Pike pool 101 - Q&A with Dave Horton

An archive of our superb Pike Pool articles
Tiercel
Chub
Chub

Re: Pike pool 101 - Q&A with Dave Horton

Post by Tiercel »

Different to the norm, but a most enjoyable read, especially with the not so perfect grammar thrown in for good measure. :thumbs:

(Superb face)
Dale
LB
Inaugural Member
Inaugural Member

Post by LB »

Steve Hincks wrote:
Nice one Dave,
About time someone did another pool piece :thumbs:

I'd like to read something from you :thumbs:
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

LB wrote:
Steve Hincks wrote:
Nice one Dave,

Here here!

(Actually I gather WE may get the chance to "hear" him soon face)
LB
Inaugural Member
Inaugural Member

Post by LB »

Dave Horton wrote:
LB wrote:
Steve Hincks wrote:
Nice one Dave,

Here here!

Yes, I will be going to see Steve's talk this year :thumbs:
Steve Hincks
Chub
Chub

Post by Steve Hincks »

LB wrote:
Dave Horton wrote:
LB wrote:
Steve Hincks wrote:
Nice one Dave,

Here here!

Yes, I will be going to see Steve's talk this year :thumbs:
Iv'e already done a Q&A with nev in P&P so it would be to repetitive.
Quite looking forward to the talk, although I am slightly nervous I have to admit.
(It's coming along very nicely though face :thumbs: )
LB
Inaugural Member
Inaugural Member

Post by LB »

Very much looking forward to it Steve and I'm sure it will be very informative along with a few surprises :grin:
cookiesdaughtersdad
Zander
Zander

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad »

pete webster wrote:
Some sound advice in there as well as a great story, cheers Dave and OCD :thumbs:
:laughs:

I would like to thank Andy for finishing that off for us all, adding the pictures etc, cheers mate :thumbs:

I think we all agree that pike, when located can be rather easy to catch if conditions are favourable, there are a few anglers that consistently get those most important "catch factors" right and in pike angling terms, Dave is right up there with the very best, "ever" :wink: he also happens to be a rather nice chap :thumbs:
I still love that image of the young Horton cycling along with a dead pike strapped to his handlebars :laughs: :thumbs:
Thanks again for sharing Dave :shake:

Cheers Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
pete webster wrote:
Some sound advice in there as well as a great story, cheers Dave and OCD :thumbs:

I would like to thank Andy for finishing that off for us all, adding the pictures etc, cheers mate :thumbs:

I think we all agree that pike, when located can be rather easy to catch if conditions are favourable, there are a few anglers that consistently get those most important "catch factors" right and in pike angling terms, Dave is right up there with the very best, "ever" :wink: he also happens to be a rather nice chap :thumbs:
I still love that image of the young Horton cycling along with a dead pike strapped to his handlebars :laughs: :thumbs:

Cheers Alan
You're genuinely welcome Alan, As Rob Shallcroft mentioned, the questions were good and thus easy to answer.
Conversely John Currie's brief for the pikelines piece I've contributed recently was far more difficult to respond to (no critisism of John by the way - it was just a far more challenging task to me) and actually resulted in a couple of bouts of writers block for my first time ever. Yes I know I'm not a real writer by the way but I failed to conjur up a more appropriate term.
I'm fully aware I provoke a negative response from some on here so it's particularly pleasing to see that this has apparently been well received.

(Thanks ofcourse to Alan and Andrew face)
cookiesdaughtersdad
Zander
Zander

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad »

Dave Horton wrote:
cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
pete webster wrote:

Cheers Alan
You're genuinely welcome Alan, As Rob Shallcroft mentioned, the questions were good and thus easy to answer.
Conversely John Currie's brief for the pikelines piece I've contributed recently was far more difficult to respond to (no critisism of John by the way - it was just a far more challenging task to me) and actually resulted in a couple of bouts of writers block for my first time ever. Yes I know I'm not a real writer by the way but I failed to conjur up a more appropriate term.
I'm fully aware I provoke a negative response from some on here so it's particularly pleasing to see that this has apparently been well received.

(Thanks ofcourse to Alan and Andrew face)
As do I and of course so do many others, we wont see eye to eye with all of the people all of the time but if you can stay true to yourself and behave as you would face to face you can then at least keep it real, unlike some :wink:
You of course have made the big mistake of catching so many big fish, angling social media suicide :laughs:

Cheers Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.
peterwicklow
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by peterwicklow »

Very nice reading,wish you few more thirties Dave and some 40's too