Perch ledger setup

If you want to discuss Catfish, Perch, Zander, Ferox Trout or Eels, this is the place for you
Rammer223
Roach
Roach

Perch ledger setup

Post by Rammer223 »

Been getting few decent perch of late on lures but started to slow down abit with lures was thinking having ago with worms etc what line do you guys use is braid best option any advice welcome thanks
Gary Coggon
Roach
Roach

Re: Perch ledger setup

Post by Gary Coggon »

There’s a thread from 15th March this year on the Sea, Game, etc forum that gives some sound answers on this.
Gary Coggon
Gary Coggon
Roach
Roach

Post by Gary Coggon »

…and I use 6 lb Sensor when fishing lobs and 15 lb Powerpro braid with deadbaits. One good and rarely made comment on that thread I mentioned above is to check hooklink for nicks. Ditto mainline especially if fishing over rocky bottom.
Gary Coggon
Rammer223
Roach
Roach

Post by Rammer223 »

Will take a look thanks
Pinkie
Perch
Perch

Post by Pinkie »

When legering worm for perch I use a short hooklink and touch ledger. They're aggressive feeders so bites are normally easy to detect and need striking very quickly to avoid deep hooking. Best avoid putting the rod on a rest etc, for this reason.

Regardless, float fishing lobs under a perch bobber is the best method if the water's not too deep or fast. Sliding floats also work well for deeper swims.
Sebas
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Sebas »

I use 18lb for my Perching, might seem a bit heavy but it definitely isn't, especially when you fish waters that are full of Big Carp and whatnot.
Mmmmmmmm yes
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

Sebas wrote: Wed Oct 27 2021 22:07 -
I use 18lb for my Perching, might seem a bit heavy but it definitely isn't, especially when you fish waters that are full of Big Carp and whatnot.
very true i wont go too low when targeting perch , as Mr pike usually turns up at some stage......