Poaching on the river Test

The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
GAVIN H
Zander
Zander

Poaching on the river Test

Post by GAVIN H »

I,ve read poaching has gotten very bad on the Test. Normally game rivers are well policed but i,ve read of ballifs being chased in cars, having to move house, pictures sent to them of their children, death threats. Absolute scum the people doing this. Whats happening to this country?
Jagermaster
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Re: Poaching on the river Test

Post by Jagermaster »

Good morning mate. I think it's just a general decline in morals and to much entitlement. A hundred years ago 19 year old men were climbing out of trenches and marching towards a machine nest in France. With the other option being shot in the head for cowardice. Now days the same age group are worrying about the death of a man at the hands of the police in another country and working out how to get the maximum amounts of benefits from the system.

I think as a species we have lost perspective.

One of the many reasons I moved to Sweden. It was like going back in time morally.
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

"One of the many reasons I moved to Sweden. It was like going back in time morally."

Me to, its why I moved to Iberia.
Two men caught trying to abduct a young child in a country village, when the Police turned up the two were hanging from a tree in the square, when questioned not a single witness could be found to how they got there. Bodies removed, end of!
Another death where an old boy blew away a begger who wouldn't leave his door step, no arrest, no court case, Police unloaded the shotgun and only took away the empty cartridge and the body.
If your caught fishing without a licence they take away (and happily will) anything associated with the offence which includes your transport and outdoor clothes.

Couldn't leave England alone tho, the seasons and our countryside, nothing can compare.

Last edited by Mike J on Tue Jun 23 2020 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Jagermaster wrote: Tue Jun 23 2020 06:33 -
Good morning mate. I think it's just a general decline in morals and to much entitlement. A hundred years ago 19 year old men were climbing out of trenches and marching towards a machine nest in France. With the other option being shot in the head for cowardice. Now days the same age group are worrying about the death of a man at the hands of the police in another country and working out how to get the maximum amounts of benefits from the system.

One of the many reasons I moved to Sweden. It was like going back in time morally.
"A hundred years ago 19 year old men were climbing out of trenches and marching towards a machine nest in France. With the other option being shot in the head for cowardice. "

Ah, the good old days...
Mercman
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mercman »

davelumb wrote: Tue Jun 23 2020 11:41 -

"A hundred years ago 19 year old men were climbing out of trenches and marching towards a machine nest in France. With the other option being shot in the head for cowardice. "

Ah, the good old days...
:laughs: :laughs: :laughs:
Ray Waker
Jagermaster
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Jagermaster »

Ah, the good old days...

Spoken like a true Lord Flashheart!!

Woof woof.😁😁
GAVIN H
Zander
Zander

Post by GAVIN H »

How is Sweden different "morally" to uk jager, genuinely interested. I know sweden has considerable problems with immigration so how does it differ to the uk?
Jagermaster
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Jagermaster »

GAVIN H wrote: Tue Jun 23 2020 20:21 -

How is Sweden different "morally" to uk jager, genuinely interested. I know sweden has considerable problems with immigration so how does it differ to the uk?
Good morning mate.

Sweden does have its problems that's for sure. But it's also 3 times the size of the UK and has 1/6th the population. The immigration issues are mostly in Malmo and that is 800km south of where I live. The nearest city to me is Sundsvall and that is about 30mins drive.

I come from Hastings and the difference between here and there is night and day. (For me anyway. I realize it's subjective).

So the difference are things like , We sleep with the front door to the house unlocked. I leave the keys in my van at night. No one has ever tried to break into my van or steal my tools (I'm a carpenter) even when we have gone for lunch and left them out. (Try that in Hastings). There is hardly any litter or fly tipping. I don't see constant FB posts of stolen crossers or Atvs. I have not had my head stamped on or had a spotty faced youth spit at the window of KFC while I have been eating( Both things happened to me in the uk).

I read in a post somewhere on this forum. That the best lake you can fish is one where if you nail a 20 pound note to at tree and leave it. It will still be there a week later.
Now that would probably work here. Not because the locals wouldn't see it. But because they would assume it was there for a reason and it was someone elses. In fact they would probably think it was dropped and someone nailed it to a tree for the owner to find lol.

If you fancy an adventure and want to see for yourself. You are welcome for a long weekend.

Cheers Jamie
GAVIN H
Zander
Zander

Post by GAVIN H »

Jagermaster wrote: Wed Jun 24 2020 05:40 -
GAVIN H wrote: Tue Jun 23 2020 20:21 -

Good morning mate.

Sweden does have its problems that's for sure. But it's also 3 times the size of the UK and has 1/6th the population. The immigration issues are mostly in Malmo and that is 800km south of where I live. The nearest city to me is Sundsvall and that is about 30mins drive.

I come from Hastings and the difference between here and there is night and day. (For me anyway. I realize it's subjective).

So the difference are things like , We sleep with the front door to the house unlocked. I leave the keys in my van at night. No one has ever tried to break into my van or steal my tools (I'm a carpenter) even when we have gone for lunch and left them out. (Try that in Hastings). There is hardly any litter or fly tipping. I don't see constant FB posts of stolen crossers or Atvs. I have not had my head stamped on or had a spotty faced youth spit at the window of KFC while I have been eating( Both things happened to me in the uk).

I read in a post somewhere on this forum. That the best lake you can fish is one where if you nail a 20 pound note to at tree and leave it. It will still be there a week later.
Now that would probably work here. Not because the locals wouldn't see it. But because they would assume it was there for a reason and it was someone elses. In fact they would probably think it was dropped and someone nailed it to a tree for the owner to find lol.

If you fancy an adventure and want to see for yourself. You are welcome for a long weekend.

Cheers Jamie
Sounds like a lovely place jamie. I know it is a vast place with thousands of lakes full of pike, whats not to like? Good to hear you dont miss Hastings, the uk has gone to the dogs morally, absolute cess pit. You made a good choice a bit like myself twenty years ago when i moved to ireland.
Shiv
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Shiv »

Ah, the good old days...
:laughs: :laughs: :laughs: