Silly question??

If you want to discuss Catfish, Perch, Zander, Ferox Trout or Eels, this is the place for you
Reefhawg
Roach
Roach

Silly question??

Post by Reefhawg »

I've got access to a lake which holds some large(ish) perch and I want to try presenting worms on a CD rig. The only problem is that there is a barbless rule on the lake and I'm struggling to think of how to keep the worms on. I thought about using a bit of rubber band on the hook to stop the worm escaping but i'm not sure if that will do the job? Anyone got any advice on this?
Cyprio
Chub
Chub

Re: Silly question??

Post by Cyprio »

Simple; Hair rig. :thumbs:

Use these their great for pushing through and along the worm. Will also push through cork or foam to add to the hair to pop it up.

https://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/guru-ha ... k_products
Andy Carpenter
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

Reefhawg wrote: Fri Oct 15 2021 23:04 -
I've got access to a lake which holds some large(ish) perch and I want to try presenting worms on a CD rig. The only problem is that there is a barbless rule on the lake and I'm struggling to think of how to keep the worms on. I thought about using a bit of rubber band on the hook to stop the worm escaping but i'm not sure if that will do the job? Anyone got any advice on this?
Rubber band works wonders for keeping worms on. Find flat rubber bands (red ones postman use for example) and pierce the band with the hook then cut off leaving a little tab on the hook.
Reefhawg
Roach
Roach

Post by Reefhawg »

I did think of a hair rig but thought it might result in too many missed takes, but if it works I'll try that. Thanks
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

The rubber band trick is foolproof.
It keeps small livebaits on the hook bend.

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Cyprio
Chub
Chub

Post by Cyprio »

Hair rigging worms is effective. I’ve found better hook ups using them as the hook is clear. Also the hooking position is in a better place rather than down the throat.
Great when fishing for bream with a short hook length as they also send worms direct to the stomach.
Andy Carpenter
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

rubber bands all day long or what i sometimes use is some old jelly worm lures cut up into section ...works like a rubber band but with colour added...
RayB
Perch
Perch

Post by RayB »

Reefhawg wrote: Fri Oct 15 2021 23:04 -
Hair rig with a quick stop.. :thumbs:
Ray Brown.
You got to do what you want to do when you want to do it..