Suggestions for a club ticket this year?

If you're a newcomer to Pike & Predator fishing and need advice, you can ask in here
BMJA87
Stickleback
Stickleback

Suggestions for a club ticket this year?

Post by BMJA87 »

Hello everyone,

Not going to name any venues, so hopefully I'm OK posting this? Let me know if it's not on.

I live in Brighton, and have been on the Hassocks District club ticket for 2021.

It was OK through the summer just pleasure fishing on some of their stillwaters, banking the odd carp or tench and generally doing alright, but none of the venues on the ticket seem to have fished particularly well. Most members I met through the year on the bank agreed, and attributed this to the odd weather, but it's hard to know what the club stocks are like before you purchase the ticket, so I can't be sure it's going to pick back up for 2022.

I've been really enjoying catching a few small pike on the club stretches, but again it seems to have been fairly slow by all accounts this year and the esox have been very few and far between for me. I am now uhm-ing and ah-ing about renewing the club ticket, and am looking at other clubs I can reasonably get to in the area.

I want to put myself in the best position for a good 2022 pike season, and I wondered if anyone on here knew anything about Tonbridge AC or Henfield AC as alternatives to HDAS? I've heard there is a stillwater that Tonbridge have that is 'renowned', although again that's just what their website says... Hard as an 'outsider' to know if it's actually any good.

I will probably renew my HDAS membership in any case alongside any other club tickets I go for, so if there is anyone on here who fishes down my way, let me know? It would be good to meet some more experienced pike anglers!

Cheers,

Ben.
Ben Ashley
RayB
Perch
Perch

Re: Suggestions for a club ticket this year?

Post by RayB »

I would look a bit harder at the Hassocks tkt if I was you, one venue on there had done some very good pike over the years.
Your not going to get it on a plate asking on here fella.
Do your homework in your area but dont ask direct questions, there are a couple of clubs that have waters to the east of you that might be of interest...
Good luck in your search 👍
Ray B...
Ray Brown.
You got to do what you want to do when you want to do it..
BMJA87
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by BMJA87 »

Cheers Ray, I will certainly take your advice - I think I've located some waters of interest as you've mentioned, so thanks for this.
Ben Ashley
phil.c
Zander
Zander

Post by phil.c »

I wouldn't bother travelling from Brighton to Tonbridge to fish the water you are thinking of.

It used to be good, but that was years ago.
My opinion may offend, but it's only an opinion that may differ to your's.
It doesn't make me wrong.

Phil Cheriton....
BMJA87
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by BMJA87 »

Hiya Phil,

I hadn't heard that, so cheers for the heads up, I'll definitely take that into account when making my mind up as I was under the impression that the venue you mention was still decent.

I think the club that has that Tonbridge water we're talking about also has another stretch on their ticket, one slightly to the east of me. I think this might be the one Ray was suggesting I look at in his reply. It looks very interesting, but again I don't know if it's any good - just their website to go off...

If anyone is interested, I ended up renewing my HDAS ticket anyway as well, so looking for one more ticket for this year.
Ben Ashley