Need a recommendation or advice on fishing tackle? Ask in here
Kev Berry
Pike
Pike

Re: The carpworld just got madder!

Post by Kev Berry » Sun Feb 07 2021 12:35

Alex Fox wrote:
Kev Berry wrote:
Theres an old haberdashery near me..run by some lovely old dears. I might call in and see what they have lurking in their cupboards :wink:

There is one near me too ... bet the old bags know exactly what its worth :laughs: :laughs:
they certainly sharp :laughs:
I pop in there to get some elasticated cotton every now and then
its one of those proper shops where they have everything and it dont come in blister packs ----its up for sale 85k

Chris Hammond
Chub
Chub

Post by Chris Hammond » Sun Feb 07 2021 17:35

Alex Fox wrote:
Chris Hammond wrote:
I turned this up while sorting through some stuff. Anyone know if those crazy coot carp boys would be interested?

Looking at the prices of some of this stuff Chris ... i would be chucking that on ebay now :eek:

List it as highly sought after rare vintage Rod Hutchinson secret carp baits must have book for real carp anglers ... and wait for a nice new year bonus :grin:
I dont know if it is any kind of indicator Alex but I cant find it for sale anywhere. I cant recall where I got it but I suspect it was from Rod himself at a Q&A's with him and Chris back in the late eighties.

I simply have to get rid of some old gear to make room for my current stuff. I could do with some extra folding stuff to fund a few projects. I'm hoping things like these might fetch a bit of cash from these obsessive carp boys. :shrug:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Graham Benyon
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Graham Benyon » Sun Feb 07 2021 18:17

Put them on old skool toys trading post on facebook with your story :wink: :thumbs:

Mark Phillips
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark Phillips » Sun Feb 07 2021 18:26

Creek Chub wrote:
Mark Phillips wrote:
Monts wrote:
Mark Phillips wrote:
Lee7499 wrote:
It seems a lot to do with old skool kudos so other Carp anglers think you have been carping for years. The normal facebook 6 months all the gear no idea instant carper will pay big money for this stuff .
You only have to meet me to know I've been carp fishing for years :madmick: :laughs:

I was out last season for a day on a runs water near Chelmsford - I was using my old KM5's and Cardinal 55's - now and again I just like to give them some air. Some hooded swamp creature asked if he could take some pictures of my set-up... so what the hell, I let him. Thanks Geez and off he trotted... a few hours later Dad arrives and was offering me £500 cash for my rods and reels. I kid you not, that happened and needless to say, he was told they're not for sale. Cheeky b*****d. That's what they're like though.

The other thing they go nuts for are old flavours, especially original Hutchy flavours like chocolate malt and scopex. God knows why they want it, as they do have a shelf life, but hey - if someone is willing to pay £50 for a 30 year old bottle of useless liquid... I have bottles of Geoff Kemp Mown Grass and Red Zing flavours I am about to release onto eBay - should be interesting to see what people will pay. LOL.
Geoff Kemp Mown Grass. Do you remember Mark or anyone else a programme shown on what was then LWT on a Friday night about Carp fishing around 85/86 I think. It featured anglers on the North and South Weald. Anyway Geoff was on the programme being interviewed and he said ' Carp anglers are not buying Mown Grass flavour, but a stack of 20lb Carp on the bank'. I'd be interested to see what a bottle of that goes for.
If that's the one where they also interviewed Lee Jackson, I was actually fishing a few swims down from him on that day. Didn't make it into shot though. LOL.
I think the old carp film where they interviewed Lee was filmed on the Lockward Reservoir at Walthamstow, Mark
Yes, of course it was on Walthamstow, as I said, I was down there that day (with my Dad). We had no idea that a TV crew was going to turn up!
Piking Plonker

Alex Fox
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Alex Fox » Sun Feb 07 2021 21:56

Mark Phillips wrote:
Lee7499 wrote:
It seems a lot to do with old skool kudos so other Carp anglers think you have been carping for years. The normal facebook 6 months all the gear no idea instant carper will pay big money for this stuff .
You only have to meet me to know I've been carp fishing for years :madmick: :laughs:

I was out last season for a day on a runs water near Chelmsford - I was using my old KM5's and Cardinal 55's - now and again I just like to give them some air. Some hooded swamp creature asked if he could take some pictures of my set-up... so what the hell, I let him. Thanks Geez and off he trotted... a few hours later Dad arrives and was offering me £500 cash for my rods and reels. I kid you not, that happened and needless to say, he was told they're not for sale. Cheeky b*****d. That's what they're like though.

The other thing they go nuts for are old flavours, especially original Hutchy flavours like chocolate malt and scopex. God knows why they want it, as they do have a shelf life, but hey - if someone is willing to pay £50 for a 30 year old bottle of useless liquid... I have bottles of Geoff Kemp Mown Grass and Red Zing flavours I am about to release onto eBay - should be interesting to see what people will pay. LOL.

Mark, you should have told him to come back with a grand and he could have them ... lets be honest those Cardinal 55's are a heap of s**t compared to reels now :laughs:

Alex Fox
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Alex Fox » Sun Feb 07 2021 21:59

Chris Hammond wrote:
Alex Fox wrote:
Chris Hammond wrote:
I turned this up while sorting through some stuff. Anyone know if those crazy coot carp boys would be interested?

Looking at the prices of some of this stuff Chris ... i would be chucking that on ebay now :eek:

List it as highly sought after rare vintage Rod Hutchinson secret carp baits must have book for real carp anglers ... and wait for a nice new year bonus :grin:
I dont know if it is any kind of indicator Alex but I cant find it for sale anywhere. I cant recall where I got it but I suspect it was from Rod himself at a Q&A's with him and Chris back in the late eighties.

I simply have to get rid of some old gear to make room for my current stuff. I could do with some extra folding stuff to fund a few projects. I'm hoping things like these might fetch a bit of cash from these obsessive carp boys. :shrug:

Get it on Ebay Chris while the market is hot for this 'older' carp stuff ... and put the link on here for our entertainment please :smile:

I know exactly what you are saying regarding tackle piled up at home, stuff that is unlikely to be used again ... but i just can't be arsed with packing it and taking it to the post office !

John Milford
Zander
Zander

Post by John Milford » Wed Feb 10 2021 02:21

There's an old Fox Micron Mini up for £50 on fleabay presently.

Plus another crazy Hutchy bottle! :eek:

Screenshot_20210210-010517~2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "

Chris Hammond
Chub
Chub

Post by Chris Hammond » Thu Feb 11 2021 20:15

Alex Fox wrote:
Chris Hammond wrote:
Alex Fox wrote:
Chris Hammond wrote:

Get it on Ebay Chris while the market is hot for this 'older' carp stuff ... and put the link on here for our entertainment please :smile:

I know exactly what you are saying regarding tackle piled up at home, stuff that is unlikely to be used again ... but i just can't be arsed with packing it and taking it to the post office !
Sorry Alex I forgot about this thread. Yes I would do but wouldnt know how to make sure the relevant people see it tbh

Mark Phillips
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark Phillips » Thu Feb 11 2021 21:49

Alex Fox wrote:
Mark Phillips wrote:
Lee7499 wrote:

Mark, you should have told him to come back with a grand and he could have them ... lets be honest those Cardinal 55's are a heap of s**t compared to reels now :laughs:
If he'd offered me a grand, I would have taken it! It was the rods he was drooling over more than the 55's, but I wouldn't call them a heap of s**t though Alex and mine are very well looked after. They're not in the same league as modern reels though, agreed. The rods mind? My old KM's are still very decent considering they're nearly as old as me! I had a set of Jim Gibbinson Elipses as well. Sold them a number of years ago - then bumped into an old mate last year fishing - and he was using - my old rods! The person I sold them to, had then sold them to him. Again, getting on a bit now, but these rods have all stood the test of time and still look great. Speaks volumes for Jack Simpson and Roger Hurst, who built most of these rods.
Piking Plonker

Graham Benyon
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Graham Benyon » Thu Feb 11 2021 22:55

I have 7 x 3.25 Jim Gibbinson Eclipse and 6 x 2.75 Jim Gibbinson Eclipse rods. I had 10 but I just sold 3. Bought in 1991 they are still going strong. I believe they are Harrison blanks but I might be wrong. Old Skool stuff is very popular at the moment.

Luke
Chub
Chub

Post by Luke » Fri Feb 12 2021 09:59

Chris Hammond wrote:
Alex Fox wrote:
Chris Hammond wrote:

The booklet is worth around £20 - £30 depending on condition (the staples are liable to rust). Probably considerably more than that if signed.

Chris Hammond
Chub
Chub

Post by Chris Hammond » Fri Feb 12 2021 17:44

Luke wrote:
Chris Hammond wrote:
Alex Fox wrote:
Chris Hammond wrote:

The booklet is worth around £20 - £30 depending on condition (the staples are liable to rust). Probably considerably more than that if signed.
Thanks Luke. Is that this specific booklet or just booklets of that kind generally? I mean is it something you've come across before?

Luke
Chub
Chub

Post by Luke » Fri Feb 12 2021 18:00

Yes Chris, that specific one. I've sold dozens of them over the years.

Chris Hammond
Chub
Chub

Post by Chris Hammond » Fri Feb 12 2021 18:34

Luke wrote:
Yes Chris, that specific one. I've sold dozens of them over the years.
Cheers Luke. 👍

Graham Benyon
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Graham Benyon » Sat Feb 13 2021 18:14

£40 for a water carrier and it is still going :shrug:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carp-Fishing ... ondition=4

Alex Fox
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Alex Fox » Sat Feb 13 2021 19:40

Just looks like a second hand oil container ... and 24 bids so far :laughs:

colinb
Barbel
Barbel

Post by colinb » Mon Sep 13 2021 12:56

I wonder how much a set of 3 delkims would fetch??

Muskie
Perch
Perch

Post by Muskie » Mon Sep 13 2021 14:48

Yes, the Simpson's Jim Gibbinson Eclipses were manufactured by Harrison Rods but engineered to Simpson's design. I had 3 in 2.75lbs tc but they all eventually broke in the tip and the brown paint on the blank chipped badly too. They were a good rod for the time.

Sam
Roach
Roach

Post by Sam » Mon Sep 13 2021 15:27

colinb wrote:
Mk1 90's or Optonic Conversions? Asking for a friend...

colinb
Barbel
Barbel

Post by colinb » Mon Sep 13 2021 16:48

Sam wrote:
colinb wrote:
Mk1 90's or Optonic Conversions? Asking for a friend...
I don't know until Wednesday I'll let you know.

colinb
Barbel
Barbel

Post by colinb » Mon Sep 13 2021 17:12

How about this from Barrie's collection?

Probably worth thousands

Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes » Mon Sep 13 2021 18:08

colinb wrote:

Probably worth thousands
How much would you think Colin
Regards
Tom

colinb
Barbel
Barbel

Post by colinb » Mon Sep 13 2021 18:15

Happy Hayes wrote:
colinb wrote:

Probably worth thousands
How much would you think Colin
Regards
Tom
I have no idea I'm out of touch with all this carp s h i t e but these were probably for pike in the 1st instance?

Pikerd74
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Pikerd74 » Mon Sep 13 2021 19:41

colinb wrote:

Probably worth thousands
Are these possibly made by Chris Brown
https://www.cbproducts.co.uk/

Slug
Chub
Chub

Post by Slug » Mon Sep 13 2021 20:41

Sam
Roach
Roach

Post by Sam » Tue Sep 14 2021 12:26

colinb wrote:

Probably worth thousands
Worth asking on the Cult Buzzers FB group? Right bunch of trainspotters on there. LOL!

John Milford
Zander
Zander

Post by John Milford » Tue Sep 14 2021 12:49

Pikerd74 wrote:
colinb wrote:

Probably worth thousands
Are these possibly made by Chris Brown
https://www.cbproducts.co.uk/
It looks more like one of delboys . . . . . :clown:
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "