Quick release net adapter

Need a recommendation or advice on fishing tackle? Ask in here
Post Reply
martin(rockape)
Perch
Perch
Posts: 860
Joined: Fri Nov 14 2014 22:11
Location: Northamptonshire

Quick release net adapter

Post by martin(rockape) » Wed May 01 2019 23:28

Thought I'd share this with you guys.
I bought 3 of these yesterday one for myself and the other 2 for my brother in law and his brother.

Very handy for your landing net when moving from the bankside to where you might be unhooking or weighing your fish.

https://www.korum.co.uk/products/nets-a ... et-adaptor

I used it a couple of times today to weigh a Mirror Carp (8lbs) which I'd caught on my dads old Edgar Sealey float rod and his Mitchell 7250 RLA reel and after catching my personal best carp of 16lbs 15 Ounce Common. Flicking the cam lever over releases the net with ease.

Both occasions I was using 8lb bs mainline and an 8lb hooklength to a 14 hook. The quick release net adapter made maneuverability so so much better. Infact we all weighed fish in the nets once it was quickly released from the landing net handle a good buy at £5.99

Regards

Martin

BillCollins
Zander
Zander
Posts: 7228
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Just a long chuck from the Shannon...

Re: Quick release net adapter

Post by BillCollins » Thu May 02 2019 02:01

I have a couple of these Martin, quick and simple and quite strong too.

juttle
Jack Pike
Jack Pike
Posts: 299
Joined: Sun Feb 19 2012 06:00

Re: Quick release net adapter

Post by juttle » Thu May 02 2019 06:47

I’ve been using these for a while and not had a problem. Good strong bit of kit!
Bob

Nige Johns
Chub
Chub
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Jul 16 2015 21:20
Location: Bury

Re: Quick release net adapter

Post by Nige Johns » Thu May 02 2019 07:33

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead ... gLSTvD_BwE

On the same theme im using one of these for the same reason :thumbs:

User avatar
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout
Posts: 10958
Joined: Mon Aug 29 2011 05:00
Location: Waltham Abbey Essex

Re: Quick release net adapter

Post by Dave Horton » Thu May 02 2019 11:43

Hmmm.

(I'm gonna get one ta face)

Steve Stillwell
Roach
Roach
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Nov 07 2011 06:00
Location: Sawbridgeworth

Re: Quick release net adapter

Post by Steve Stillwell » Thu May 02 2019 13:18

Just bought a couple,thanks for the heads up. :thumbs:

martin(rockape)
Perch
Perch
Posts: 860
Joined: Fri Nov 14 2014 22:11
Location: Northamptonshire

Re: Quick release net adapter

Post by martin(rockape) » Thu May 02 2019 13:40

Nige Johns wrote:
https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead ... gLSTvD_BwE

On the same theme im using one of these for the same reason :thumbs:
It's a pity i didn't see these to do a comparison check. Quite happy with the korum version and so are my brother-in-law and his brother.

I suspect the korum version might be the better one due to the locking/unlocking lever being easy to get hold of as opposed to pulling back a collar....will look for one next time I'm in a tackle shop.

Regards

Martin

delboy
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 2749
Joined: Tue Jan 15 2013 06:00
Location: lea valley

Re: Quick release net adapter

Post by delboy » Thu May 02 2019 14:04

Almost as good as mine.....
DSCF2485.JPG
DSCF2486.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.

User avatar
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout
Posts: 10958
Joined: Mon Aug 29 2011 05:00
Location: Waltham Abbey Essex

Re: Quick release net adapter

Post by Dave Horton » Thu May 02 2019 14:44

Dave Horton wrote:
Hmmm.

The Pro Logic ones look more robust I think?

(I'm gonna get one ta face)

Nige Johns
Chub
Chub
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Jul 16 2015 21:20
Location: Bury

Re: Quick release net adapter

Post by Nige Johns » Thu May 02 2019 15:42

Dave Horton wrote:
Dave Horton wrote:
Hmmm.

The Pro Logic ones look more robust I think?

(I'm gonna get one ta face)
Dave they do come in different diameters,I got one that was the same as my net handle as it seemed stronger
5E324944-AACE-4B3D-9EAC-154789620457.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nige Johns
Chub
Chub
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Jul 16 2015 21:20
Location: Bury

Re: Quick release net adapter

Post by Nige Johns » Thu May 02 2019 15:45

Dave Horton wrote:
Dave Horton wrote:
Hmmm.

The Pro Logic ones look more robust I think?

(I'm gonna get one ta face)
F69D468D-D29E-4FE8-9178-972CB29DDE7E.jpeg
If you want the smaller diameter one in the pic let me know
(And you can have it with pleasure ) face
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nightman
Stickleback
Stickleback
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Oct 27 2018 18:07

Re: Quick release net adapter

Post by Nightman » Thu May 02 2019 16:06

Iv used the prologic for about 8 years now and its never failed. Machined alloy with a strong pull back collar. Would probably never happen but id worry about the korum getting flipped open in marginal weed debris in time.

User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 24007
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: Quick release net adapter

Post by davelumb » Thu May 02 2019 16:11

Nige Johns wrote:
Dave Horton wrote:
Dave Horton wrote:
Hmmm.

The Pro Logic ones look more robust I think?

(I'm gonna get one ta face)
Dave they do come in different diameters,I got one that was the same as my net handle as it seemed stronger
5E324944-AACE-4B3D-9EAC-154789620457.jpeg
The slim ones are wibbly-wobbly. I use them on storm poles where they are under compression and can't wibble-wobble, but on bite alarms they did.

