Venues St Albans Hertfordshire?

If you're a newcomer to Pike & Predator fishing and need advice, you can ask in here
Cookie7
Stickleback
Stickleback

Venues St Albans Hertfordshire?

Post by Cookie7 »

Folks I'm meeting another angler at St Albans Hertfordshire (half way point) for a spot of river or canal pike fishing! can any one local offer some advice on the best location, we don't know the area so need ideally a river or canal size of pike or perch really doesn't matter as its only a fun day out on the bank. We need a day ticket venue where you can purchase a ticket on the bank/shop nearby and importantly exact location (SAT NAV POSTCODE)/where we could park.

I'd appreciate anyone who can help with this so I can meet up with this friend.

Regards

Wayne
Last edited by Cookie7 on Wed Oct 21 2020 16:00, edited 1 time in total.
Flipflopjoe
Chub
Chub

Re: Venues St Albans Hertfordshire?

Post by Flipflopjoe »

You’ll struggle to get people to part with their hard earned knowledge so easily my friend !
It might be worth looking for a local tackle shop and giving them a ring ?!? They may be able to help ?

Hope you and your buddy have a good day :thumbs:
Joe Birch
“There’s a fine line between fishing, and standing on the bank like an idiot!”
Cookie7
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Cookie7 »

Flipflopjoe Thank you for your response, have to say thou I'd be a little disappointed if a fellow angler cant help someone else looking for some guidance. I'm not looking for that 'hotspot' location someone has spent ages finding, just somewhere where a can take a new junior angler for some light lure fishing in this area.

Many Thanks

Wayne
suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Post by suffolk si »

its not my area but im pretty sure if you google pike perch fishing in that area plenty of info should come up or like joe says give some local tackle shops a call.
you are quite near a half decent river in that neck of the woods so id certainly have a look there too.
Cookie7
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Cookie7 »

suffolk si Many thanks some good advice much appreciated.

Wayne
Andytheammer
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Andytheammer »

Google earth is your friend.
I’m afraid Good predator fishing is hard to come about for a variety of reasons.
Not many will be willing to give up specifics
Best of luck for you & your boy :handshake:
Andy Sewell
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Cookie7 wrote: Wed Oct 21 2020 14:47 -
Folks I'm meeting another angler at St Albans Hertfordshire (half way point) for a spot of river or canal pike fishing! can any one local offer some advice on the best location, we don't know the area so need ideally a river or canal size of pike or perch really doesn't matter as its only a fun day out on the bank. We need a day ticket venue where you can purchase a ticket on the bank/shop nearby and importantly exact location (SAT NAV POSTCODE)/where we could park.

I'd appreciate anyone who can help with this so I can meet up with this friend.

Regards

Wayne

A little away for from St A. but probably the easiest to fish.
Tring Reservoirs - Day ticket, booked in advance.

If you do fish there don't forget to let us know how you get on, many just want good info and thats the last we see of them, prove your an exception.

:handshake:

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Cookie7
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Cookie7 »

Cheers Mike J appreciate the guidance and if I do fish this lake I certainly would have let you know how we got on. Having scanned again possible the best meet up locations thou I'm looking at Luton's Angling Club's River Ouse at Wyboston which seems to be a good pike/perch spot, many thanks

Wayne
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Cookie7 wrote: Thu Oct 22 2020 18:06 -
Cheers Mike J appreciate the guidance and if I do fish this lake I certainly would have let you know how we got on. Having scanned again possible the best meet up locations thou I'm looking at Luton's Angling Club's River Ouse at Wyboston which seems to be a good pike/perch spot, many thanks

Wayne

From all reports that whole section has been emptied by the fish eaters.
A 28 caught on consecutive days is the best I know of from around there, but it was years ago so no worries it being a food item now.
We did have a member who lived on there and fished his own private garden but he kept catching the same few fish and saw nothing else.
If your prepared to go to go that far east why not the ressies, plenty of water and lots of bank and three to choose from (if they are on the same ticket as previously).
Good lure waters to with very easy casting esp. with the wind behind you, my first spinner caught 20 came from there.

:handshake:
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Mark Phillips
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark Phillips »

Cookie7 wrote: Thu Oct 22 2020 18:06 -

Wayne
The LAC lake at Wyboston still does the odd decent zander, although it was looking like a bit of a s**t hole last time I was there. I was actually on a training course at the conference centre next door two years ago and had a dabble with the lures early doors each day I staid. Didn't bother with the lake, but I did fish the Ouse nearby and did, OK. Just go fish it and enjoy. All day ticket too - contact Luton AC for more info or check out their website. Ignore unfounded comments about 'fish eaters'. It's par for the course on this forum I'm afraid. There are plenty of pike, perch, chub and zander in the (Bedfordshire) Ouse. Got a mate who lives in St Neots and he does well enough on the rivers and pits nearby, if you get my drift... Just follow your own path. Tight lines :thumbs:
Piking Plonker