i love boat fishing

The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

i love boat fishing

Post by stubbojo »

love my pike fishing , but i also love my sea fishing too ..
anybody else into bass, Pollock congers and tope from shore and boat
bass 004.jpg
bass 004.jpg
big bass boat 005.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lukemilnes
Perch
Perch

Re: i love boat fishing

Post by Lukemilnes »

Some lovely fish sized fish there!!

I upgraded to a seahog alaska last year so will be taking her out to sea off Blackpool when we're all free.

Had her out off barrow once last year, all went well and caught a few fish. Really looking forward to knott end tho supposed to be some good bass marks and its close enough to get some nice evening sessions
Lures, tackle and shiny things

www.eplures.com
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

the bass fishing can be very good , but you need everything right , wind, tide drift this all plays a part of a good bass session
had some good nice evening sessions last 3 hours before dark seem best ,when all the other boats have gone in
GAVIN H
Zander
Zander

Post by GAVIN H »

stubbojo wrote: Mon Feb 08 2021 22:58 -
anybody else into bass, Pollock congers and tope from shore and boat bass 004.jpg , bass 004.jpgbig bass boat 005.jpg
Lovely fish there mate :thumbs:
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

anybody else into bass, Pollock congers and tope from shore and boat bass 004.jpg , bass 004.jpgbig bass boat 005.jpg

Yes I sea fish, shore or boat where ever and whichever seems more suitable for a pleasent day.
Bass are my South coast target species, fly, lure or bait my rods are rigged and ready.
I would go back to wrecking as our winter Pollacking can be exceptional off the channel wrecks.

:handshake:

UK Gov. Feb 2021 update Recreational Bass fishing;
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... dance-2020
(2 x +42cm Bass limit per angler per day).

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

Mike J wrote: Tue Feb 09 2021 10:12 -

Yes I sea fish, shore or boat where ever and whichever seems more suitable for a pleasent day.
Bass are my South coast target species, fly, lure or bait my rods are rigged and ready.
I would go back to wrecking as our winter Pollacking can be exceptional off the channel wrecks.

cheers mike
yes we are back to 2 bass per angler
i normally take just one fish as they are really good to eat , but if the wifes on the boat, she kicks off and i end up putting it back
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

stubbojo wrote: Tue Feb 09 2021 10:26 -
Mike J wrote: Tue Feb 09 2021 10:12 -

cheers mike
yes we are back to 2 bass per angler
i normally take just one fish as they are really good to eat , but if the wifes on the boat, she kicks off and i end up putting it back

True story about a bass,,,,, and a lady.
The lady decided to accompany her husband on a Smoothie day at &&&& Head.
As the tide rose the lady became fascinated by the mulllet feeding along the wall at her feet and asked why nobody fished for them, being the only lady amongst 15-20 Smoothie enthusiasts they were polite and told her they were impossible to catch except on bread. She then told her hubby she wanted to try and catch one (you can see it coming cant you :smile:) so her hubby rigged up a rod and watched his wife drop a big lump of sandwich down the wall_________and promptly caught a 9lb Bass!
The fish was netted by another angler and after unhooking she was so impressed by its beauty that she told everyone she wanted the fish released, her hubby was furious and refused to go down the steps to do it, so another angler released it for her followed by a big round of applause (wind-up time) from everyone present____expect her hubby, who wouldnt speak to his wife for the rest of the session!!

:grin: :handshake:
Last edited by Mike J on Wed Feb 10 2021 09:54, edited 1 time in total.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

had a cracking pollock session last summer , made the mistake of taking the wife , all the fish went back lucky pollocks
but took some pics first
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Alan_dalton »

Hopefully this year going to have a proper go at the bass and tope off the norfolk coat now I have upgraded my boat. Had a go last year and loved it!
Lucy S
Roach
Roach

Post by Lucy S »

I guarantee, with a bucket full of crab, if you get on the smooth hounds, you will have the most frantic and best pound for pound fishing ever
Squaze 123
Roach
Roach

Post by Squaze 123 »

I also fish the sea, we charter about 6- 8 times a year, also members of bbac and fish the fylde on a sea hog,go to sandside now and again for the flukes + lure fishing on England’s largest lake on our Orkney longliner 👍🏿
alexthefisherman
Roach
Roach

Post by alexthefisherman »

I mostly kayak fish on the sea since moving to Cork, very little pike fishing in this area, and the sea fishing is amazing. Had common skate and tope last year as highlights, hoping for blue and porbeagle shark this year, as well as stingray, and more skate and tope! Also have a seahog hunter in Dingle, some seriously unexplored angling potential down there, pollock well into double figures, wrasse over the Irish record, ling, cod, spurdog etc
If it swims I want to catch it!
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

alexthefisherman wrote: Sun Feb 21 2021 19:35 -
I mostly kayak fish on the sea since moving to Cork, very little pike fishing in this area, and the sea fishing is amazing. Had common skate and tope last year as highlights, hoping for blue and porbeagle shark this year, as well as stingray, and more skate and tope! Also have a seahog hunter in Dingle, some seriously unexplored angling potential down there, pollock well into double figures, wrasse over the Irish record, ling, cod, spurdog etc
the lads on kayaks are catching same really good tope over 50lb ive heard a rumour of a 68lb fish think there was an article in sea angler a while back now about the tope fishing where i fish , had a go myself of a rock mark , and actually hooked one , but it kept on going and going and then eventually found a snagg gutted line parted
i will have ago again this year ...... i like the seahog range of boats very stable fishing platforms , i have a sea trooper at the moment 16ft with a 60 hp flys pal