User avatar
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout
Posts: 10958
Joined: Mon Aug 29 2011 05:00
Location: Waltham Abbey Essex

Re: Quick release net adapter

Post by Dave Horton » Thu May 02 2019 17:30

davelumb wrote:
Nige Johns wrote:
Dave Horton wrote:
Dave Horton wrote:
Hmmm.

The Pro Logic ones look more robust I think?

(I'm gonna get one ta face)
Dave they do come in different diameters,I got one that was the same as my net handle as it seemed stronger
5E324944-AACE-4B3D-9EAC-154789620457.jpeg
The slim ones are wibbly-wobbly. I use them on storm poles where they are under compression and can't wibble-wobble, but on bite alarms they did.
ah ofcourse, bite alarms.

(Good call face)

User avatar
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout
Posts: 10958
Joined: Mon Aug 29 2011 05:00
Location: Waltham Abbey Essex

Re: Quick release net adapter

Post by Dave Horton » Thu May 02 2019 17:31

Nige Johns wrote:
Dave Horton wrote:
Dave Horton wrote:
Hmmm.

The Pro Logic ones look more robust I think?

(I'm gonna get one ta face)
Dave they do come in different diameters,I got one that was the same as my net handle as it seemed stronger
5E324944-AACE-4B3D-9EAC-154789620457.jpeg
Seems logical, Nige.

No you keep the slim one.

(Send me the other face) :laughs:

BillCollins
Zander
Zander
Posts: 7228
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Just a long chuck from the Shannon...

Re: Quick release net adapter

Post by BillCollins » Thu May 02 2019 17:33

davelumb wrote:
Nige Johns wrote:
Dave Horton wrote:
Dave Horton wrote:
Hmmm.

The Pro Logic ones look more robust I think?

(I'm gonna get one ta face)
Dave they do come in different diameters,I got one that was the same as my net handle as it seemed stronger
5E324944-AACE-4B3D-9EAC-154789620457.jpeg
The slim ones are wibbly-wobbly. I use them on storm poles where they are under compression and can't wibble-wobble, but on bite alarms they did.
+1
I have quite a few of the standard size, as you say Dave they're OK for storm poles etc but they seem to wear a bit early on and become a bit too sloppy for alarms, nets etc.

Nige Johns
Chub
Chub
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Jul 16 2015 21:20
Location: Bury

Re: Quick release net adapter

Post by Nige Johns » Thu May 02 2019 18:05

Dave Horton wrote:
Nige Johns wrote:
Dave Horton wrote:
Dave Horton wrote:
Hmmm.

The Pro Logic ones look more robust I think?

(I'm gonna get one ta face)
Dave they do come in different diameters,I got one that was the same as my net handle as it seemed stronger
5E324944-AACE-4B3D-9EAC-154789620457.jpeg
Seems logical, Nige.

No you keep the slim one.

(Send me the other face) :laughs:
The other is in use Dave sorry on the end of my Avon’s ready to click into the landing net handle for weighing
Although those have been very scarce this season
0B17FAB3-30AF-4AE5-BB2A-8FC80B79F847.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

martin(rockape)
Perch
Perch
Posts: 860
Joined: Fri Nov 14 2014 22:11
Location: Northamptonshire

Re: Quick release net adapter

Post by martin(rockape) » Thu May 02 2019 20:57

delboy wrote:
Almost as good as mine.....DSCF2485.JPGDSCF2486.JPG
Like how you've adapted your piking net. My net was made that way but the joint has worn and was verging on sliping off so I taped a strap and push fit buckle to mine and problem solved. Also a small piece of that foam pipe lagging for buoyancy should it decide to go for a dive.

Regards

Martin
Last edited by martin(rockape) on Thu May 02 2019 23:37, edited 1 time in total.

zodiac
Chub
Chub
Posts: 2148
Joined: Sat Oct 22 2011 05:00
Location: central jockland

Re: Quick release net adapter

Post by zodiac » Thu May 02 2019 23:15

I've been using these prologic adaptors for many years on my storm poles. My alarms have never been removed from the banksticks since the day I got them so there's no need for them there. And I've never quite trusted them enough to use them on my landing net. They seem strong enough, but if they should fail, just when that monster is being drawn in to the net.. well..
I'd rather not
(Take the chance, face)
'Politicians. Don't vote, it just encourages them. The desire to be a politician should bar you from life from ever being one' Billy Connoly

Kev Berry
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout
Posts: 19475
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Robin Hood country

Re: Quick release net adapter

Post by Kev Berry » Fri May 03 2019 07:58

There is a problem with cheap pull collar back quick releases.....they eventually release when you dont want them to. They are not all the same. The cheap ones are ok for bite alarms rod rest tops etc....they WIll fail you on items like landing nets
I wouldn't use any quick release on a boat net

User avatar
Patrick Bateman
Perch
Perch
Posts: 982
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00

Re: Quick release net adapter

Post by Patrick Bateman » Sun May 05 2019 12:07

These come straight from Preston (who own the Korum brand too) and were originally designed for their Offbox range of accessories for use with seat box legs or (in my case) feeder chair legs. For that purpose they are brilliant. I must admit I'd never thought of using it for a quick release landing net, but the cam system is absolutely solid when locked so I'd not have an issue using it myself.

Post Reply