An archive of our superb Pike Pool articles
Jason Skilton
Zander
Zander

Pike Pool (99) Paul Millar

Post by Jason Skilton »

Its time... :tea:

.............for a story....... :study:

.................................you've read the tale of a battle with a monster........ :scratch:

....................................................................................................but this time its her sister.............. :afraid:

So prepare to hid behind the sofa and read "Return of the Esox VI" :thumbs:

http://thepikepool.blogspot.co.uk/2015/ ... forty.html
suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Re: Pike Pool (99) Paul Millar

Post by suffolk si »

awesome stuff, great read , I make your "average " pike weight to be somewhere around the mid to high twenty pounds unreal!
Woodchucker
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Woodchucker »

Stories like that is what keeps all going out and trying our best, enjoyed that Paul :thumbs:
Perch are scared of wire, dont make me laugh!
Tiercel
Chub
Chub

Post by Tiercel »

Cracking story for the Pool and enjoyed reading it, very well done Paul :thumbs:
Dale
micky dolan
Barbel
Barbel

Post by micky dolan »

Very nice Paul :thumbs: :thumbs:

Lucky b*****d :wink: :grin:
Keep doing your own thing Paul . It works.........

There is one spot on Chew that no one fishes , due to no car park being near and may need a bit of a trek.
If i'm lucky January might travel light and give it a go ..
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

Nicely done paul!

(You write really well too mate face)
Last edited by Dave Horton on Tue Mar 31 2015 21:48, edited 1 time in total.
Jonno
Perch
Perch

Post by Jonno »

Awesome, great write up :thumbs:
Jake Hamilton
Chub
Chub

Post by Jake Hamilton »

That was brilliant, Paul. What a piking achievement for both of you. Great read :thumbs:
JAKE
"It's not the years, honey....it's the mileage"
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

Good read that mate. Big congrats to both of you :thumbs:
DavyMc
Barbel
Barbel

Post by DavyMc »

Tremendous! All the best for this year
"Rise, like lions after slumber: In unvanquishable number! Shake your chains to earth like dew: Which in sleep had fallen on you: Ye are many—they are few!"
john evans
Barbel
Barbel

Post by john evans »

ah go on ill say it,,,,worra pair o fookin jammy t***s :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:
only joking,,big big well done to both o you,stuff of dreams :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
kristian
Chub
Chub

Post by kristian »

You don’t need me to say it but massive well done to you both again!
Cracking achievement which I doubt has ever been rivalled.

Keep on at em mate, I’m sure there’s a good few whackers for you yet!!! :thumbs:
Ash m
Zander
Zander

Post by Ash m »

Good read and account Paul, lightening really can strike twice, knew I should have rubbed yours and mikes balls other week! It gives hope and helps the dreams when even normal ( hope you don't mind been normal lol ) folk can catch fish like this, without having to be one of the names :thumbs:
Steve Hincks
Chub
Chub

Post by Steve Hincks »

bloody brilliant Paul and uncle Mike have netted a 40 for each other, plus a 30 and a few 20s, keep it up chaps :grin: :thumbs:
MichaelHPAC
Barbel
Barbel

Post by MichaelHPAC »

Lovely read :grin:
Just say NO to the psycho right wing capitalist fascist industrial death machine
Paul_the_piker
Perch
Perch

Post by Paul_the_piker »

Cheers guys!

It's been an incredible period and one that has not only absolutely smashed our expectations but allowed us to live out our angling dreams. We have been incredibly fortunate to be in the right place at the right time on a seemingly consistent basis.

Now we just have to work out how to catch fish from other waters :laughs:

As you can probably tell it was written in January before the Feb trials, so I didn't recognise Bri Ingram's achievement of joining the two forties club, but it is well worth another mention! We actually fished next to Bri in Heron's Green in November, the session after Mike had his forty and we were discussing his run of bad luck on Chew, so I like to think that a little bit of our luck rubbed off on him! :thumbs:

Now that I think about it, I have fished on the bank next to Andy Charmer, Dave Harman, Dave Horton, Terry Wheatley, Ian Orchard, Bri Ingram and Danny Taylor and they have all either caught on the day or very soon after a fish over 30lbs! That's just the people I recognised or spoke to when we have actually had someone next to us....

What should I start the bidding at! :laughs:
Ash m
Zander
Zander

Post by Ash m »

Paul_the_piker wrote:
Cheers guys!

It's been an incredible period and one that has not only absolutely smashed our expectations but allowed us to live out our angling dreams. We have been incredibly fortunate to be in the right place at the right time on a seemingly consistent basis.

As you can probably tell it was written in January before the Feb trials, so I didn't recognise Bri Ingram's achievement of joining the two forties club, but it is well worth another mention! We actually fished next to Bri in Heron's Green in November, the session after Mike had his forty and we were discussing his run of bad luck on Chew, so I like to think that a little bit of our luck rubbed off on him! :thumbs:

Now that I think about it, I have fished on the bank next to Andy Charmer, Dave Harman, Dave Horton, Terry Wheatley, Ian Orchard, Bri Ingram and Danny Taylor and they have all either caught on the day or very soon after a fish over 30lbs! That's just the people I recognised or spoke to when we have actually had someone next to us....

Not rubbed on on Kristian tho poor lad :neutral:
Paul_the_piker
Perch
Perch

Post by Paul_the_piker »

Ash m wrote:
Paul_the_piker wrote:
Cheers guys!

Low blow Ash! :laughs: I purposefully didn't mention that as I know the poor lad is pretty sensitive about the whole affair! :laughs:

To be honest he out fishes me everywhere else we go and has caught a number of good fish from some very difficult waters, he just hasn't had the luck...

I predict a whacker in October for Kristian (or his boat partner :rasp: )
kristian
Chub
Chub

Post by kristian »

Paul_the_piker wrote:
Ash m wrote:

Low blow Ash! :laughs: I purposefully didn't mention that as I know the poor lad is pretty sensitive about the whole affair! :laughs:

To be honest he out fishes me everywhere else we go and has caught a number of good fish from some very difficult waters, he just hasn't had the luck...

I predict a whacker in October for Kristian (or his boat partner :rasp: )
Poor me! :cry:
I was going to mention that I've fished with you alot and the golden sphere's haven't rubbed off on me... perhaps I'm doing it wrong!?!
Emma Hamilton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Emma Hamilton »

Great read :thumbs:

rob
Admau1
Chub
Chub

Post by Admau1 »