Voodoo traces

Need a recommendation or advice on fishing tackle? Ask in here
juttle
Perch
Perch

Voodoo traces

Post by juttle » Sat Aug 01 2020 13:48

I’ve just been reading August’s’Pikelines’ and there’s an interesting article which frequently refers to voodoo traces. Unless I’m as thick as most people think I am, I can’t find any reference as to where to buy them. Anybody got any ideas?
Bob

Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Voodoo traces

Post by Jimk2 » Sat Aug 01 2020 14:28

They are made by a guy who has a facebook page, handmade traces made by a piker.

juttle
Perch
Perch

Post by juttle » Sat Aug 01 2020 15:18

Jimk2 wrote:
They are made by a guy who has a facebook page, handmade traces made by a piker.
I’ve tried doing a search on Facebook using ‘handmade traces made by a piker’ and also the guys name but keep coming up empty! I’ll keep looking, maybe he’s got nothing for sale at the moment, there’s lots of stuff not getting through at the moment, wire, etc, maybe he’s caught up in all that.
Bob

Andytheammer
Chub
Chub

Post by Andytheammer » Sat Aug 01 2020 15:36

I’ve PM’d you

juttle
Perch
Perch

Post by juttle » Sat Aug 01 2020 16:15

Andytheammer wrote:
I’ve PM’d you
And replied, cheers Mate!
Bob

Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jimk2 » Sat Aug 01 2020 18:59

juttle wrote:
Jimk2 wrote:
I’ve tried doing a search on Facebook using ‘handmade traces made by a piker’ and also the guys name but keep coming up empty! I’ll keep looking, maybe he’s got nothing for sale at the moment, there’s lots of stuff not getting through at the moment, wire, etc, maybe he’s caught up in all that.
The Facebook page is Voodoo Traces, the hand made by a piker bit is just that they are hand made by who I assume is a pike angler.
I hope you get sorted.

juttle
Perch
Perch

Post by juttle » Sat Aug 01 2020 19:21

Jimk2 wrote:
juttle wrote:
Jimk2 wrote:
The Facebook page is Voodoo Traces, the hand made by a piker bit is just that they are hand made by who I assume is a pike angler.
I hope you get sorted.
Thanks for your help Mate, I’ve found him now!
Bob

John Currie
Chub
Chub

Post by John Currie » Sat Aug 01 2020 23:43

Robs traces are well made .The pac use them on the junior teach ins.I had some sent to me and tested them on the bench to destruction,I was impressed .I confirmed to Rob what we wanted and as he seen it was for juniors he gave us them.A generous gesture .

Andytheammer
Chub
Chub

Post by Andytheammer » Sun Aug 02 2020 12:45

John Currie wrote:
Robs traces are well made .The pac use them on the junior teach ins.I had some sent to me and tested them on the bench to destruction,I was impressed .I confirmed to Rob what we wanted and as he seen it was for juniors he gave us them.A generous gesture .
John don’t big him up too much you know he has a full time job!
Think he’s just coping with orders as it is! :laughs:

Cod
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Cod » Sun Aug 02 2020 15:07

Without doubt Titanium traces are the way forward, a big leap in the right direction in my opinion.

You won’t look back face.
Learning is a gift.

Mercman
Chub
Chub

Post by Mercman » Sun Aug 02 2020 20:14

Andytheammer wrote:
John Currie wrote:
John don’t big him up too much you know he has a full time job!
Think he’s just coping with orders as it is! :laughs:
To be fair Andy they are quality, that’s why us lot all use them, titanium flavour
Delboy is actually only 65 years old, I had to confess!

zodiac
Barbel
Barbel

Post by zodiac » Sun Aug 02 2020 20:54

I would never use a trace made by anybody else but me. I have no doubt these traces are quality, but it's just not for me. I haven't used a trace I didn't make myself since about 1990.
'Politicians. Don't vote, it just encourages them. The desire to be a politician should bar you from life from ever being one' Billy Connoly

Jason Skilton
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Jason Skilton » Mon Aug 03 2020 08:45

John Currie wrote:
Rob is a goodun and a PAC guy through and through....He's made loads for the PAC (lure and deadbait) traces for Suffolk PAC teach in when I was doing them.
If you enjoy the forum and would like to contribute towards the running costs please click here to send a donation via PayPal or here to buy some Pit merchandise - thank you

Kevin O'Keeffe
Charity Fundraiser
Charity Fundraiser

Post by Kevin O'Keeffe » Wed Aug 05 2020 09:46

Cod wrote:
Without doubt Titanium traces are the way forward, a big leap in the right direction in my opinion.

You won’t look back face.
I have with positive results.
Ti is always in my armoury and for lure fishing a must but for deads... not always the best way forward.
Love the hit!

Kevin O'Keeffe
Charity Fundraiser
Charity Fundraiser

Post by Kevin O'Keeffe » Wed Aug 05 2020 09:48

I was dissapointed that advertising features have slipped into Pikelines myself.
Previously Rob has however written about trace making so petty possibly.
Love the hit!

mattiethomp
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by mattiethomp » Wed Aug 05 2020 20:43

Hi all im not on face ache, could some kind soul please put on the prices, never used ti gor bait traces, but only use ti for jerkbait traces

piker al
Chub
Chub

Post by piker al » Sat Aug 08 2020 07:49

Gadda baits make some cracking traces

Steve Le maitre
Chub
Chub

Post by Steve Le maitre » Sat Aug 08 2020 08:16

zodiac wrote:
I would never use a trace made by anybody else but me. I have no doubt these traces are quality, but it's just not for me. I haven't used a trace I didn't make myself since about 1990.
Agree, having 100% confidence in your setup is vital - the rest of the time is yours to worry about all the things you have no control over. Cormorants, Otters, EE’s, pollution, glad it’s not just me !