Second fish!

If you're a newcomer to Pike & Predator fishing and need advice, you can ask in here
Jagermaster
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Second fish!

Post by Jagermaster »

Second fish caught, but it was hard to come by. Smaller than the first. I didn't weigh it. Again hook right in the scissors. This one was on a planer board. I took Mike's advice on board about shadows and thought planer boards would get the baits away from the raft. I managed to get the raft to move around 1kph. But I had to use a drogue. I have since ordered a much lower pitch prop. Hopefully this will give me more options.

It's also taken me a while to find a place I can catch medium sized roach as bait. The margins are absolutely full of small roach and bleak too small for live baits. I read about the size of your hand is the best. Anyway I've found a spot that produces good ones. Some around a pound that I just couldn't live with myself if I used them so they went back.

Thanks again!!

Jamie
Stewlaws
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Second fish!

Post by Stewlaws »

If plentiful , the odd larger one would be an interesting proposition ......
keith the piker
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Re: Second fish!

Post by keith the piker »

Once you have located a group of pike it may be worth anchoring up and trying a bait fished either on or just off the lake bed.

Which part of Sweden are you in? I have fished in the Baltic and some lakes near Nykoping, SE Sweden. So many lakes there!