You wanna fish fight, how about this!

The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

You wanna fish fight, how about this!

Post by Mike J »

All of us like a fish that doesn't give up easily, a fish fights back is what we really like.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn1nGsuOYgI

The scream you hear is the PE8 (100lb) braid going through the guides :laughs:

The guy with the grey hair is the engineer who designed the rod blanks. :worthy:

Last edited by Mike J on Wed Mar 24 2021 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Re: You wanna fish fight, how about this!

Post by davelumb »

Is that the right video? All I see is a guy in an orange T-shirt lifting 10kg off the floor with a bendy rod. :shrug:
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

davelumb wrote: Wed Mar 24 2021 10:18 -
Is that the right video? All I see is a guy in an orange T-shirt lifting 10kg off the floor with a bendy rod. :shrug:

Dooh, :dizzy:

Try again now corrected.

:laughs:

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

I can't say that looks like my idea of fun!
spincityfan
Chub
Chub

Post by spincityfan »

Looks like he is playing a dead weight to me!
Introducing the worlds worst Barbel Angler,

Mr Ash Shaw
Mark_Houghton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark_Houghton »

Not my idea of fun coming home from a day`s fishing feeling like you`ve run a marathon and been trampled by a herd of wildebeest :laughs:
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

Mike J wrote: Wed Mar 24 2021 09:50 -
All of us like a fish that doesn't give up easily, a fish fights back is what we really like.

The guy with the grey hair is the engineer who designed the rod blanks. :worthy:

mike have you seen the guy on youtube... the fish locker...... catching the big tuna in Cornwall lovely big fish , was not aware they were that common over here..
he lands them single handed too ....takes some doing that.. :afraid:
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

stubbojo wrote: Sat Mar 27 2021 21:17 -

mike have you seen the guy on youtube... the fish locker...... catching the big tuna in Cornwall lovely big fish , was not aware they were that common over here..

Just had a look, nice fish to.
The guy is using a Black Magic stand-up harness, a NZ design that is very comfortable as you actually sit in a padded bucket and your back is supported by a brace across the kidney area, note the safety line incase of problems.
Notice that for much of the fight the rod is hardly loaded because the fish is actually pulling the boat around, which has happened to me when Ive fought big fish from my own 6m boat (even with 30lb mono).

Bluefin are becoming more common in our waters and some who use the right methods have been catching Albacore and smaller species but keeping it under wraps.
We need more DIY anglers like these guys, the fish are there but the commercials want to keep them for themselves.

stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

Mike J wrote: Sun Mar 28 2021 09:55 -

The guy is using a Black Magic stand-up harness, a NZ design that is very comfortable as you actually sit in a padded bucket and your back is supported by a brace across the kidney area, note the safety line incase of problems.
Notice that for much of the fight the rod is hardly loaded because the fish is actually pulling the boat around, which has happened to me when Ive fought big fish from my own 6m boat (even with 30lb mono).

Bluefin are becoming more common in our waters and some who use the right methods have been catching Albacore and smaller species but keeping it under wraps.
We need more DIY anglers like these guys, the fish are there but the commercials want to keep them for themselves.

like watching this guy fish , he gives you loads of info and he is not up is own ass like some of the youtubers on there
he catches some cracking bass and some nice big ling too :thumbs:
spincityfan
Chub
Chub

Post by spincityfan »

He used to hold the British Bass shore caught record

Introducing the worlds worst Barbel Angler,

Mr Ash Shaw
piker al
Barbel
Barbel

Post by piker al »

Mike that’s the fishing version of Takkishis castle!!
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

stubbojo wrote: Sun Mar 28 2021 19:22 -
Mike J wrote: Sun Mar 28 2021 09:55 -

like watching this guy fish , he gives you loads of info and he is not up is own ass like some of the youtubers on there
he catches some cracking bass and some nice big ling too :thumbs:

I have actually fished with him.
The shop is quite famous in Pompy as the back wall is completely covered by the ensign of the Ark Royal he was given when the ship was decommissioned.

Im sorry but I cannot accept the killing of any bass of that age or size.

stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

great scott thats a big bass........