Final call for any pre-Christmas clothing requests, we’re placing our order with the supplier tomorrow at 9am

13 foot rod holdall

Need a recommendation or advice on fishing tackle? Ask in here
zodiac
Barbel
Barbel

13 foot rod holdall

Post by zodiac »

I'm on the hunt for a new hold all which fits 13 foot rods. There's not that many that meet my requirements but I've narrowed it down to a fox r series or a solar 'undercover' camouflage number. I'm assuming the fox is an updated version of the royale range, if so I know what to expect. I've never owned an item of solar tackle though, is it generally OK? Has anyone used their luggage? Or used either of these holdalls? I need it to carry 4 made up rods, if anyone has any other suggestions. Ta
'Politicians. Don't vote, it just encourages them. The desire to be a politician should bar you from life from ever being one' Billy Connoly
fossil-fish
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Re: 13 foot rod holdall

Post by fossil-fish »

Is a good quality quiver no use for your purpose. Rod length is then immaterial.
zodiac
Barbel
Barbel

Post by zodiac »

fossil-fish wrote: Thu Nov 25 2021 08:15 -
Is a good quality quiver no use for your purpose. Rod length is then immaterial.
I've used a quiver for years, as I can change the rods around to suit the venue/ species I'm targeting for the day. However I've more storage room now, and now have a separate hold-all for all the types of rods, so I want a dedicated heavy dead bait hold-all . I only have one 13 foot rod, so I suppose I could just use a 12 foot for my float/ drifter rod and that would give me much more options, but I like the old powermesh I've recently resurrected for the purpose.
'Politicians. Don't vote, it just encourages them. The desire to be a politician should bar you from life from ever being one' Billy Connoly
Mike J
Zander
Zander

Post by Mike J »

zodiac wrote: Wed Nov 24 2021 08:44 -
I'm on the hunt for a new hold all which fits 13 foot rods. There's not that many that meet my requirements but I've narrowed it down to a fox r series or a solar 'undercover' camouflage number. I'm assuming the fox is an updated version of the royale range, if so I know what to expect. I've never owned an item of solar tackle though, is it generally OK? Has anyone used their luggage? Or used either of these holdalls? I need it to carry 4 made up rods, if anyone has any other suggestions. Ta

For decades I used a homemade roll-up to carry everything, double as an unhooking mat and a rain cover.
If your interested in making something similar I can send you some pics?

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Slug
Chub
Chub

Post by Slug »

If you need to carry 4 made up maybe a 3 up two down might be better? I would imagine that solar 4 rod holdall is gunna be a beast if it’s wide enough for 4 reel pouches designed for big pits?
Slug
Chub
Chub

Post by Slug »

zodiac
Barbel
Barbel

Post by zodiac »

Slug wrote: Thu Nov 25 2021 13:05 -

Cheers, I hadn't really considered a 2 up 3 down arrangement.. I'll investigate that a bit
zodiac
Barbel
Barbel

Post by zodiac »

Mike J wrote: Thu Nov 25 2021 12:34 -
zodiac wrote: Wed Nov 24 2021 08:44 -

For decades I used a homemade roll-up to carry everything, double as an unhooking mat and a rain cover.
If your interested in making something similar I can send you some pics?

A nice thought Mike but I barely have time to make my dinner most days without trying things like that!