The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
Kev Berry

Fly fishing for pike

Post by Kev Berry »

Your thoughts please on fly fishing for pike at this time of year
Kev Berry

Re: Fly fishing for pike

Post by Kev Berry »

18 views and no thoughts? I need some ammo to stop people bending a rule enabling them to fish for pike after the clubs enforced season ends
Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Nige Johns »

Tell them if they want to do it,to get on Chew etc :thumbs:
Nobby C
Chub
Chub

Post by Nobby C »

What's the rule that's being bent? Unless you state no pike fishing after such and such date, people can pike fish.
cookiesdaughtersdad
Zander
Zander

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad »

Kev Berry wrote: Mon May 21 2018 22:59 -
Your thoughts please on fly fishing for pike at this time of year
The same as it is at all times of year, its for those with an effeminate wiggle to their swagger!

Cheers ALan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.
piker60
Barbel
Barbel

Post by piker60 »

Kev Berry wrote: Tue May 22 2018 10:28 -
18 views and no thoughts? I need some ammo to stop people bending a rule enabling them to fish for pike after the clubs enforced season ends
Is it a river? If so, little can be done, unless the 'club rules' specifically ban pike fishing at this time of year. Didn't the late Charlie Bettel fly fish for sea-trout at this time of year?
"The best argument against democracy, is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter"
W.Churchill
It doesn't matter who you vote for the government still gets in.
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

piker60 wrote: Tue May 29 2018 10:25 -
Kev Berry wrote: Tue May 22 2018 10:28 -
Is it a river? If so, little can be done, unless the 'club rules' specifically ban pike fishing at this time of year. Didn't the late Charlie Bettel fly fish for sea-trout at this time of year?
no its a lake
I think Charlie lure fished for those sea trout
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

Waters (locally) haven't really warmed up yet, I see no problem. I think any rules should be based on common sense and local conditions, but certainly not on set dates.

My syndicate lake, 22 acres and over 30' deep in places is pretty relaxed about the pike fishing rules, especially lure fishing! The pike are thriving!!
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Kev
Why not implement a rule that states no pike fishing between April and September inclusive, and anyone wishing to fly or lure fish must use tackle specific to the species ie; no budgies and traces for Rudd.

Haul any transgressors before the committee;
1st offence = banned from fishing until October 1st.
2nd offence = banned for a calender year (during which the offender must be a member).
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus