Tinca Time!

The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
cookiesdaughtersdad
Zander
Zander

Re: Tinca Time!

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad »

pikerholic2 wrote:
Only fished Friday pm till last night ,. Had a season best of 9.12 , close but no cigar! Had another 18 tench all over six pound
image.jpg
Cracking fishing that :thumbs: you mustnt complain but a few more ounces would be nice and I would guess with this cool summer, there's a little more room in them yet :wink:

Cheers Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.
Jason Skilton
Zander
Zander

Post by Jason Skilton »

I've taken on board the great tinca hunters idea aka Dave Lumb :worthy: and switched one rod to cr*p tactic & bait :red: ........7 bream and two tench on that rod :laughs:
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Jason Skilton wrote:
I've taken on board the great tinca hunters idea aka Dave Lumb :worthy: and switched one rod to cr*p tactic & bait :red: ........7 bream and two tench on that rod :laughs:
It's sad, isn't it. :sad:
Jason Skilton
Zander
Zander

Post by Jason Skilton »

davelumb wrote:
Jason Skilton wrote:
It's sad, isn't it. :sad:
It is considering that the inline feeder with three maggots on the hook fished over a bed of dead red, hemp and corn didn't get a touch.....unlike late in the day. The fish loved the new 14mm boilies which were given to me by a local bait roller :cool:

I do reckon though the tench on other lakes would prefer the grubs in preference to boilies if carp weren't present
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Jason Skilton wrote:
I do reckon though the tench on other lakes would prefer the grubs in preference to boilies if carp weren't present
I don't think it's that simple. On one lake that was carp fished I caught the majority of my tench on fake casters/maggot feeder and I think one on a boilie. At another 'carp' water it was fifty/fifty(ish). :shrug:
Jason Skilton
Zander
Zander

Post by Jason Skilton »

It only it was that simple.....I suppose it depends on the natural food and the pressure from each species....
dannytaylor
Barbel
Barbel

Post by dannytaylor »

Tench are the most fickle fish I've fished for. Each season has been completely different, with different bait preferences, feeding times, favoured areas etc

Casters have been the winning bait for me this season, mini boilies have scored for a mate. Frustrating but it makes for interesting fishing.
Jason Skilton
Zander
Zander

Post by Jason Skilton »

A couple of tench for me over the weekend and one yesterday :grin: . Couldn't get a bite on maggot, corn, casters etc :roll: ....they just love this type of boilie I using.....trouble is so do the bream and carp! :laughs:
piker al
Barbel
Barbel

Post by piker al »

Awesome tinca fishing the pikerholic!!!!
pikerholic2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by pikerholic2 »

Probably caught my biggest tench of the season on weds morning , well over 10 lb , ( spawned out)but it was on two tiger nuts , 17 lb line , 3.5 lb carp rod , I only had 60 lb scales with me and a carp/ weigh sling retainer,
As glumby says " it's just not cricket"

Same lake as I was tenching in the spring, so one I failed to catch,
Last edited by pikerholic2 on Sat Jul 23 2016 21:31, edited 2 times in total.
Crack Hargreaves...........far out of town.

Mr godfrey I post mostly drivel
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

pikerholic2 wrote:
Probably caught my biggest tench of the season on weds morning , well over 10 lb , ( spawned out)but it was on two tiger nuts , 17 lb line , 3.5 lb carp rod , I only had 60 lb scales with me and a carp/ weigh sling retainer,
As glumby saye " it's just not cricket"

Same lake as I was tenching in the spring, so one I failed to catch,
C'est la vie. :sad: