fossdyke canal

If you're a newcomer to Pike & Predator fishing and need advice, you can ask in here
gman321
Stickleback
Stickleback

fossdyke canal

Post by gman321 »

Hi New to the forum

just want abit of advice was wanting to have a go on fossdyke canal heading over this saturday but problem is im from sheffield and dont have a clue where to head. normally get there in the wee hours of morning.

any stretches or areas i could try maybe name of a road i can park up on

any advice would much appreciated
Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Re: fossdyke canal

Post by Nige Johns »

Who wants to be first chaps :pigs:
piker60
Barbel
Barbel

Post by piker60 »

Hmmmm careful.
"The best argument against democracy, is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter"
W.Churchill
It doesn't matter who you vote for the government still gets in.
Barryfisher
Perch
Perch

Post by Barryfisher »

Welcome to the Pit Gman, :handshake: unfortunately you've asked the one question that's taboo on here, I.e. Info on waters. You're not the first and you certainly won't be the last.....

If you want to know why, try searching some of the other introduction posts :thumbs:
An expert is but a beginner with experience.
"Sometimes in life there is a great skill in knowing when to shut up" - Alan.
Fenlandesox
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Fenlandesox »

But to advise you a little.... On drain systems look for any feature, pumping stations, inlets, bridges, moorings for boats, overhanging trees and around bends. It's all very basic stuff and the usual procedure when searching water. Run down the length of it on google maps and have s look. I would say give it about half hour to one hour on featureless swims and a bit longer if there is a good feature