Sea fishing East Coast

The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
darknickyblue
Stickleback
Stickleback

Sea fishing East Coast

Post by darknickyblue »

Hi all..i live in east Anglia and am going away to the east coast..anyone recommend any hotspots..[removed].anywhere nice n deep close in/with a pier since il be using carp rods to cast
DizzyDave
Chub
Chub

Re: Sea fishing East Coast

Post by DizzyDave »

So you will be casting a 4oz lead say 170yds?
darknickyblue
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by darknickyblue »

3.5lb test curve so something similar really yes
Duncan Holmes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Duncan Holmes »

darknickyblue wrote: Tue Jul 17 2018 16:13 -
Hi all..i live in east Anglia and am going away to the east coast..anyone recommend any hotspots..[removed]..anywhere nice n deep close in/with a pier since il be using carp rods to cast
That's a big area between felixstowe and cromer and you can catxh fish at any loint you can access the beach.

Find a flat Sandy beach, and fish behind the 2nd breaker on an incoming tide. Fish lugworm and you will catch fish.

There are hotspots, but tbh they often change as the sand is constantly on the move along the east Anglian coast.

You don't need deep water, that's a myth for most summer species.
"The opinions expressed in any of my posts are my own and do not reflect the view of the any organisation that I may be associated with."
Duncan Holmes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Duncan Holmes »

darknickyblue wrote: Tue Jul 17 2018 17:21 -
3.5lb test curve so something similar really yes
You are not going to put a bait anywhere near 170 yards, not with any bait left intact anyway.

Forget about blasting to the horizon, unless you know the exact position of a gulley. Close in will be more consistent.
"The opinions expressed in any of my posts are my own and do not reflect the view of the any organisation that I may be associated with."
darknickyblue
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by darknickyblue »

I was thinking [removed] docks...deep water close in and near sunrise/sunset..unless there is any absolute hotspot elsewhere i guess that looks do-able. I am aware that you get different species in different locations..like if you fish close to the wash it is shallow and therefor not as many cod
Duncan Holmes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Duncan Holmes »

darknickyblue wrote: Tue Jul 17 2018 19:35 -
I was thinking [removed] docks...deep water close in and near sunrise/sunset..unless there is any absolute hotspot elsewhere i guess that looks do-able. I am aware that you get different species in different locations..like if you fish close to the wash it is shallow and therefor not as many cod
You're welcome mate, no problem if you need any more info don't be afraid to ask.

:wave: