John currie...Pikepool 66

An archive of our superb Pike Pool articles
dart stew laws
Zander
Zander

John currie...Pikepool 66

Post by dart stew laws »

http://thepikepool.blogspot.co.uk/2013/ ... -chap.html

A big thank you to Sir Michael on this latest 'poolside chat' from one of the most staunchest of campaigners we have the pleasure of knowing within the realms of piking... you read it here first, but behind that steely glint of determination, JC is really a pussy cat.. or is he... read on.
jay
Chub
Chub

Re: John currie...Pikepool 66

Post by jay »

Theres only one JC ImageImage
phil.c
Zander
Zander

Post by phil.c »

jay wrote:
Theres only one JC ImageImage
And his mums name was Mary...

But John Currie may run him a close second..Image
My opinion may offend, but it's only an opinion that may differ to your's.
It doesn't make me wrong.

Phil Cheriton....
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

That is a top read and gives us a little insight into the make up of a Man important to the future of Broadland Piking and probably wider afield too!

(We're sooo fortunate to have Gods other son on our side face)
DarrenWard
Roach
Roach

Post by DarrenWard »

Very impressive Image
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Excellent stuff. Image
adepac
Perch
Perch

Post by adepac »

A great read that,Image I Am clad John is on our side fighting for the pike Image A Rhodesian ridge back in our mist Image Image
dart stew laws
Zander
Zander

Post by dart stew laws »

I could of put on a foot note, Mickey cox's propensity to wishing to try women's dresses on..But that's our secret, Ehh Mickey Image
adepac
Perch
Perch

Post by adepac »

dart stew laws wrote:

I could of put on a foot note, Mickey cox's propensity to wishing to try women's dresses on..But that's our secret, Ehh Mickey Image
no its not Image
steve a pac
Chub
Chub

Post by steve a pac »

Very compelling, there's to the hard work of John, Mickey and all others that do such good work Image Image
Mickey Cox
Chub
Chub

Post by Mickey Cox »

A good read, and I learn't a little there about the son of God.
He still has a habit of kicking people in the nuts....ask the Broads Authority staff.
As for the dresses,............ call me Michelle.
Well done Stew, well done JC.
Simon Farrow PAC
Chub
Chub

Post by Simon Farrow PAC »

Great read that JC Image
Narfuk boi who dont talk squit or suffer it

Alarm repairs/modifications/advice
Stu Winstake
Chub
Chub

Post by Stu Winstake »

Thanks John. I had a Thurne 20 on my birthday last week. I may well have
died with a lot of others as a casualty of the Duck Broad scheme if it were not
for you and your mates.

You may not have any pike fishing hero’s you care to name
but you are one of mine bud.

Not even a simple Irish girl would call her son Stewingstake. Kevin Daly
"Mama, move your false teeth, papa wanna scratch your gums."
ChristopherH
Barbel
Barbel

Post by ChristopherH »

Very humbling that John. It underlines to me as an occasional pike angler how very little I've done on a personal level to safeguard my sport, and, if I'm entirely honest, why I'm never likely to get involved to the extent that individuals such as yourself have and do.

The former situation with the ACA has left me feeling pretty determined not to line the pockets of angling wannabes any further over the ensuing years and without wishing to start a debate I have thus far had little or no faith in the exploits of the Angling Trust. One or two things I've read in the past regarding their policies to date have left me disappointed too.

However just recently I've been inspired by others to think I may have it wrong. I'm probably going to pay my money and take a chance in the near future. I suppose given my aforementioned reticence to get involved on a personal level it is the least I can do to support the selfless industry of anglers like John and Mickey (And of course anyone else who works for nothing more than the passion they have in the sport.)

I really enjoyed that. It has given a concise but detailed overview of the Broadland scene, which, although on the surface does not seem to be relevant to me on a geographical basis, I think is an important barometer for the future of the sport generally. I think it is another fine example of a piece of writing that would not necessarily find a home in any of the front-line publications but desperately needed saying and listening to. I feel the Pike Pool provides that platform admirably.

Well done to the team. Image
From SAS to SOS. YNWTL

My Pictures
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

ChristopherH wrote:
Very humbling that John. It underlines to me as an occasional pike angler how very little I've done on a personal level to safeguard my sport, and, if I'm entirely honest, why I'm never likely to get involved to the extent that individuals such as yourself have and do.

The former situation with the ACA has left me feeling pretty determined not to line the pockets of angling wannabes any further over the ensuing years and without wishing to start a debate I have thus far had little or no faith in the exploits of the Angling Trust. One or two things I've read in the past regarding their policies to date have left me disappointed too.

However just recently I've been inspired by others to think I may have it wrong. I'm probably going to pay my money and take a chance in the near future. I suppose given my aforementioned reticence to get involved on a personal level it is the least I can do to support the selfless industry of anglers like John and Mickey (And of course anyone else who works for nothing more than the passion they have in the sport.)

I really enjoyed that. It has given a concise but detailed overview of the Broadland scene, which, although on the surface does not seem to be relevant to me on a geographical basis, I think is an important barometer for the future of the sport generally. I think it is another fine example of a piece of writing that would not necessarily find a home in any of the front-line publications but desperately needed saying and listening to. I feel the Pike Pool provides that platform admirably.

Well done to the team. Image
Same as that!

(Time to dig my wallet out face)
John Currie
Chub
Chub

Post by John Currie »

:)Cheers guys glad you enjoyed the read:).
Sean Ellis PAC
Perch
Perch

Post by Sean Ellis PAC »

Great piece, well done John. An inspiration to me indeed.
Jonno
Perch
Perch

Post by Jonno »

A great read John, total respect for your commitment to the cause, as Sean said, an inspiration!