coolbag / bait bag

Need a recommendation or advice on fishing tackle? Ask in here
Kevin O'Keeffe
Charity Fundraiser
Charity Fundraiser

coolbag / bait bag

Post by Kevin O'Keeffe » Tue Apr 06 2021 14:25

After two and a bit winters of abuse my power pro wrap style bag is starting to fall apart inside. Love the adjustable concept of it but the inner liner has come apart from the exterior bag now so all that adjustment has proven too much for it. At 25 notes I am not sure that's great vfm for 2 winters although I did a lot this last season tbf. Tempted to make do with an additional liner cobbled together out of an Aldi cool carrier bag in proper tight a**e piker fashion!

Looked online for a replacement but you cant tell much about the bags with only the fox one seeming to offer any adjustment and most of my experiences with fox stuff haven't been good!!

Want one to fit long baits like Blueys in. Most wont handle them.

Anything anyone would recommend??
Love the hit!

Jason Skilton
Bailiff
Bailiff

Re: coolbag / bait bag

Post by Jason Skilton » Tue Apr 06 2021 14:43

I use the NGT brew bag.....cheap as chips, but used mine for 4 seasons ans only now starting to come appart in the inside.
If you enjoy the forum and would like to contribute towards the running costs please click here to send a donation via PayPal or here to buy some Pit merchandise - thank you

MarkBerrisford
Chub
Chub

Post by MarkBerrisford » Tue Apr 06 2021 17:13

Jason Skilton wrote:
I use the NGT brew bag.....cheap as chips, but used mine for 4 seasons ans only now starting to come appart in the inside.
They’re ok apart from the fact they have no insulation properties as far as I can see
Search MB Custom Lures on Facebook

Taylorgilder
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Taylorgilder » Tue Apr 06 2021 17:34

Yep 👍 for the NGT brew bag it is foil lined but you could put a layer of poly insulation inside if necessary ? I’ve not found the need it keeps my baits frozen for a winter pike day session.

grimreeper
Roach
Roach

Post by grimreeper » Tue Apr 06 2021 17:52

Taylorgilder wrote:
Yep 👍 for the NGT brew bag it is foil lined but you could put a layer of poly insulation inside if necessary ? I’ve not found the need it keeps my baits frozen for a winter pike day session.
+1 on the NGT brew bag good long size too for long baits

Graham Osbourne
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by Graham Osbourne » Tue Apr 06 2021 18:27

+1 more for the NGT brew kit bag, will hold big Blueys and will keep your baits frozen all day.

Mattjb
Chub
Chub

Post by Mattjb » Tue Apr 06 2021 20:22

I use one of ngt ones the same as ET used to sell but I have an old fox one with a busted zip that I use inside it for extra insulation.Has done the job for a couple of seasons so far

Jason Skilton
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Jason Skilton » Wed Apr 07 2021 07:00

MarkBerrisford wrote:
Jason Skilton wrote:
They’re ok apart from the fact they have no insulation properties as far as I can see
It does have a foil liner Mark :-)
If you enjoy the forum and would like to contribute towards the running costs please click here to send a donation via PayPal or here to buy some Pit merchandise - thank you

Mike J
Zander
Zander

Post by Mike J » Wed Apr 07 2021 09:00

Kevin O'Keeffe wrote:
After two and a bit winters of abuse my power pro wrap style bag is starting to fall apart inside. Love the adjustable concept of it but the inner liner has come apart from the exterior bag now so all that adjustment has proven too much for it. At 25 notes I am not sure that's great vfm for 2 winters although I did a lot this last season tbf. Tempted to make do with an additional liner cobbled together out of an Aldi cool carrier bag in proper tight a**e piker fashion!

Looked online for a replacement but you cant tell much about the bags with only the fox one seeming to offer any adjustment and most of my experiences with fox stuff haven't been good!!

Want one to fit long baits like Blueys in. Most wont handle them.

Anything anyone would recommend??

I use wine bottle carriers, the type used by yuppies to carry a chilled bottle on a picnic.
They are not as mickey mouse as they look, are lightweight, crushable and come with a sling, hold 6-8 medium baits, remain frozen for +5hours in winter, are the right length and as cheap as chips so you can throw it away and not feel it eg; £3 apx.

:thumbs:

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus

MarkBerrisford
Chub
Chub

Post by MarkBerrisford » Wed Apr 07 2021 10:33

Jason Skilton wrote:
MarkBerrisford wrote:
Jason Skilton wrote:
It does have a foil liner Mark :-)
I’ve got one Jason, even with ice packs in the baits are defrosted by the afternoon unless the ambient temperature is low I find
Search MB Custom Lures on Facebook

Kevin O'Keeffe
Charity Fundraiser
Charity Fundraiser

Post by Kevin O'Keeffe » Wed Apr 07 2021 21:53

I may as well add a liner to the one I have if I have to add one to the Brew Bag tbh. The Pike Pro one is a great idea, just worse for wear
Love the hit!

Richard.
Roach
Roach

Post by Richard. » Wed Apr 07 2021 23:26

Korum transition cool pouch for me. Not the cheapest but extremely good. Holds a good load of baits over a foot long. Clips on your bag too so you don’t have to transport your baits inside your rucksack where it’s probably warmer.
I can keep frozen baits in plus temperatures frozen for 12 hours in it easy.
B142215B-CCFB-470F-BD29-F65B353DA254.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Slug
Chub
Chub

Post by Slug » Thu Apr 08 2021 09:10

All they ever are is some foam underlay sandwiched between outer fabric and foil inner.
I think when I next need one I’m just going to make a liner with multi layer insulation and aluminium tape. Should perform a lot better than the ones available.

Richard.
Roach
Roach

Post by Richard. » Thu Apr 08 2021 14:03

The problem is you can’t stop convection in a zip up bag. There is little point trying to improve the wall construction of a zip up thermal lined bag if you don’t achieve an air tight seal when it’s closed.
You’ll make no difference to the performance at all.
In an ideal world our baits would be transported in an air tight box with 2 skins housing a vacuum between them (ie a thermos flask)

Kevin O'Keeffe
Charity Fundraiser
Charity Fundraiser

Post by Kevin O'Keeffe » Thu Apr 08 2021 15:22

That's why I like the pike pro one Richard. You can fill it, zip it and then roll it up removing the air gap in the bag too. It works well as a concept but the flexibility has seen the liner come away from the stitching internally. Its not airtight but it works.

It may need a "get it through another winter" bodge lol
Love the hit!

TeranceT
Roach
Roach

Post by TeranceT » Thu Apr 08 2021 22:27

https://www.davpack.co.uk/protective-pa ... e=AAAAAA==

I use polystyrene boxes. Cover it with packing tape and slit three side's. If you don't kick them about they last a long time.
Bait's individually bagged and a small plastic bottle of frozen water. Big elastic band hold's it all together.

The link above isn't what I've got but they're very similar