Any body still giving it zeds overnight?

If you want to discuss Catfish, Perch, Zander, Ferox Trout or Eels, this is the place for you
nigel savage
Chub
Chub

Any body still giving it zeds overnight?

Post by nigel savage »

Are there anybody still fishing for zeds overnight? last time I saw/spoke to someone who had was Dave Marrs, a good few years ago and if I remember right had a result, :scratch: but not zeds, but two decent pike :thumbs:

Also during daytime I had a brief/ quick chat with Chris Peck, who had fished overnight with a result being a double figure zed.
He came across as a decent bloke, done an article(s) for P&P in the early days.
Fentiger01
Disco Dave
Disco Dave

Re: Any body still giving it zeds overnight?

Post by Fentiger01 »

Hi Nigel,

Yeh mate I still do overnighters for Zeds and very often do short 6pm - 10pm sessions in the winter on my local water. You'd perhaps be forgiven for thinking that they weren't there, as like Dracula they never seem to show up until after dark. That said, my three best Pike last year (including a new PB) both showed up after dark! Rob Shallcroft is another 'overnight' Zed angler who (unlike my bad self :laughs: ) has enjoyed phenomenal success with them.

Chris Peck is an ace bloke and if my memory serves me correctly, is the first person in the UK to have had a double figure Zed this millenium (14.10 at about 0400hrs Jan 1st, 2000)! :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: I met Chris many, many times during my travels on the Fens, I've not heard about him for many years, so good to hear his name again. A cracking bloke who fished through any conditions. It seems like yesterday I last bumped into him and his son Sam on the Fen, probably 15 years ago. (where does it go?) :roll:
Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!