Fox Deadbait Pencil , Large , Cocking Weight ?

Need a recommendation or advice on fishing tackle? Ask in here
Post Reply
Taffypiker
Jack Pike
Jack Pike
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue May 25 2021 21:50

Fox Deadbait Pencil , Large , Cocking Weight ?

Post by Taffypiker » Fri Jun 18 2021 18:37

nothing on packet sleeve

Googled it , nowt

Would it be ok to assume its 10g ? Bought a couple when I recently returned to the sport , settling on drennan pike bob for using small baits but I have these as back ups ......just need to know the weight !

Cheers guys

User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 31379
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: Fox Deadbait Pencil , Large , Cocking Weight ?

Post by davelumb » Fri Jun 18 2021 18:43

If it's a bottom end float like this (https://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/fox-rag ... ait-pencil) it doesn't matter what weight so long as you can tighten the line to it - which is how the float is cocked with the bait on the bottom.

Taffypiker
Jack Pike
Jack Pike
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue May 25 2021 21:50

Re: Fox Deadbait Pencil , Large , Cocking Weight ?

Post by Taffypiker » Fri Jun 18 2021 20:06

davelumb wrote:
If it's a bottom end float like this (https://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/fox-rag ... ait-pencil) it doesn't matter what weight so long as you can tighten the line to it - which is how the float is cocked with the bait on the bottom.
Oops

Looks like my tackle shop eyes tricked me , I thought it was fished waggler style with the bait mid to close to bottom !

Ah well if anyone wants them I will post them on !

User avatar
Andrew Croft
Bailiff
Bailiff
Posts: 13902
Joined: Wed Nov 02 2011 05:00
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: Fox Deadbait Pencil , Large , Cocking Weight ?

Post by Andrew Croft » Fri Jun 18 2021 20:44

Why not use them. It's a really good method :shrug:
If you enjoy the forum and would like to contribute towards the running costs please click here to send a donation via PayPal or here to buy some Pit merchandise - thank you

User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 31379
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: Fox Deadbait Pencil , Large , Cocking Weight ?

Post by davelumb » Sat Jun 19 2021 08:19

Taffypiker wrote:
davelumb wrote:
If it's a bottom end float like this (https://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/fox-rag ... ait-pencil) it doesn't matter what weight so long as you can tighten the line to it - which is how the float is cocked with the bait on the bottom.
Oops

Looks like my tackle shop eyes tricked me , I thought it was fished waggler style with the bait mid to close to bottom !

Ah well if anyone wants them I will post them on !
Bottom end pencil floats are fished slightly overdepth cocked against the weight of the deadbait/lead so that as soon as the bait is moved they rise up and fall flat giving and unmissable indication. It's a great method at close to medium range.

Taffypiker
Jack Pike
Jack Pike
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue May 25 2021 21:50

Re: Fox Deadbait Pencil , Large , Cocking Weight ?

Post by Taffypiker » Sat Jun 19 2021 08:29

Andrew Croft wrote:
Why not use them. It's a really good method :shrug:
I like the drennan esox pike bob with a small deadbait fished close to but not on the bottom so it can move about

Taffypiker
Jack Pike
Jack Pike
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue May 25 2021 21:50

Re: Fox Deadbait Pencil , Large , Cocking Weight ?

Post by Taffypiker » Sat Jun 19 2021 08:30

davelumb wrote:
Taffypiker wrote:
davelumb wrote:
If it's a bottom end float like this (https://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/fox-rag ... ait-pencil) it doesn't matter what weight so long as you can tighten the line to it - which is how the float is cocked with the bait on the bottom.
Oops

Looks like my tackle shop eyes tricked me , I thought it was fished waggler style with the bait mid to close to bottom !

Ah well if anyone wants them I will post them on !
Bottom end pencil floats are fished slightly overdepth cocked against the weight of the deadbait/lead so that as soon as the bait is moved they rise up and fall flat giving and unmissable indication. It's a great method at close to medium range.
see above

User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 31379
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: Fox Deadbait Pencil , Large , Cocking Weight ?

Post by davelumb » Sat Jun 19 2021 08:33

Taffypiker wrote:
davelumb wrote:
Taffypiker wrote:
davelumb wrote:
If it's a bottom end float like this (https://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/fox-rag ... ait-pencil) it doesn't matter what weight so long as you can tighten the line to it - which is how the float is cocked with the bait on the bottom.
Oops

Looks like my tackle shop eyes tricked me , I thought it was fished waggler style with the bait mid to close to bottom !

Ah well if anyone wants them I will post them on !
Bottom end pencil floats are fished slightly overdepth cocked against the weight of the deadbait/lead so that as soon as the bait is moved they rise up and fall flat giving and unmissable indication. It's a great method at close to medium range.
see above
So what?

Give it a try static on the bottom some time. Maybe when you're having a drink or a p**s.

horseshoe3
Jack Pike
Jack Pike
Posts: 443
Joined: Sat Apr 13 2019 18:20

Re: Fox Deadbait Pencil , Large , Cocking Weight ?

Post by horseshoe3 » Sat Jun 19 2021 11:49

davelumb wrote:
Taffypiker wrote:
davelumb wrote:
Taffypiker wrote:
davelumb wrote:
If it's a bottom end float like this (https://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/fox-rag ... ait-pencil) it doesn't matter what weight so long as you can tighten the line to it - which is how the float is cocked with the bait on the bottom.
Oops

Looks like my tackle shop eyes tricked me , I thought it was fished waggler style with the bait mid to close to bottom !

Ah well if anyone wants them I will post them on !
Bottom end pencil floats are fished slightly overdepth cocked against the weight of the deadbait/lead so that as soon as the bait is moved they rise up and fall flat giving and unmissable indication. It's a great method at close to medium range.
see above
So what?

Give it a try static on the bottom some time. Maybe when you're having a drink or a p**s.
:laughs: :laughs: u need atleast 1 oz with those floats, for float ledgering

Richard.
Jack Pike
Jack Pike
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon Dec 14 2020 18:03

Re: Fox Deadbait Pencil , Large , Cocking Weight ?

Post by Richard. » Sun Jun 20 2021 20:27

No finer way to watch a pick up than watching a pencil stand up straight. Should definitely Keep them and use them.

Post Reply