Best Z-MAN TRD TicklerZ colour for perch in muddy canal

If you want to discuss Catfish, Perch, Zander, Ferox Trout or Eels, this is the place for you
Gary Coggon
Roach
Roach

Best Z-MAN TRD TicklerZ colour for perch in muddy canal

Post by Gary Coggon »

Anyone help me out with their experience with this, please? Just started fishing local canal, with only 6 - 12” visibilty, for first time after years of fishing successfully mainly clear stillwaters but struggling to gain any interest from perch. I know they’re in there, and I know to work the Neds slowly/subtley under moored boats, against vertical structure, down central track, etc., so… Any firm advice on colours would be much appreciated, please, other than ring the changes? Ditto Cheb creatures. Many thanks.
Gary Coggon
bencarvosso
Chub
Chub

Re: Best Z-MAN TRD TicklerZ colour for perch in muddy canal

Post by bencarvosso »

Found california craw is amazing for what ever species I've used it for. Laguna shrimp has got me perch when others haven't
Running Ledger Fishing Blog
http://www.bencarvosso.wordpress.com
Gary Coggon
Roach
Roach

Post by Gary Coggon »

In muddy water, Ben?
Gary Coggon
paintman
Perch
Perch

Post by paintman »

Is that the normal level of clarity in your canal or because of all the rain there's been lately & is normally clear?
If the latter then you'll be better waiting until it drops out.
bencarvosso
Chub
Chub

Post by bencarvosso »

Gary Coggon wrote: Wed Dec 13 2023 19:22 -
In muddy water, Ben?
I wouldn't say muddy water, but the laguna shrimp defo more visible in coloured water. Prefer bit of clarity for the craw
Running Ledger Fishing Blog
http://www.bencarvosso.wordpress.com
Gary Coggon
Roach
Roach

Post by Gary Coggon »

paintman wrote: Thu Dec 14 2023 15:34 -
Is that the normal level of clarity in your canal or because of all the rain there's been lately & is normally clear?
Yes, that’s normal due to boats. Unless they only hunt in the early morning before the silt gets churned, I’m assuming the perch have adapted to catching prey in the murk. Thanks for the question - it’s prompted me to think I should spend more time before the boats start moving.
Gary Coggon
Gary Coggon
Roach
Roach

Post by Gary Coggon »

bencarvosso wrote: Thu Dec 14 2023 20:10 -
Gary Coggon wrote: Wed Dec 13 2023 19:22 -
In muddy water, Ben?
I wouldn't say muddy water, but the laguna shrimp defo more visible in coloured water. Prefer bit of clarity for the craw
Thanks, Ben - Laguna Shrimp heading my way. Along with plain black.
Gary Coggon
paintman
Perch
Perch

Post by paintman »

Gary Coggon wrote: Sat Dec 16 2023 10:26 -
paintman wrote: Thu Dec 14 2023 15:34 -
Yes, that’s normal due to boats. Unless they only hunt in the early morning before the silt gets churned, I’m assuming the perch have adapted to catching prey in the murk. Thanks for the question - it’s prompted me to think I should spend more time before the boats start moving.
Mine usually stays clear & the silt stirred up by a boat drops out quickly.
Worse in the summer with the higher levels of boat traffic but doesn't stay murky long & most park up late afternoon.
With all the rain we've had of late the river sections are still very muddy & not worth the effort.
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

better when there been a few frosts...... if not got a lid on prefer the neds as you say very slowly , natural colours for me , as thats what there feeding on .....my mate catches on the creatures baits , but most of the time small perch and the odd pike ......
Gary Coggon
Roach
Roach

Post by Gary Coggon »

Thanks for your thoughts, gents.
Gary Coggon
Mark Phillips
Zander
Zander

Post by Mark Phillips »

Gary Coggon wrote: Wed Dec 13 2023 15:18 -
Anyone help me out with their experience with this, please? Just started fishing local canal, with only 6 - 12” visibilty, for first time after years of fishing successfully mainly clear stillwaters but struggling to gain any interest from perch. I know they’re in there, and I know to work the Neds slowly/subtley under moored boats, against vertical structure, down central track, etc., so… Any firm advice on colours would be much appreciated, please, other than ring the changes? Ditto Cheb creatures. Many thanks.
Ask on the lure forum, you'll get more answers there :thumbs:
Piking Plonker
Gary Coggon
Roach
Roach

Post by Gary Coggon »

Mark Phillips wrote: Thu Dec 28 2023 18:38 -
Gary Coggon wrote: Wed Dec 13 2023 15:18 -
Ask on the lure forum, you'll get more answers there :thumbs:
:point: :thanks:
Gary Coggon