Twig or T bar.

If you want to discuss Catfish, Perch, Zander, Ferox Trout or Eels, this is the place for you
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Twig or T bar.

Post by Bob Watson »

Any of you eel anglers use either of them, which is the most effective?

I'm getting myself rigged up for some eel fishing a bit later in the year, so I'll be picking brains on preferred bite indication and rigs etc! I know some prefer fishing off a baitrunner and bobbins, some prefer drop offs, any reasoning behind the different choices would be good, some prefer mono over braid etc

Ta!
cookiesdaughtersdad
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Re: Twig or T bar.

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad »

My neighbour had a year or so after eels and after a bit of trial and error, settled on the twig,
!00% lip hooked and easier to build.
Baits were hair rigged luncheon meat and chopped pieces of worm on a Korum spike hair stop thingy.
After telling him about Steve Pitts and the judder rig theory, he went for a large running lead combined with quite a short hooklink, indicator was a lightly set swinger with bites being hit on the way up.

Cheers, Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Post by Steve Dennington »

Would circles be effective as an anti-deep-hooking measure? I don't tend to deliberately catch eels, so I don't know.
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

cookiesdaughtersdad wrote: Tue Mar 19 2024 07:17 -
My neighbour had a year or so after eels and after a bit of trial and error, settled on the twig,
Baits were hair rigged luncheon meat and chopped pieces of worm on a Korum spike hair stop thingy.
After telling him about Steve Pitts and the judder rig theory, he went for a large running lead combined with quite a short hooklink, indicator was a lightly set swinger with bites being hit on the way up.

Cheers, Alan
I subscribed to the judder rig theory years before I'd heard it called that :wink:
cookiesdaughtersdad
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad »

Bob Watson wrote: Tue Mar 19 2024 14:02 -
cookiesdaughtersdad wrote: Tue Mar 19 2024 07:17 -

Cheers, Alan
I subscribed to the judder rig theory years before I'd heard it called that :wink:
:thumbs:

Cheers, Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.
Wayneelman
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Wayneelman »

I've been incorporating 6mm bamboo twigs and also popping up my hook baits with a modified widget as a riser and anti gorge device.