs.
Those metal pegs are flexible Chris, will fit 18mm, yours if you want them.
Wow thanks kev! I'll tell you what if you are ok with it I'll fund a young angler's subscription to the PAC for a year by way of payment. You can choose who. Or if you'd rather some other charity benefit then I'll make a donation?
Give a donation to the next good cause on here Chris
Send me address etc and I'll get them sent off

Chris Hammond
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1693
Joined: Sun Apr 14 2019 08:14

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Chris Hammond » Fri Mar 20 2020 19:56

Kev Berry wrote:
Chris Hammond wrote:
Kev Berry wrote:
Chris Hammond wrote:
Kev Berry wrote:
Got farsands of plastic ones...but they 25 mm
Got some of these..about 40 of them if you want them
Thanks Kev that's darned decent of you! But I need them to be 18mm wide to suit the peg board. I can get them off Ebay but they're asking for £7/8 for ten! Worst of it is I must have skipped several thousand over the years when we've had shop fitting jobs.
Those metal pegs are flexible Chris, will fit 18mm, yours if you want them.
Wow thanks kev! I'll tell you what if you are ok with it I'll fund a young angler's subscription to the PAC for a year by way of payment. You can choose who. Or if you'd rather some other charity benefit then I'll make a donation?
Give a donation to the next good cause on here Chris
Send me address etc and I'll get them sent off
Ok Kev will do. 😉

zodiac
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 2841
Joined: Sat Oct 22 2011 05:00
Location: central jockland

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by zodiac » Fri Mar 20 2020 23:19

Well done Kev. Power of the pit!
'Politicians. Don't vote, it just encourages them. The desire to be a politician should bar you from life from ever being one' Billy Connoly

User avatar
Mike J
Zander
Zander
Posts: 6371
Joined: Wed Nov 09 2016 09:26
Location: Wessex

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Mike J » Sat Mar 21 2020 10:06

zodiac wrote:
Well done Kev. Power of the pit!


Top man Kev :thumbs:
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus

Chris Hammond
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1693
Joined: Sun Apr 14 2019 08:14

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Chris Hammond » Sun Mar 22 2020 20:22

Might seem a bit daft but how are those shop displays formed with peg board anyone? I'm thinking I need to put a thin bead around the perimeter of the board so that there is a space in which to site the pegs? Maybe a 10mm ×10mm bit of deal or similar?

Chris Hammond
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1693
Joined: Sun Apr 14 2019 08:14

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Chris Hammond » Sun Mar 22 2020 20:25

I've been trying to design a rod rack for part of one wall but found a ready made ally one on ebay earlier for just under £30 which houses 24 rods. I will see how it shapes up before deciding if I need another one but I would think 24 made up rods would be more than enough for my various types of fishing.

User avatar
Bob Watson
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 4842
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Stockton on Redacted

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Bob Watson » Sun Mar 22 2020 21:14

Chris Hammond wrote:
I've been trying to design a rod rack for part of one wall but found a ready made ally one on ebay earlier for just under £30 which houses 24 rods. I will see how it shapes up before deciding if I need another one but I would think 24 made up rods would be more than enough for my various types of fishing.
I'll take a pic of mine and send you it


Don't bank on it :laughs:
I don't have a nickname :roll:

Chris Hammond
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1693
Joined: Sun Apr 14 2019 08:14

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Chris Hammond » Sun Mar 22 2020 21:19

Bob Watson wrote:
Chris Hammond wrote:
I've been trying to design a rod rack for part of one wall but found a ready made ally one on ebay earlier for just under £30 which houses 24 rods. I will see how it shapes up before deciding if I need another one but I would think 24 made up rods would be more than enough for my various types of fishing.
I'll take a pic of mine and send you it


Don't bank on it :laughs:
:thumbs:

User avatar
Kev Berry
Pike
Pike
Posts: 21464
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Robin Hood country

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Kev Berry » Mon Mar 23 2020 12:18

Chris Hammond wrote:
Might seem a bit daft but how are those shop displays formed with peg board anyone? I'm thinking I need to put a thin bead around the perimeter of the board so that there is a space in which to site the pegs? Maybe a 10mm ×10mm bit of deal or similar?
Just make a small frame with laths on the wall Chris and screw the board to it

Chris Hammond
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1693
Joined: Sun Apr 14 2019 08:14

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Chris Hammond » Mon Mar 23 2020 14:22

Kev Berry wrote:
Chris Hammond wrote:
Might seem a bit daft but how are those shop displays formed with peg board anyone? I'm thinking I need to put a thin bead around the perimeter of the board so that there is a space in which to site the pegs? Maybe a 10mm ×10mm bit of deal or similar?
Just make a small frame with laths on the wall Chris and screw the board to it
Found some 10mm beading at works this morning Kev. If things carry on as they are Im going to be having plenty of time to do it. 😪

Chris Hammond
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1693
Joined: Sun Apr 14 2019 08:14

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Chris Hammond » Tue Mar 24 2020 20:09

Well I'm no lure fisherman but I reckon I'm going to need another two of these boards at least. 😯

I suppose it's a start though and those proper display pegs were a right result Kev. Really appreciated! And trust me mate, I'm a Lannister. 😉
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Bob Watson
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 4842
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Stockton on Redacted

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Bob Watson » Tue Mar 24 2020 21:01

I've just removed all the trebles from my lures.

What a tangled mess it was when I opened the bag for the first time in years.

There'll soon be a what's it worth post going up! :roll:
I don't have a nickname :roll:

Chris Hammond
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1693
Joined: Sun Apr 14 2019 08:14

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Chris Hammond » Fri Mar 27 2020 13:18

The new rod rack has arrived and for £28 I am impressed! I'm going to order another one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Bob Watson
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 4842
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Stockton on Redacted

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Bob Watson » Fri Mar 27 2020 14:46

Pic of my rack under the stairs, just remembered.
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
The rod butts rest against a flat piece of 4"x1" that's at an angle of 45º to persuade the top of the rods to sit against the wall. It took me a few hours to make. There's about 20 in total, the rest are out of shot hidden behind rod quivers and hold-alls.

The fashionable wallpaper :red: is from when the under-stairs alcove was still part of the hall before a certain Bri Carragher boxed it in and put doors on it for me years ago!

I'd have done a better job myself but I had to go to work :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: Sorry Bri :laughs:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I don't have a nickname :roll:

Chris Hammond
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1693
Joined: Sun Apr 14 2019 08:14

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Chris Hammond » Fri Mar 27 2020 16:28

That looks the business Bob!

I did think about a second hand pool cue rack but at £28 I'm reasonably happy with the one above.

Chris Hammond
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1693
Joined: Sun Apr 14 2019 08:14

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Chris Hammond » Thu Apr 02 2020 17:27

Making slow but steady progress with the tackle room. Sorted out the pike lures today. Just need to give them all a clean and replace the hooks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Will Smith
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 2555
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Snods Edge, Northumberland

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Will Smith » Thu Apr 02 2020 19:38

That is an extremely tidy tackle room Chris 10/10 for that :thumbs: .

Will.

Chris Hammond
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1693
Joined: Sun Apr 14 2019 08:14

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Chris Hammond » Tue Apr 14 2020 14:43

Will Smith wrote:
That is an extremely tidy tackle room Chris 10/10 for that :thumbs: .

Will.
Sorry Will I somehow missed this.

I'm not renowned for keeping my fishing tackle in good order but if this lockdown has done anything it has allowed me to sort through it properly for once. I keep chopping and changing it though because I basically don't have enough room for it all. I've still got heaps of pics to sort through but have done the best part of two collages on the walls. I'm waiting for another drawer unit to arrive so I can arrange my kit for the various species

I've made a nice bit of progress though and found lures and tackle I didn't even know I had. :cool:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chris Hammond
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1693
Joined: Sun Apr 14 2019 08:14

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Chris Hammond » Tue Apr 14 2020 15:03

I'm also going to set the fish tank up again. I don't know if you remember the first one but I had it set up to mimic an English stream with a pump set up to create a flow from one end of the tank to the other:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Kev Berry
Pike
Pike
Posts: 21464
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Robin Hood country

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Kev Berry » Wed Apr 15 2020 08:29

Chris Hammond wrote:
I'm also going to set the fish tank up again. I don't know if you remember the first one but I had it set up to mimic an English stream with a pump set up to create a flow from one end of the tank to the other:
I did something like that with my 6x2x2 tank Chris
Bit of advice.....make sure any weed out the stream you might use gets cleaned/disinfected

A few weeks after setting mine up I was rudely awakened by the wife insisting I do something about the millions of little black flies that had appeared overnight in the living room :laughs:

Chris Hammond
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1693
Joined: Sun Apr 14 2019 08:14

Re: Peg board hooks

Post by Chris Hammond » Wed Apr 15 2020 14:09

Good point Kev! 😁

Post Reply