Thats the lot

The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Thats the lot

Post by suffolk si »

Being a bit sad and living in the past, i have been watching the great rod race for the millionth time on shed this year and thought it would be a little goal of mine to catch the last few remaining freashwater species that i dont have under my belt this year.
They were as follows, zander, grayling, barbel and annoyingly a bullhead!
Well the bullhead came locally without too much grief, the grayling involved a "summer holiday with the mrs" and he zander and barbel involved a fair amount of travel and help from the great and the good of the pit.
Anyway thanks to a pit member's generosity i got a couple of beards under my belt yesterday, the first one being this beauty just ounces off ten pounds, not huge (infact my host was surprised we didnt get any bigger!).What a scrap, i was laughing like john Wilson during the fight. Thanks again to my "guide"and hopefully i will be back for some doubles, barbel really are a fantastic fish in my opinion, real shame about the otter population over my way pretty much destroying them locally.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Thats the lot

Post by delboy »

Happy days boy,Careful you will be watching Delboy/Rigsby/On the buse's and Heartbeat soon..............................................like me :thumbs:
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Have you ticked off the bitterling? :joker:
suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Post by suffolk si »

Not on Mick or mats list Dave thankfully!used to have some in a tank years ago, are they native and present anywhere now? Caught a pumpkinseed once which was pretty random
suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Post by suffolk si »

I forgot how old the shed repeats of alot of fishing programs are del!
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

suffolk si wrote: Thu Sep 07 2017 13:05 -
Not on Mick or mats list Dave thankfully!used to have some in a tank years ago, are they native and present anywhere now? Caught a pumpkinseed once which was pretty random
Never having watched the rod race programme I wouldn't know what is on their list!

There used to be numbers of bitterling in the Lancaster canal. Not sure if they are still present.
dannytaylor
Barbel
Barbel

Post by dannytaylor »

Well done si :thumbs:

I need a zander............

(I know a water thats teeming with bitterling at the moment, gorgeous little fish!)
suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Post by suffolk si »

Cheers Danny,it all comes down to geography really I guess,don't know about you but don't think there were zander within fifty miles of me,got some help from the power of the pit for mine, grayling probably gave me a bigger headache tbh,plus got me a grumpy wife lol
Cod
Perch
Perch

Post by Cod »

Congratulations Si.
Feels great when it all comes together, gives you a good confidence boost that can have a positive knock on effect. Your next few sessions should just fall into place on autopilot.
With a bit of luck face.
Last edited by Cod on Thu Sep 07 2017 21:14, edited 1 time in total.
Learning is a gift.
suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Post by suffolk si »

Cheers Paul,hope so.is a bit tougher around here than where those barbel swim around,also had the key ingredient there,some local knowledge,reckon more barbel in that one swim than the entire county of Norfolk put together now😢