Monts
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Rio fly line damaged

Post by Monts » Tue Dec 10 2019 22:13

mart_mscustomlures wrote:
Monts wrote:
spittlebug wrote:
Hi, search for Maxcatch website (sign up for offers, like discount codes) or Maxcatch on Aliexpress.
Its where they sell there stuff. Rather than bulk orders or samples.

Bob

ps or eBay.

I hadn't orderd from Aliexpress until last week. I've been looking about a various fibre glass rods in a 4#.But most were around £300.00.Someone mentioned at having a look at the Aventick glass rods. I came across an American fly forum for glass rods and they seemed well thought of. So I orderd one, coming in at around £70.00 If I don't like it, it's not going to break the bank. Only downside is the delivery is 20-40 working days.
Not a bad little rod that 4wt, the 5wt is decent too bit more of a classic glass action rather then the more modern s-glass slightly faster action.
The maxcatch 7' #3 is a good little rod too but the #6 is god dam awful so far out of balance that it's just not enjoyable. I've a few glass rods I've built myself as well, recently built a haldin 88 which is a great light pike outfit.

Back on topic re lines I got myself a maxcatch outbound short copy last year as a bass line should I ever get around to going, haven't used it that much but it flies out the rings. Think it was around £12 from Aliexpress but it only comes as a floating line

I got it today, it looks OK for the money.
4# (2).JPG
With the amount of rain forecast to come over the next ten days, my main rivers will be in the fields again. So I'll be on a couple of small streams with it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you wanna go fishing go fishing.- John Gierach

thueske
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by thueske » Thu Dec 26 2019 18:16

Today I received a new line from the RIO headquarters in the USA. I have to say their customer service is top notch.

lakefisher
Roach
Roach

Post by lakefisher » Fri Dec 27 2019 00:59

Be sure to save the box and the plastic spool - you will likely need to contact RIO headquarters again.