Dead barbel log

The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
Neville Fickling
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Dead barbel log

Post by Neville Fickling »

Would anyone who spots a dead barbel on the Trent please log it here. time location size and number seen at site. i had a look this morning at Gainsborough. Admittedly the nearest regularly barbel fished stretch is at Marton 4 miles upstream so the fact that I noted more vodka bottles than barbel means little. i bottle no barbel. The progression of barbel down the Trent depends very much on the wind direction. a straight south will encourage dead barbel to travel further downstream. Any other direction and dead barbel may be washed to the bank where scavengers will remove. Very difficult too assess degree of mortality.
Happy to be alive!!!!
Kev Berry

Re: Dead barbel log

Post by Kev Berry »

Neville Fickling wrote: Sat Jul 28 2018 09:00 -
Would anyone who spots a dead barbel on the Trent please log it here. time location size and number seen at site. i had a look this morning at Gainsborough. Admittedly the nearest regularly barbel fished stretch is at Marton 4 miles upstream so the fact that I noted more vodka bottles than barbel means little. i bottle no barbel. The progression of barbel down the Trent depends very much on the wind direction. a straight south will encourage dead barbel to travel further downstream. Any other direction and dead barbel may be washed to the bank where scavengers will remove. Very difficult too assess degree of mortality.
so all the clubs who have recognised the EA advice to shut down the barbel fishing are just running round like headless chickens are they?

How very clever to instigate a barbel watch (just to show how clever you are) AFTER we have just had heavy rain and plenty more on its way

Pity you didn't do it 3 weeks ago if you were that skeptical :roll:

and seeing how as most of the RESPONSIBLE Trent anglers wont be on the Trent very much, and as there are very few Trent anglers on here---its going to be about as useful as the Big pike list :lol:
Neville Fickling
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Ah so there's no one on the river reporting dead barbel, yet according to you there are loads. I'm confused!
Happy to be alive!!!!
Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Nige Johns »

We don’t need another list :laughs:
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Neville Fickling wrote: Sat Jul 28 2018 09:47 -
Ah so there's no one on the river reporting dead barbel, yet according to you there are loads. I'm confused!
oh dear, we have another groundhog day

Members of clubs are reporting seeing LOTS of dead barbel to their relevant committees---these clubs have finally decided along with the EA that it is in the best interests of the barbel to shut the river

does that not tell you something, it tells me there have been a lot of dead barbel seen, my customers have reported seeing them, Alans customers have seen them, would seem only you doubt it.
There are 7 weirs between up here and you down there where you are, a million bends in the river, anglers and predators who may pull out dead barbel. Yet because you havnt seen any barbel in the 5 minutes you sat on the bridge --there arnt any :roll:

Look on Trent Anglers FB page---a chap reported having 3 dead barbel in his swim at the same time at Collingham a few weeks back, they probably still there as according to you they just go up and down with the tide
Neville Fickling
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Ah but if you were interested you'd be logging each report. we know how you exaggerate things Kev you've been picked up on that before with your er...... catches. So get logging Kev.
Happy to be alive!!!!
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Any angler finding or seeing any dead fish has a responsibility to report them to the EA.
Their second action should be to make a similar report to the relevant Angling Club or the Riparian owner.
The third action could be to send a copy to the Angling Trust.
A forth action could be to send a copy to the National Body most interested in the species.

Only then should the angler consider contributing data to a log, list, survey or whatever set up by a private individual or group (simply because you do not know how your information may be used in the future).
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Neville Fickling
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

I think thats fair comment Mike, but the debates on here and I'm dealing with a notorious bull shitter here.
Happy to be alive!!!!
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Oh please act like an adult and let it be.

If everything was put before St Peter everyone would be guilty of some indiscretion or other, even Izaak himself.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Neville Fickling
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Ah advice from the unidentified person.............................
Happy to be alive!!!!
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

But heartfelt advice all the same, and from someone who has no axe to grind.

Sometimes its a good idea to just take a step back and try and see yourself as others see you.

:shake:
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Neville Fickling wrote: Sat Jul 28 2018 11:09 -
I think thats fair comment Mike, but the debates on here and I'm dealing with a notorious bull shitter here.
Listen up pal, like I have said to all the others that have accused me of bullshit------out with it
Neville Fickling
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Kev Berry wrote: Sat Jul 28 2018 11:51 -
Listen up pal, like I have said to all the others that have accused me of bullshit------out with it
there you go more of it! By the way you started With the personal insults which are a stupid waste of time whether its me or you giving them. I've just shown you that reap what you sow sometimes.
Happy to be alive!!!!
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Neville Fickling wrote: Sat Jul 28 2018 11:59 -
there you go more of it! By the way you started With the personal insults which are a stupid waste of time whether its me or you giving them. I've just shown you that reap what you sow sometimes.
personal insults-----where?

everything I have said about you Neville, the nepotism, the sweeping under the carpet etc is true, not insults its what you have done --- you know it, and you also know how I know it.
Neville Fickling
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Kev Berry wrote: Sat Jul 28 2018 12:13 -

everything I have said about you Neville, the nepotism, the sweeping under the carpet etc is true, not insults its what you have done --- you know it, and you also know how I know it.
Well I'd dispute that. you made a lot of allegations about Chew over the years none of which stood up to scrutiny. Someone who is so dishonest about other people is hardly someone I'd listen too.
Happy to be alive!!!!
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

Nev i dont know why you bother with him. Just seems to be perpetually angry at something. you know its a fruitles endevour trying to talk to him without it turning in to a drama.

At least you seems to be trying to do 'something' :thumbs:
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Neville Fickling wrote: Sat Jul 28 2018 12:32 -
Kev Berry wrote: Sat Jul 28 2018 12:13 -

Well I'd dispute that. you made a lot of allegations about Chew over the years none of which stood up to scrutiny. Someone who is so dishonest about other people is hardly someone I'd listen too.
you can dispute what you like Neville---you know what I know, and you know I have promised not to tell---but feck me you getting close

allegations about Chew not standing upto scrutiny? oh really! :laughs: who did the scrutinising?
lets see---I kicked off about the tackle people were using (sea rods, bells, no or inadequate mat, etc etc) ---you didn't did you, not a feckin peep, not one. I wonder why? I didnt just slag you off though Neville, I slagged off the "big names" who also said feck all in case they didn't get a ticket---only one well known angler to my knowledge did---and I warned him that I had been banned for slagging Chew off, that was your nemesis who put the fish before glory first.
I drew notice to a number of large fyke nets drying out on the boat ramp----lets see, how many denied they were there?, how many said I was lying? (Alan was with me as well, was he lying as well ?) how many said the could categorically swear that no nets had ever been used?---finally several years later Chew admitted using them-- purportedly to catch some tench :laughs:

now tell me-----what else hasn't stood up to scrutiny?
Neville Fickling
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

None of what you've just said changes anything. Go on you have my permission to reveal all. I even promise not to sue you. Hows that for an offer made in public?
Happy to be alive!!!!
Neville Fickling
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Andrew Croft wrote: Sat Jul 28 2018 12:36 -
Nev i dont know why you bother with him. Just seems to be perpetually angry at something. you know its a fruitles endevour trying to talk to him without it turning in to a drama.

I only argue with him when I'm bored.
Happy to be alive!!!!
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Neville Fickling wrote: Sat Jul 28 2018 13:52 -
None of what you've just said changes anything. Go on you have my permission to reveal all. I even promise not to sue you. Hows that for an offer made in public?
so you cant say what was found wanting about Chew then?

you cant sue me for anything---
heres an easy one for you

its what you did(nt) do ---because of you not wanting to take things further someone who wrongly claimed thousands for expenses (and was paid them) wasn't prosecuted nor made to pay them back---why was that?

that's just one thing Neville--the rest of what I know really dosnt want airing does it?
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Andrew Croft wrote: Sat Jul 28 2018 12:36 -

you---can feck off :yours:
Neville Fickling
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Kev Berry wrote: Sat Jul 28 2018 14:16 -

its what you did(nt) do ---because of you not wanting to take things further someone who wrongly claimed thousands for expenses (and was paid them) wasn't prosecuted nor made to pay them back---why was that?

that's just one thing Neville--the rest of what I know really dosnt want airing does it?
Go on I've got broad shoulders!!!
Happy to be alive!!!!
Neville Fickling
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Anyone noticed not one dead barbel has been logged on here and 99% of Pikers Pit members have now either killed themselves or gone to become trappist monks..................
Happy to be alive!!!!
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Neville Fickling wrote: Sat Jul 28 2018 14:31 -
Anyone noticed not one dead barbel has been logged on here and 99% of Pikers Pit members have now either killed themselves or gone to become trappist monks..................
has anyone noticed its been raining
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Neville Fickling wrote: Sat Jul 28 2018 14:29 -
Kev Berry wrote: Sat Jul 28 2018 14:16 -

Go on I've got broad shoulders!!!
does that mean you are admitting you swept false claims for expenses under the carpet?
Neville Fickling
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

no i want to know what the big sin i've committed is that you've not mentioned yet.
Happy to be alive!!!!
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

Neville Fickling wrote: Sat Jul 28 2018 15:09 -
no i want to know what the big sin i've committed is that you've not mentioned yet.
Let me guess. He has dirt on you nev ? Pay no attention he used to threaten me with "what he knows"
Neville Fickling
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

I've given him the chance here to spill the beans and promised not to sue. It is an open goal but will he put the ball in the net, or the boot in my head?
Happy to be alive!!!!
Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Nige Johns »

I can just see the headlines in the rags next week,
Saint Neville invents a list for logging dead fish
I’m bored also :grin:
Neville Fickling
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout