Rechargeable Lures

If you're a newcomer to Pike & Predator fishing and need advice, you can ask in here
Tarrantino11
Stickleback
Stickleback

Rechargeable Lures

Post by Tarrantino11 »

Hi,

I want to try Pike fishing and wandered if the rechargeable lures that mimic a fish are legal to use. I’m not a fan of live baiting so I thought this might be a good compromise.

There seems to be mixed a opinion on google so I thought I might find the truth here.

Thank you,
Graham
John Milford
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Re: Rechargeable Lures

Post by John Milford »

Hi Graham. Welcome to the pit.

Don't waste your time and money on gimmicks is my advice!

You'd be better spending your money on a decent pike fishing book, talking to anyone you know who fishes for pike, so that you're better prepared for when pike fishing starts in the autumn.
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Tarrantino11 wrote: Mon Apr 13 2020 20:51 -
Hi,

I want to try Pike fishing and wandered if the rechargeable lures that mimic a fish are legal to use. I’m not a fan of live baiting so I thought this might be a good compromise.

There seems to be mixed a opinion on google so I thought I might find the truth here.

Thank you,
Graham

Welcome aboard :handshake:
You ask for the truth, well rechargeable lures that mimic a fish are a marketing scam to relieve the inexperienced of their money.
And as John says above forget gimmicks for that is what they are.

Fact; The guys and gals on here have caught hundreds of thousands of pike of all sizes and I would doubt a single one has been caught on a rechargeable lure.
Many of us dont use live fish as bait and we still catch plenty of pike.
Take your time and read back posts on various methods and technigues before parting with any money, then ask the list questions you will certainly have.

:thumbs:
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
DaveGreenwood
Zander
Zander

Post by DaveGreenwood »

As said dont bother, ask someone to take you lure fishing local to you maybe ask on here ? you will learn more in an hour or two actually being shown how to do it than you will searching online or reading about it.
delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Post by delboy »

Hello boy,Good on you for not being a fan of using live fish as bait,I don't know if they are legal and I don't know if they would catch more pike than other lures,but fishing is about having fun and I think it would be fun to use one of them,f**k me,I hate Lure fishing but if they were a bit cheaper I would get one myself,be right p****d off if I lost it though
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.
delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Post by delboy »

So what do you think boy,will you get one?
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.