Pecheur- fishing tackle shop for the Irish lads.

Need a recommendation or advice on fishing tackle? Ask in here
SmellySmelt
Roach
Roach

Pecheur- fishing tackle shop for the Irish lads.

Post by SmellySmelt » Wed Jan 13 2021 19:22

I thought I’d put this up. I was looking for a pair of shimano ultegra 5500 for my pair of Xcalibre rods. Nowhere in the island of Ireland had these reels, north or south. So I was looking up what taxes I’d have to pay for them to get from UK. As it’s over €150 it would cost me up on €150 just for taxes, basically them price of a reel!! So I did a bit of a search and found a shop in France that had them in stock and would post for €3.90. It looks like I’ll have them around 20/01/21. Looking at the reviews their delivery times seem very accurate. Anyways for any of ye Irish boys looking for something that you can’t get over here, have a look at their website.
https://www.pecheur.com/en/ie/?gclid=Cj ... lsrc=aw.ds

Paddy_R
Chub
Chub

Re: Pecheur- fishing tackle shop for the Irish lads.

Post by Paddy_R » Wed Jan 13 2021 19:27

Pecheur are huge. :thumbs: Plenty of random bits and pieces that you wouldn't get here (or in the UK) too.

www.fishdeal.co.uk are another one to have a look at if something can't be got local. They're based in the Netherlands (visdeal.nl)

Buying from the North is fine too so www.fishingtackleandbait.co.uk won't incur any extra costs.

Shop local when you can of course. I think the Irish stores should do well out of Brexit.
Last edited by Paddy_R on Wed Jan 13 2021 19:29, edited 1 time in total.

Pikerd74
Roach
Roach

Post by Pikerd74 » Wed Jan 13 2021 19:27

SmellySmelt wrote:
I thought I’d put this up. I was looking for a pair of shimano ultegra 5500 for my pair of Xcalibre rods. Nowhere in the island of Ireland had these reels, north or south. So I was looking up what taxes I’d have to pay for them to get from UK. As it’s over €150 it would cost me up on €150 just for taxes, basically them price of a reel!! So I did a bit of a search and found a shop in France that had them in stock and would post for €3.90. It looks like I’ll have them around 20/01/21. Looking at the reviews their delivery times seem very accurate. Anyways for any of ye Irish boys looking for something that you can’t get over here, have a look at their website.
https://www.pecheur.com/en/ie/?gclid=Cj ... lsrc=aw.ds
I’ve used pecheur a few times and there service is good in my experience :thumbs:

SmellySmelt
Roach
Roach

Post by SmellySmelt » Wed Jan 13 2021 19:31

Cheers lads, I was hoping for that response. The new taxes from uk are crazy now. I won’t be buying anything from there in a hurry. It’s tax free if under €22 or from the north, it’s a shame really.

Pikerd74
Roach
Roach

Post by Pikerd74 » Wed Jan 13 2021 19:34

SmellySmelt wrote:
Cheers lads, I was hoping for that response. The new taxes from uk are crazy now. I won’t be buying anything from there in a hurry. It’s tax free if under €22 or from the north, it’s a shame really.
It’s crazy, it will be interesting to see the impact brexit has on the uk!

SmellySmelt
Roach
Roach

Post by SmellySmelt » Wed Jan 13 2021 19:37

Pikerd74 wrote:
SmellySmelt wrote:
It’s crazy, it will be interesting to see the impact brexit has on the uk!
I know. I’m only 45mins from Enniskillen, I emailed them to see if they could get the reels for me, the next order from shimano is 21 weeks from now.

Pikerd74
Roach
Roach

Post by Pikerd74 » Wed Jan 13 2021 19:40

Will the tax changes effect item you by on eBay too?

SmellySmelt
Roach
Roach

Post by SmellySmelt » Wed Jan 13 2021 19:42

Yeah anything from mainland uk, no matter where.

Slug
Chub
Chub

Post by Slug » Wed Jan 13 2021 19:49

Be careful:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.pecheur.com

They’re ok until something goes wrong. Very rude, they lie and costumer service is very poor. They do respond but it’s such a slow labour intensive process.

Pikerd74
Roach
Roach

Post by Pikerd74 » Wed Jan 13 2021 19:57

Slug wrote:
Be careful:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.pecheur.com

They’re ok until something goes wrong. Very rude, they lie and costumer service is very poor. They do respond but it’s such a slow labour intensive process.
That’s surprising, however most companies are good when everything is straight forward, you only find out when there is a problem! I’ve had a 3 month battle with one of the biggest BMW dealers in the uk, shocking service got there in the end but would never buy another car from them!

Danoutdoors
Perch
Perch

Post by Danoutdoors » Wed Jan 13 2021 19:59

I’ve used them a few times, got a bow mount from pechur and it had a problem with the handset, got in touch with them and they sent me out a new handset, no bother, stuff takes a little longer to arrive than some places but also they have stuff that other places don’t, also keep a eye out for their discount codes 👍

BillCollins
Zander
Zander

Post by BillCollins » Wed Jan 13 2021 20:03

I've bought several times from Pecheur over the last few years, never a problem. Tackle and Bait in Eniskillen are good too, in fact I just received a small package from them today. The trouble with Brexit of course is that the prices in Irish shops are heading for a hefty increase sooner or later as stuff from UK companies starts filtering through. I've already compiled a little list of German shops that have very competitive prices such as m+rtackle.de , chronocarp, fishingmart.eu , etc..
Sadly, it looks like I'll just have to close my accounts with AD, The Tackle Box, etc...

Pikerd74
Roach
Roach

Post by Pikerd74 » Wed Jan 13 2021 20:03

Danoutdoors wrote:
I’ve used them a few times, got a bow mount from pechur and it had a problem with the handset, got in touch with them and they sent me out a new handset, no bother, stuff takes a little longer to arrive than some places but also they have stuff that other places don’t, also keep a eye out for their discount codes 👍
They sent me a discount code email today

Slug
Chub
Chub

Post by Slug » Wed Jan 13 2021 20:19

I used them for a couple years no problem until I received a faulty item. It was painful to deal with them took months to get my refund (few hundred).
Obviously I didn’t look them up on trust pilot until something went wrong.

Paddy_R
Chub
Chub

Post by Paddy_R » Wed Jan 13 2021 20:39

Use PayPal whenever you can. You can open a PayPal dispute and let them sort it out.

Also make sure to activate PayPal's refunded returns, especially if buying from Europe. If you have an issue with a product you can return it and PayPal will refund the postage costs, up to €30. I've used it a few times, most recently for €30 (of a €32 postal fee) to return an item to Germany. The item itself was only worth €35!

The bigger retailers like AnglingDirect might eventually end up registering with Irish Revenue and charging us Irish VAT instead of UK VAT, which they are entitled to do.

SmellySmelt
Roach
Roach

Post by SmellySmelt » Wed Jan 13 2021 21:18

I won’t buy off AD anymore. Bought a shelter and never got the poles. Only for saber contacted AD for me I’d still be waiting. 5 months I was waiting. So you don’t need to go to France for shocking service. I phoned them today wondering what the delivery times was like to Ireland. I’m not joking the guy that answered sounded like he was in bed. Didn’t really want to talk to me. Lucky I checked the tax rates before giving them my money.(only shop in uk with ultegras 5500 that I could see).

BillCollins
Zander
Zander

Post by BillCollins » Wed Jan 13 2021 21:38

SmellySmelt wrote:
I won’t buy off AD anymore. Bought a shelter and never got the poles. Only for saber contacted AD for me I’d still be waiting. 5 months I was waiting. So you don’t need to go to France for shocking service. I phoned them today wondering what the delivery times was like to Ireland. I’m not joking the guy that answered sounded like he was in bed. Didn’t really want to talk to me. Lucky I checked the tax rates before giving them my money.(only shop in uk with ultegras 5500 that I could see).
I bought some stuff from The Tackle Box before Xmas, it still has'nt arrived. To be fair, it's not their fault, it was dispatched weeks ago but is held up in transit with all this Brexit bollox. At least the tracking number shows that it's on the move now so should'nt be too much longer. The payment was just over €160 and it seems will cost me about another €80 to clear so that's the final order they'll be getting from me.

SmellySmelt
Roach
Roach

Post by SmellySmelt » Wed Jan 13 2021 21:55

BillCollins wrote:
SmellySmelt wrote:
I bought some stuff from The Tackle Box before Xmas, it still has'nt arrived. To be fair, it's not their fault, it was dispatched weeks ago but is held up in transit with all this Brexit bollox. At least the tracking number shows that it's on the move now so should'nt be too much longer. The payment was just over €160 and it seems will cost me about another €80 to clear so that's the final order they'll be getting from me.
It’s a shame, apart from maggots, worms etc....I’d say I bought nearly everything else from UK. Obviously the price is so much lower but there is no selection over here.

BillCollins
Zander
Zander

Post by BillCollins » Wed Jan 13 2021 22:08

SmellySmelt wrote:
BillCollins wrote:
SmellySmelt wrote:
It’s a shame, apart from maggots, worms etc....I’d say I bought nearly everything else from UK. Obviously the price is so much lower but there is no selection over here.
Big changes. Buying tackle from the UK will be a thing of the past. Especially as the same brands can be bought cheaper anyway from Dutch and German shops and of course, no duty.

SmellySmelt
Roach
Roach

Post by SmellySmelt » Wed Jan 13 2021 22:08

BillCollins wrote:
SmellySmelt wrote:
Yeah Terry is sound to deal with but doesn’t have a lot of what I want. Plenty of pike and coarse stuff. Do you reckon stuff will go up in Ireland? Due to taxes from uk ?

BillCollins
Zander
Zander

Post by BillCollins » Wed Jan 13 2021 22:14

It has to ? No retailer can absorb that kind of hit ?

SmellySmelt
Roach
Roach

Post by SmellySmelt » Wed Jan 13 2021 22:23

BillCollins wrote:
It has to ? No retailer can absorb that kind of hit ?
Bill are you in the tenchfishers?

BillCollins
Zander
Zander

Post by BillCollins » Wed Jan 13 2021 22:24

Another thing is the carraige costs. Parcel Motel have scrapped their service, DPD have scrapped their version of the same service. An Post have added €10 to their AddressPal service, so the minimum carraige costs with them from UK now is €16.50 for even the smallest item. I just bought a new baitboat from a shop in Holland, it was a few € cheaper than the UK distributor and €16 postage.
Not in the Tenchfishers, no..... at least not that I know of anyway... :lol: :lol:

SmellySmelt
Roach
Roach

Post by SmellySmelt » Wed Jan 13 2021 22:28

BillCollins wrote:
Another thing is the carraige costs. Parcel Motel have scrapped their service, DPD have scrapped their version of the same service. An Post have added €10 to their AddressPal service, so the minimum carraige costs with them from UK now is €16.50 for even the smallest item. I just bought a new baitboat from a shop in Holland, it was a few € cheaper than the UK distributor and €16 postage.
Not in the Tenchfishers, no..... at least not that I know of anyway... :lol: :lol:
What about Carrick tenchfishers :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

BillCollins
Zander
Zander

Post by BillCollins » Wed Jan 13 2021 22:30

No thanks.!!. :pale: ... :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

SmellySmelt
Roach
Roach

Post by SmellySmelt » Wed Jan 13 2021 22:33

BillCollins wrote:
No thanks.!!. :pale: ... :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:
Good man :laughs:

Fastliner
Perch
Perch

Post by Fastliner » Wed Jan 13 2021 22:50

I think DPD had announced before christmas that they were not delivery from the UK to Northern Ireland cause of brexit

Maybe that has changed since, Halfords will not deliver online to Northern Ireland either

and Amazon have said that some deliveries would not be delivered to northern Ireland probably bulky items

I noticed on ebay uk that some companies are refusing to deliver to Northern Ireland already

It seems it will probably get worse before it gets better.

Barndog
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Barndog » Wed Jan 13 2021 22:52

My own experience with Pecheur. Ordered a Deeper on black Friday two years ago as it was £50 off. Never showed up. Contacted Pecheur and they said it was with the courier. Contacted the courier and they said that they never received it. After a load of e-mails Pecheur told me it has gotten 'lost'. They did send me a replacement which I received quickly enough and they honoured the original price. Not a great experience, but got there eventually.
Also used Fishdeal a couple of months ago for a reel. Arrived quickly with no issues.

bencarvosso
Chub
Chub

Post by bencarvosso » Wed Jan 13 2021 23:43

I got some reels from pecheur a few years ago in one of their sales vinnie came fairly quickly
Another decent company to deal with is waveinn
Think they're based in Spain.
I got some reels off them last year much cheaper than the UK.
Angel domaine in Germany are decent too.
Still plenty of options if things can't be got in Ireland.
It is a ballache all the same. Especially with places like eBay.
Running Ledger Fishing Blog
http://www.bencarvosso.wordpress.com

BillCollins
Zander
Zander

Post by BillCollins » Wed Jan 13 2021 23:56

bencarvosso wrote:
I got some reels from pecheur a few years ago in one of their sales vinnie came fairly quickly
Another decent company to deal with is waveinn
Think they're based in Spain.
I got some reels off them last year much cheaper than the UK.
Angel domaine in Germany are decent too.
Still plenty of options if things can't be got in Ireland.
It is a ballache all the same. Especially with places like eBay.
I bought something from Amazon Germany. The translate option is fairly good, not complete but enough to get the job done. Then the email invoice arrives, I opened it and its in German, I just thought "Yeah, whatever...."... :laughs: :laughs: