perch to spinners

If you want to discuss Catfish, Perch, Zander, Ferox Trout or Eels, this is the place for you
Esoxuk
Perch
Perch

Re: perch to spinners

Post by Esoxuk »

stubbojo wrote: Tue Aug 31 2021 21:29 -
Esoxuk wrote: Tue Aug 31 2021 12:18 -
I’ve been catching well using spin mads
The ones 10g and under have double hooks which reduce snagging but still hook up well. Another advantage is that the body doesn’t spin eliminating line twist. Finally they cast like bullets and don’t tend to be blown about with cross winds so can be cast quite accurately to the edge of far bank vegetation and tree lines
spin mads i will look them up pal .....cheers not heard of them who makes them ...... :thumbs:
They are actually made by spin mad although a couple of other companies make similar.
https://www.streetfishinglondon.co.uk/p ... ginals-wir I’ve been using these, they do get taken on the drop as well as on the retrieve. I really like fire tiger but they all work
R.O. Rotherham & Sheffield PAC (RA99)
PAC Products Manager
Noblest savage
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Noblest savage »

Spinners and micro spinner baits are my go to lures on the local canal, always bag up on perch and jacks with them.,softies work too but you need to figure out how to work them to gain success. Old school metals only require you to think about where the fish are. They also work all year round too. Love them.
Taffypiker
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Taffypiker »

I have a big collection of soft plastics now but if you offered me a silver and firetiger pattern in either a soft plastic or a spinner I would choose the spinner every time
peteren
Barbel
Barbel

Post by peteren »

Jig spinners are best of both worlds - blade attraction and quick change jighead shad / grub options.

Great for spin, takes on drop, snag avoidance, etc.

Success with perch (and lots of pike and chub too) on these "blade-above jig spinners", led me to success with bigger ones for pike too.
AGM Spinner Jig Size 0 Colorado – Silver (6pcs) £2.30

Always wondered about hits to blade, but enjoy a good "hookups to touches" ratio with them.
https://www.agmdiscountfishing.co.uk/pr ... nnerbaits/

Plenty of cheap firetiger spinners there too!
Peter Newman
Pinkie
Perch
Perch

Post by Pinkie »

peteren wrote: Fri Sep 10 2021 11:56 -
Jig spinners are best of both worlds - blade attraction and quick change jighead shad / grub options.

Great for spin, takes on drop, snag avoidance, etc.

Success with perch (and lots of pike and chub too) on these "blade-above jig spinners", led me to success with bigger ones for pike too.
AGM Spinner Jig Size 0 Colorado – Silver (6pcs) £2.30

Always wondered about hits to blade, but enjoy a good "hookups to touches" ratio with them.
https://www.agmdiscountfishing.co.uk/pr ... nnerbaits/

Plenty of cheap firetiger spinners there too!
Last summer I saw a chap catch a nice barbel on a small jig spinner.