delboy
Barbel
Barbel

THE MODERN DAY CARP ANGLER

Post by delboy » Tue Sep 29 2020 14:37

DSCF2966.JPG
DSCF2967.JPG
DSCF2969.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.

Mercman
Chub
Chub

Re: THE MODERN DAY CARP ANGLER

Post by Mercman » Tue Sep 29 2020 19:30

I wouldn't call it modern, it might be your "Modern" but not mine you haven't even got a Delkim, no TV in the bivvy, no solar powered charger you are so behind the times... :wink:
Delboy is actually now 66 years old.

Cyprio
Perch
Perch

Post by Cyprio » Tue Sep 29 2020 20:13

Mercman wrote:
I wouldn't call it modern, it might be your "Modern" but not mine you haven't even got a Delkim, no TV in the bivvy, no solar powered charger you are so behind the times... :wink:
I thought it was going to be another post from Andyhammer :clown:

Hope Del wasn’t reading his new book under the canvas :laughs:
Andy Carpenter

martin(rockape)
Chub
Chub

Post by martin(rockape) » Tue Sep 29 2020 21:33

Is your brolly leaking?

Regards

Martin

John Milford
Zander
Zander

Post by John Milford » Tue Sep 29 2020 22:25

My carp angling got more modern this season.

(I now have Mitchell 300As on my Bruce & Walker MkIV Gs instead of 300s). :pipe:
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "

Monts
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Monts » Wed Sep 30 2020 08:22

I can't seem to get a voice out of my head as if it's bellowing 'Haaaarrrooollldddd'. Nice set up Del, Thinking Tackle beckons as a star guest. :thumbs:
If you wanna go fishing go fishing.- John Gierach

rapsy
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by rapsy » Wed Sep 30 2020 08:58

Rods too far off the ground, reels do not match, and no folded handles. Its a sin!

John Milford
Zander
Zander

Post by John Milford » Wed Sep 30 2020 09:47

delboy wrote:
DSCF2966.JPGDSCF2967.JPGDSCF2969.JPG
Did Hyacinth Bucket crochet those little doilies for your bite alarms Mick? :clown: Very posh! :thumbs:
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "

davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb » Wed Sep 30 2020 10:45

John Milford wrote:
delboy wrote:
Did Hyacinth Bucket crochet those little doilies for your bite alarms Mick? :clown: Very posh! :thumbs:
I thought they were Rainmates. :grin:

John Milford
Zander
Zander

Post by John Milford » Wed Sep 30 2020 12:43

davelumb wrote:
John Milford wrote:
delboy wrote:
I thought they were Rainmates. :grin:
All the old dears used to wear those when I was a kid - even when it wasn't raining! :laughs:

Joking apart, covering some older bite alarms when it's raining heavily isn't a bad idea.

My Optonics don't seem to mind heavy rain, but they really don't like a dunking.

A very strong gust of wind blew my front tripod over on Sunday and tipped mine into the drink! :eek:

There is something quite disturbingly haunting about the forlorn wail of a pair of Optonics in their death throes. :pale:

(I took them apart and left them by a radiator overnight, and happily they're now fully recovered from their ordeal. :grin: )

delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Post by delboy » Wed Sep 30 2020 14:43

martin(rockape) wrote:
Is your brolly leaking?

Regards

Martin
Never had a brolly that didn't leak,the one I got out of the skip leaked like a sieve .................................................................could be why it was in there

delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Post by delboy » Wed Sep 30 2020 14:48

That reminds me of back home when I was working,The carp angler who lived a few doors away had put a proper good one out for the dustmen,I started work at 4am then,f**k me it had sides on it and everything happy days....................................still leaked though

delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Post by delboy » Wed Sep 30 2020 14:53

John Milford wrote:
delboy wrote:
If I strike the f*****s fly off and I spend the rest of the day looking for them,happy days,its like a game for me

John Milford
Zander
Zander

Post by John Milford » Wed Sep 30 2020 15:24

delboy wrote:
John Milford wrote:
delboy wrote:
If I strike the f*****s fly off and I spend the rest of the day looking for them,happy days,its like a game for me
:laughs: :thumbs:

I used to spend most of my early fishing days looking for the sqezy bottle tops that flew off when I struck!

(Back in those days, you could walk round to the bank the wind was blowing into and scoop up as many as you wanted). :wink:

davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb » Wed Sep 30 2020 15:27

John Milford wrote:
delboy wrote:
John Milford wrote:
delboy wrote:

I used to spend most of my early fishing days looking for the sqezy bottle tops that flew off when I struck!

(Back in those days, you could walk round to the bank the wind was blowing into and scoop up as many as you wanted). :wink:
I thought the point of Fairly Liquid tops was that you could lock them together so they didn't fly off, but you could undo them for casting. :shrug:

John Milford
Zander
Zander

Post by John Milford » Wed Sep 30 2020 15:35

davelumb wrote:
John Milford wrote:
delboy wrote:
John Milford wrote:
delboy wrote:

I thought the point of Fairly Liquid tops was that you could lock them together so they didn't fly off, but you could undo them for casting. :shrug:
I didn't like clipping mine on Dave - after one or two close shaves where they ring-wrapped the line as I picked the rod up! :afraid:

davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb » Wed Sep 30 2020 15:38

John Milford wrote:
davelumb wrote:
John Milford wrote:
delboy wrote:
John Milford wrote:
delboy wrote:

I didn't like clipping mine on Dave - after one or two close shaves where they ring-wrapped the line as i picked the rod up! :afraid:
I clipped them on for tench, but used to leave them open for piking and had one tangle up and jam in the butt ring - thankfully resulting in a dropped run rather than a lost rod! Went on to my home made tubes (pat.pen. :laughs: ) after that.

Lee7499
Perch
Perch

Post by Lee7499 » Wed Sep 30 2020 20:03

martin(rockape) wrote:
Is your brolly leaking?

Regards

Martin
Don't you recognise the new Savage predator brolly twin skin when you see one :laughs:
In the end, it’s not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

Lee Hall

Oldskoolfool
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by Oldskoolfool » Sun Oct 04 2020 12:52

I used to use some white split plastic tubes designed to cover radiator pipes - great indicators. If windy add knitting needle stabilizer!! I used to use bottle tops and add weight by pushing a drilled bullet into the bottom them was the days. Alternatively just use a float.....

delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Post by delboy » Sun Oct 04 2020 13:10

Ah ,but do you still use them now,? I wonder

Oldskoolfool
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by Oldskoolfool » Tue Oct 06 2020 15:28

Yep I do still work along with a aged pair of NW self built rods. Ain't broke don't change it!
I did get asked by a young upcoming carper which brand supplied them!! Oh the fun of leading them on - still catching on my high carbohydrate wafter bait (bread flake) under my positive displacement indicator (float) my organic self actuating high protein bait (worm)

delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Post by delboy » Tue Oct 06 2020 16:18

f**k me boy,you lost me there as well

John Milford
Zander
Zander

Post by John Milford » Tue Oct 06 2020 17:27

Oldskoolfool wrote:
Yep I do still work along with a aged pair of NW self built rods.
Low modulus vitreous fibre? :pipe:

Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff » Tue Oct 06 2020 23:16

Thats not modern :roll:

This is modern and I still use it :wink:
CED4524A-DA33-4255-880F-3913AB3F2CF5_1_201_a.jpeg
Grant :smile:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grant Everson

What people say there going todo and what they actually do is two completely different things :wink:

I know a lot about a bit of stuff and a bit about a lot of stuff :wink:

I upset some guys because I tell it as it is :wink:

piker al
Chub
Chub

Post by piker al » Wed Oct 14 2020 20:19

Pukka Del Boy!!

delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Post by delboy » Sat Oct 17 2020 16:23

I am going to upgrade some of my tackle,I am going from a small umbrella that leaks to a big umbrella that leaks.......how come every f*****g umbrella that someone gives me leaks....whats that all about ?..Even the ones I get out of skips leak,anyway used nearly a whole tube of fantastic elastic from my most favourite shop,ie the pound shop,now I am spoilt for choice now I willlook the b******s now when I'm on the bank....
DSCF3008.JPG
DSCF3009.JPG

Mercman
Chub
Chub

Post by Mercman » Sat Oct 17 2020 21:10

Why do you keep all that old s**t, just go and buy yourself a brand new brolley....job done
Delboy is actually now 66 years old.

martin(rockape)
Chub
Chub

Post by martin(rockape) » Sat Oct 17 2020 22:41

Stick some insulating tape over any holes, I did just that with my Nubrollie and after several years I replaced it with some clear gorrilla tape.

Having said that I don't use it anymore having bought a much lighter brolly with storm sides.

Regards

Martin