Fox Warrior Or Diawa Black Widow?

Need a recommendation or advice on fishing tackle? Ask in here
Ratty46
Chub
Chub

Fox Warrior Or Diawa Black Widow?

Post by Ratty46 » Mon Feb 22 2021 20:24

im need a set of rods to replace my ol fox piker deadbait rods, i am a bit clumsy with my bait fishign gear, it gets bashed about so i dont spend alot!

two rods have caught my eye for pirce and they look good, and shoudl suit, does any one own either??
i mainly fish smaller venues and dont often fish at range, so i was looking at the 11' 2.75tc or maybe the 12' 3lbTC extr length can be handy for clear bankside reedss or vegataiton.

the fox rods prb go 12' 2.75tc, i have read a little bit that some say they are very stiff blank?

bencarvosso
Chub
Chub

Re: Fox Warrior Or Diawa Black Widow?

Post by bencarvosso » Mon Feb 22 2021 23:34

I've had a set of the fox predator since 2013ish
Habent found them overly stiff and defo not as stuff as the piker deadbait
They're still going strong for a cheaper rod and they've had a fair amount of abuse
Running Ledger Fishing Blog
http://www.bencarvosso.wordpress.com

BillCollins
Zander
Zander

Post by BillCollins » Mon Feb 22 2021 23:46

I'm no fan of Fox, but the Warriors are all nice progressive rods. On the other hand, I had a waggle with the black widows in my local shop a few months back and they're like broom handles, the complete opposite to the type of rod action that I prefer.

mattiethomp
Roach
Roach

Post by mattiethomp » Tue Feb 23 2021 11:21

Theres a pair of fox piker deadbait rods on ebay at mo, there local pick up only from darwen nr blackburn, dunno your location there ar 35quid at cud grab a bargin bud :boing:

Jason Skilton
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Jason Skilton » Tue Feb 23 2021 12:06

Ratty46 wrote:
im need a set of rods to replace my ol fox piker deadbait rods, i am a bit clumsy with my bait fishign gear, it gets bashed about so i dont spend alot!

two rods have caught my eye for pirce and they look good, and shoudl suit, does any one own either??
i mainly fish smaller venues and dont often fish at range, so i was looking at the 11' 2.75tc or maybe the 12' 3lbTC extr length can be handy for clear bankside reedss or vegataiton.

the fox rods prb go 12' 2.75tc, i have read a little bit that some say they are very stiff blank?

P1 ones :boing:
If you enjoy the forum and would like to contribute towards the running costs please click here to send a donation via PayPal or here to buy some Pit merchandise - thank you

Ratty46
Chub
Chub

Post by Ratty46 » Tue Feb 23 2021 12:44

mattiethomp wrote:
Theres a pair of fox piker deadbait rods on ebay at mo, there local pick up only from darwen nr blackburn, dunno your location there ar 35quid at cud grab a bargin bud :boing:
ive spoken to him, he cant post mate other wise id snap that up and use it to repair my other set.

Ratty46
Chub
Chub

Post by Ratty46 » Tue Feb 23 2021 12:47

BillCollins wrote:
I'm no fan of Fox, but the Warriors are all nice progressive rods. On the other hand, I had a waggle with the black widows in my local shop a few months back and they're like broom handles, the complete opposite to the type of rod action that I prefer.
to be fair, my piker deadbaits have lasted me, and handled everything ive thrown at them!
yeh i dont liek too stiff a blank, thats why wa asking if anyone has the either, good to knwo the Diawas are bit stiff.

trouble is cant go anywheere to have a look at some at the moment.

keeponchucking
Roach
Roach

Post by keeponchucking » Tue Feb 23 2021 14:01

I had an older set of the warrior rods. Never found them too stiff. I only got rid of them when I moved to Australia. A silly move in hindsight having to replace alot of tackle.

fossil-fish
Roach
Roach

Post by fossil-fish » Tue Feb 23 2021 15:11

I have a pair of the Black Widows 12ft 3lbtc. Find them to be a rather pleasant progressive action rod. Definitely not what I would consider pokers. Nice to play fish on as well.

alfredpike123
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by alfredpike123 » Tue Feb 23 2021 15:14

I have a couple 2.75 warriors that i use now and then on for livies,not too stiff at all,decent rods actually.

Andytheammer
Chub
Chub

Post by Andytheammer » Tue Feb 23 2021 15:38

Ratty46 wrote:
mattiethomp wrote:
ive spoken to him, he cant post mate other wise id snap that up and use it to repair my other set.
Hi Mate If you put a post up you might find someone on here close by who’d be willing to pick up & post.
The Spirit of the Pit & all that :thumbs:

mattiethomp
Roach
Roach

Post by mattiethomp » Yesterday 14:05

The 2 fox piker db rods on ebay went for 51 quid hope you grabbed a bargain :yahoo: