The Stolen Fortnight

The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
Monts
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

The Stolen Fortnight

Post by Monts »

This popped into my head on the way into work today. How jealous I was of those Yorkshire anglers who had a two week head start on the rest of us.

Then the week after looking forward to the AM and AT to see what was caught. Sad thing is, it only seems like yesterday to me.

Christ I must be getting old.
If you wanna go fishing go fishing.- John Gierach
piker60
Barbel
Barbel

Re: The Stolen Fortnight

Post by piker60 »

Yes they were happy days on the 1st June. Used to fish the stillwaters more back then. Certain areas on the local river were still off-limits until late June (still are in the bye-laws) due to them being spawning areas. These days it doesn't stop the portable barbeque brigade though.
"The best argument against democracy, is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter"
W.Churchill
It doesn't matter who you vote for the government still gets in.
Monts
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Re: The Stolen Fortnight

Post by Monts »

piker60 wrote: Fri Jun 01 2018 13:37 -
Yes they were happy days on the 1st June. Used to fish the stillwaters more back then. Certain areas on the local river were still off-limits until late June (still are in the bye-laws) due to them being spawning areas. These days it doesn't stop the portable barbeque brigade though.
I was not aware certain areas of the river were off limits, what sticks in my mind was probably around 1985, I was still at school but the AM giving tips for "Crusting for Chub on the Swale" and looking at the pictures and thinking "lucky sods".
If you wanna go fishing go fishing.- John Gierach