Pike Pool (92) John Evans

An archive of our superb Pike Pool articles
Jason Skilton
Zander
Zander

Pike Pool (92) John Evans

Post by Jason Skilton »

Morning to the pikers good, bad and certainly ugly!!

The season is up and running, October is here and up and down the country herring, smelt and mackerel are being chucked to the horizon in each anglers quest for a croc, whacker or simply a pike.

But whilst many of us are happy, some are not and fluid by a nice of of tea, John Evans give his take on the pike and pikers in his area.

So batten down the hatches, lock up your daughters and arm yourself for the onslaught.

http://thepikepool.blogspot.co.uk/2014/ ... me-to.html
Tony Pieater
Chub
Chub

Re: Pike Pool (92) John Evans

Post by Tony Pieater »

Well done John, :thumbs:
I think trying to educate some anglers will be an ongoing task.
Sadly its not confined to our scottish brothers were bad practices are the norm
Tony
ENGLAND love it or leave it
MichaelHPAC
Barbel
Barbel

Post by MichaelHPAC »

Nice one John. :thumbs:
Its good to rant...
Just say NO to the psycho right wing capitalist fascist industrial death machine
Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jimk2 »

Great John, was the pic of the dead 19 left out?

I love Scotland me, beutiful place great scenery and cracking hard fighting athletic fish. It is a shame about the middies though and EE's that have spoiled a lot of waters.
benji
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by benji »

Sad and true, cant blame it all on the EEs though.
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

I look forwards to this tonight.

(Thanks men face)
d roberts
Perch
Perch

Post by d roberts »

I enjoyed the read but does it have photos missing ? As it refers to photos with littering and damaged/ dead pike, but all I can see are trophy shots ? ( some nice fish at that)
Admau1
Chub
Chub

Post by Admau1 »

Good article! Whilst fishing recently I collected rubbish and filled my 30" fox predetor net with cans,discarded deadbait packages,fag packets,and even 2 unopened packets of sweets to take home and put in my bin!
:confused: This was following a local pike match on a lincs drain,It could have been there before I suppose,but I doubt it!! :shrug: This is just one of the reasons I don't like pike matches!! :mad:
RobSidell
Perch
Perch

Post by RobSidell »

Good effort John, mistreatment of fish is happening all over the country it seems :sad:
Jock Gordon
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jock Gordon »

Moanin weegie git :laughs: , your right tho buddy been saying it all along, more nods doing the damage than EUs, seems to have spiralled beyond control nowadays, questioned a baliff who has the lease on one of the waters 2 weeks ago about what he allows ie guys with 6 rods out, 2 on alarms, other 4 had kinder egg containers hanging from them, no unhooking mat, his reply was, well guys have got to start out somewhere :w****r: to which I replied yes but its at the Pikes expense, he shrugged his shoulders and walked away with his wee leather bag full of cash.
Scott Williams
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Scott Williams »

From my experiences fishing north of the border I'd say its 20% EE's 80% 'locals' damaging the Pike and enviroment..20 years ago it was my favourite place to fish in the UK.
john evans
Barbel
Barbel

Post by john evans »

Im in work now and cant see pics on work pc??? there should be a pic of a cut open dead 19lber,with trace in it,,i will add tomorrow if not there,,cheers peeps
john evans
Barbel
Barbel

Post by john evans »

d roberts wrote:
I enjoyed the read but does it have photos missing ? As it refers to photos with littering and damaged/ dead pike, but all I can see are trophy shots ? ( some nice fish at that)
yeh ,theres a couple of pics missing?? ,,i will add tomorrow
Emma Hamilton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Emma Hamilton »

Great :thumbs:

rob
john evans
Barbel
Barbel

Post by john evans »

I would like to add that i am really a quite pleasant chap and not a moaning faced cnut :laughs:
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

I enjoyed that light hearted look at Scottish Piking!

(Thanks Uncle Buck face)
DavyMc
Barbel
Barbel

Post by DavyMc »

Nice one John :grin:

Lot of these people are experts without ever having fished, keyboard warriors/pikers no time on the water or in the countryside.
"Rise, like lions after slumber: In unvanquishable number! Shake your chains to earth like dew: Which in sleep had fallen on you: Ye are many—they are few!"
john evans
Barbel
Barbel

Post by john evans »

Dave Horton wrote:
I enjoyed that light hearted look at Scottish Piking!

(Thanks Uncle Buck face)
:laughs: :laughs: cheers Dave :thumbs:
john evans
Barbel
Barbel

Post by john evans »

DavyMc wrote:
Nice one John :grin:

Lot of these people are experts without ever having fished, keyboard warriors/pikers no time on the water or in the countryside.
very true davy,im trying my best to stay away from forums whilst partaking :laughs:
Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jimk2 »

john evans wrote:
Im in work now and cant see pics on work pc??? there should be a pic of a cut open dead 19lber,with trace in it,,i will add tomorrow if not there,,cheers peeps
:thumbs: great stuff John, will finish the story.
Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jimk2 »

Scott Williams wrote:
From my experiences fishing north of the border I'd say its 20% EE's 80% 'locals' damaging the Pike and enviroment..20 years ago it was my favourite place to fish in the UK.
I'd say more EE's Scott, nice avatar pic :thumbs:
Jason Skilton
Zander
Zander

Post by Jason Skilton »

john evans wrote:
d roberts wrote:
Emsil me those piccies and I'll add them John :-)
john evans
Barbel
Barbel

Post by john evans »

Jason Skilton wrote:
john evans wrote:
d roberts wrote:
Emsil me those piccies and I'll add them John :-)
will do tomorrow jason,i though they were included with the 1st one?? saying that im a basic pc user so i just might have made a pigs a**e of it bud :laughs: ,it was a nice scenic pic of the castle and then 2 pics of litter everywhere and a pic of a pike cut open with a trace deep in its stomach
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

you read my mind John, I liked that a lot.

Im just back from where the camping noddies got moved off of. not a sniff all day but bumped in to Dunky Rough, out of anywhere on such a big water we decide to fish the same spot. must be a noddy magnet :roll: :laughs:

Overheard some guide talking about camping being banned and how its improved the place, It was hard keeping my mouth shut. didnt keep my mouth shut at the tw** in the jetski though.

As for that trossachs water, used to be my home from home and where i got my only 20 so far, all I can say about that is thank f**k I got a chance to fish it before lomonds noddies arrived.

I spent a long long time fishing it while Andy Macfarlane was teaching me. Done loads of all nighters and stared at the stars then waking up on a crisp misty winter morning. pure magic. Its been hard past few years to capture that spirit again.

Took a long break from fishing it and only recently took an interest in the water again and was heartbroken to see whats came of it (mind my post of the arseholes with a mountain of fire logs, petrol getting burned, trees coming down?)

Another water nearby I went to effort of getting there early only to find someone crashed out in a hammock, bubble floats left out from probably the night before. A bridges wooden railing seems to have gone walkies on it............... One guess whats probably happened to that.

I have argued before(maybe not on here?) that its our own clansmen having a negative impact on pike fishing and fishing in general instead of EE's but there is no denying that even that has got so much worse in just a short few years. Our own guys still don't do us any favors.
john evans
Barbel
Barbel

Post by john evans »

They certainly dont do us any favours Andy,ive had a couple of incidents with EEs, one with old rab that made the papers :laughs: and once when 2 of them in a boat came right into the bank between rods and asked "any big pike?" oh aye f****n loads mate,join in. Like a few folk i try and fish midweeks now,even when its my sole weekend off in a month i will go friday morning to beat the bams. The trossachs water was a thorn in my side for a couple of years,i just couldnt catch on it,not even jacks.Oh i was getting runs but missing them,even had a couple of broken ribs after going a**e over t*t in a burn ( cold cold feb morning) running to get a feckin cormorant run.Then 1 day i had a 15 just after meeting Jock n Craig for the 1st time,few weeks later over the other side i had a 26 odds ,but now? i suppose there is still decent fishing to be had on it if your willing to look past all the s**t and put up with feckin drums,guitars,fights oh n feckin bagpipes at 2 in the morning :roll: :roll:
MakPike
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by MakPike »

was at the water yous are on about 2 weeks ago, water level right down, cans, bottles, rubbish everywhere, guys with rods set at waters edge (you know how far away that is when waters down) while sitting up next to their campers, found 3 tubs full of maggots and ended up staying for 30 mins, couldnt be annoyed, was like sitting in the community tip, went to a water just a bit further north and it was a joy, you'll know the one john no doubts, bailiffs actually do their job and toss the idiots off (that did NOT sound right), anyhoo agree with everything said.
Get to the Chopper!
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

MakPike wrote:
was at the water yous are on about 2 weeks ago, water level right down, cans, bottles, rubbish everywhere, guys with rods set at waters edge (you know how far away that is when waters down) while sitting up next to their campers, found 3 tubs full of maggots and ended up staying for 30 mins, couldnt be annoyed, was like sitting in the community tip, went to a water just a bit further north and it was a joy, you'll know the one john no doubts, bailiffs actually do their job and toss the idiots off (that did NOT sound right), anyhoo agree with everything said.
Can you really see that young lad collecting permit money chasing off even one of those rockets from that water :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

the fact they sell fire wood says it all really. :w****r:
MakPike
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by MakPike »

they need to employ someone to do it then, amount of money their getting from all the noddies must be unbelievable, they surely can afford to pay someone to pick up the crap and another to police it hourly, any hassle police phoned, banned.

would love to see it on every water up here not just the decent ones, its a pipe dream though.
Get to the Chopper!
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

MakPike wrote:
they need to employ someone to do it then, amount of money their getting from all the noddies must be unbelievable, they surely can afford to pay someone to pick up the crap and another to police it hourly, any hassle police phoned, banned.

would love to see it on every water up here not just the decent ones, its a pipe dream though.
They are probably of the thinking: "ban them, wtf would I want to do that for thats money out of my pocket :afraid: "

I heard from that wee dude collecting permits that they originally tried to get the other one just up the road and omg thank feck they didnt get it, too inaccessible he said :worthy:
jms248
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by jms248 »

Great read. what i cant understand is they take your money name and some times address some places i fish even got the car reg before they come down. All the details needed to follow up if they leave the place a s""t hole. but you throw a fag end away in the street and you get a £80 fine on the spot :scratch: