Pike fishing tips

If you're a newcomer to Pike & Predator fishing and need advice, you can ask in here
Iceman88
Stickleback
Stickleback

Pike fishing tips

Post by Iceman88 »

Hi all
New to pike fishing
I have been lure fishing twice and float fishing today and blanked all 3 times. In the local canal there is pike in there and felt i was in some top spots today
I started off today deadbaiting sardines about 4ft down for an hour changing spots in the swim every 30 mins then moved swim and fished on the bottom still no bites
Mainly wondering what is the best depth to try or is it trial and error
Would I be better ledgering one on the bottom and float another rod at different depths? How long should I stay in each place
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Re: Pike fishing tips

Post by stubbojo »

half an hour in each spot , if nothing is happening ,really hard going on the canals at the moment a lot of extra water has killed it

but going by the weather forecast it should improve over the next few days

try a float at a foot off bottom , with a live bait best , but a dead bait will work .......but not working for me at any depths ....

steve
Iceman88
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Iceman88 »

Someone mentioned water been high and murky brown too obviously been stirred up maybe not the best day for it
They blanked too and had 3 rods out
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

Iceman88 wrote: Sat Jan 06 2024 14:49 -
Someone mentioned water been high and murky brown too obviously been stirred up maybe not the best day for it
They blanked too and had 3 rods out
it works for me when , its been cold frost on the ground , no rain for a week and the colour has fallen out of the water .........had 3 fish yesterday on a falling river so its improving

steve :thumbs: