First Ebro trip

If you want to discuss Catfish, Perch, Zander, Ferox Trout or Eels, this is the place for you
Ash m
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

First Ebro trip

Post by Ash m »

Hi, I'm looking at planning my first trip out to Ebro after a go for the cats next year n wondered if anybody could give any advice on best time of year for a good trip and also reccomend any good companys to go with? Thanks in advance, ash morton
Tony Pieater
Chub
Chub

Re: First Ebro trip

Post by Tony Pieater »

ENGLAND love it or leave it
Pointngo
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Pointngo »

depends on whether you want more fish or bigger fish mate.

more fish June/July... bigger fish September/October.. although there's always the chance of a monster.

Catmaster tours are the longest running guides apart from the Bavarian Guiding Services and know Mequinenza better than anyone.

http://www.catmastertours.com/
Ash m
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Ash m »

Thanks for that, more wanting numbers as its first time, wil look at website when I get home tonight as for some reason My phone won't let me go on it to do with flash player! What sort of price am I looking at for a week if theirs 2 people goin? Thanks
Pointngo
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Pointngo »

prices are on the website mate. Image
Ash m
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Ash m »

Cheers will check it out when I can! Is this the 1 run by garath Edwards?
Pointngo
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Pointngo »

no Ash.. Catmaster is rtun by a mate of mine, Colin Bunn. I know Garath (Catfishtours) as well (all brummie boys!) and he certainly knows what he is doing, and will work to put you on fish.

it all depends on how you want to fish really mate.. if you want to bank fish with pellets then Catmaster are unbeatable imho but if you want to boat fish then either hire a boat from BGS at Mequinenza or go up to the top lake with someone like Catfish Capers.
Ash m
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Ash m »

Ok thanks for the info
breakerm
Eel
Eel

Post by breakerm »

have a look here as well...

http://www.villanasheo.co.uk/fishing.php

im gonna be going next month... cant wait
Ash m
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Ash m »

Thanks for the replays, ad a look at a few sites, just makes it hard choosing now cos they all offer the same fing in print, as anybody ad any really good experiences with any of these company's? Want a guide who works hard at putting us in right areas n helps in us gettin a few on the bank!
breakerm
Eel
Eel

Post by breakerm »

Ash m wrote:
Thanks for the replays, ad a look at a few sites, just makes it hard choosing now cos they all offer the same fing in print, as anybody ad any really good experiences with any of these company's? Want a guide who works hard at putting us in right areas n helps in us gettin a few on the bank!

well the one i posted up is my father in law.... if you book with him tell him that you got it from me and im sure he will sort something out for you.. Image Image
Pointngo
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Pointngo »

Ash m wrote:

Garath (Catfishtours) as well (all brummie boys!) and he certainly knows what he is doing, and will work to put you on fish.

it all depends on how you want to fish really mate.. if you want to bank fish with pellets then Catmaster are unbeatable imho but if you want to boat fish then either hire a boat from BGS at Mequinenza or go up to the top lake with someone like Catfish Capers.

there's 3 i know Ash. What else do you want to know? Don't know him personally but i've been told Gary Cavender (Cavendish?) is also a good guide.

just be aware that there are quite a number of small, inexperienced, one man guiding services out there that are poor to say the least (I don't know Breakerms guide but he seems to be going about it in a bit more professional way by having his own villa, so wouldn't count him in with those paltry guides). It may seem cheaper but there are plenty of stories, some i've seen myself, about not being picked up, huge bait bills etc at the end of your trip.
dropped_run
Eel
Eel

Post by dropped_run »

catfish capers were superb when i went, all pellet fishing from the bank, but we had upto 49 fish in a day last june, biggest 185, and we had about 15 ton ups- martin who runs it is a character, you can stay in a bar and the guides were exceptional when i went.

cant ask for much more
James Dobie.
John Dinnewell
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by John Dinnewell »

breakerm wrote:
have a look here as well...

http://www.villanasheo.co.uk/fishing.php

im gonna be going next month... cant wait
Know John well..........fished with via ebro boat hire with him for several years but thats some 8 years ago, we did have some good trips and he has a lovely stretch of the river, you will have a cracking time.
we are off 1st week September but going with Hacienda angling just for a change of scenery.
All the best
John