Caleta De fuste

The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
fergie68
Barbel
Barbel

Caleta De fuste

Post by fergie68 »

I've been before years ago. I just remember seeing mullet. I didn't fish.
After fishing from the rocks in Lanzarote last year I'm thinking about having a go here.
Anyone fished here โ“
ALL FEROX ARE BROWN TROUT BUT NOT ALL BROWN TROUT ARE FEROX "

FEROX 85 GROUP
fishandy
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Re: Caleta De fuste

Post by fishandy »

yes mate it can be really good ,theres a brilliant tackle shop called gonefishing ran by a man called aram ,he will be able to tell you all you need to know ,you can go on his gonefishing facebook page and also worth a look is world seafishing forum both are excellent sites for information but it will all come down to the weather I have had whole weeks and not been able to fish because of the wind and swell but when it fishes well it can be awesome
fergie68
Barbel
Barbel

Post by fergie68 »

Cheers it will only be one day if at all as i want to spend the time with the wife so standard canaries tackle float fishing off rocks.?

FEROX 85 GROUP
fishandy
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by fishandy »

ther are a multitude of small fish from the rocks small hooks and squid for bait and also plenty of mullet on bread if you fish a little further out go for a walk along the costal path and see how the locals fish ,if you go to the point near the elba hotel take a banana with you the chipmonks will chase you down the path to get to it
fergie68
Barbel
Barbel

Post by fergie68 »

Haha I'd forgotten about the chipmunks. There was a place selling peanuts to feed them when I was there.. And I now remember that rocky area. Perfect for a bit of float fishing. Cheers. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

FEROX 85 GROUP
fishandy
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by fishandy »

bananas but only the skin not the fruit
Kevin O'Keeffe
Charity Fundraiser
Charity Fundraiser

Post by Kevin O'Keeffe »

I went last September. Found the rock fishing disappointing. Locals advised spear fishing had ruined the sport for larger species however fishing small hooks and squid caught plenty of small fish which was fun for a while. Tiddler bashing basically. Plently of small wrasse etc.

We chartered a boat for an afternoon via Aram which was good.... Skip jacks and Bonito not too far off shore but the gear we where using was a bit over gunned until he put a light jig rod out with a weighted muppet bouncing in the engine wash... much more fun. We saw a few mahi mahi following hooked fish so a lure rod handy would be taken next time! We even had a skipjack nailed by an 8ft dolphin which was mad for a while! Lots of other species out there so you never know what you may hit. Arams FB page is full of his catches which are impressive.

We spent hours with lures off the rocks with only one large needle fish follow to show for our efforts. No hits at all.
Loads of Mullet etc around the harbour but we didn't go for them.

A walk out of town along the coast past Arams shop and then on past the shopping centre takes you to a rocky coastline with deep water at your feet. Go at an hour before low tide and fish it to get the lie of the land. Unfishable in any swell though, too dangerous. Gets a lot of attention from locals but we didn't see anyone catch anything of note.

Mullet and tiddler bashing... or book a boat trip IMO.
Love the hit!
fergie68
Barbel
Barbel

Post by fergie68 »

Boat trip will be out. Are you allowed to fish for the harbour mullet. โ“ Most other places I've been have no fishing signs up all round the harbours.

FEROX 85 GROUP
Kevin O'Keeffe
Charity Fundraiser
Charity Fundraiser

Post by Kevin O'Keeffe »

Didn't see any no fishing signs on the outer side and saw a couple of kids fishing in the harbour but... I would guess its a no.

One thing to be aware of is they are looking at banning angling and commercial fishing around the majority of the island!!!! Though I welcome some restrictions a total ban will hit angling tourism hard.
Love the hit!
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Kevin O'Keeffe wrote: โ†‘Fri Jan 31 2020 10:54 -
Didn't see any no fishing signs on the outer side and saw a couple of kids fishing in the harbour but... I would guess its a no.

One thing to be aware of is they are looking at banning angling and commercial fishing around the majority of the island!!!! Though I welcome some restrictions a total ban will hit angling tourism hard.

Any ban on casual angling will probably be summer only and aimed at getting visiting anglers onboard the charter boats (which can be purchased with an EU grant as long as its over 6m). Of course visitors wont be informed its summer only, the same way size limits dont apply if your a local.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
fergie68
Barbel
Barbel

Post by fergie68 »

I'm back. Didn't bother with the rod. No Angling within the marina. Which is to be expected. There were plenty people fishing off the rocks on either side of the town. On the calm days it looked perfect and if I go again I will pack the travel rod.

FEROX 85 GROUP
Kevin O'Keeffe
Charity Fundraiser
Charity Fundraiser

Post by Kevin O'Keeffe »

Check out Arun,s facebook page Mike..I think its worse than that.

gone fishing fuerteventura
Love the hit!