More From Terry

The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
Monts
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

More From Terry

Post by Monts »

The geezer IMO is one of the best storytellers around, if you Carp fish or not and I don't he is always worth a listen too.
If you wanna go fishing go fishing.- John Gierach
GAVIN H
Zander
Zander

Re: More From Terry

Post by GAVIN H »

Good one Monts, brilliant story teller. Top draw angler as well.
Lukemilnes
Perch
Perch

Post by Lukemilnes »

Just moved house and am looking forward to settling down and watching this 👌👌
Lures, tackle and shiny things

www.eplures.com
Ratty46
Chub
Chub

Post by Ratty46 »

looking for ward to this later, Tel is one of the best at telling a tale..and his passion for what he does shines through everytime, great angler and a lovely bloke to talk too
SmellySmelt
Perch
Perch

Post by SmellySmelt »

And not a boilie in sight!
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

Monts wrote: Sat Jul 17 2021 13:51 -

The geezer IMO is one of the best storytellers around, if you Carp fish or not and I don't he is always worth a listen too.
very good angler mr hearn , he went after big perch a while back , had a good chat with him at an angling show years back .......
Andytheammer
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Andytheammer »

Cheers Jason
His enthusiasm is infectious!
Even the Mrs finds him entertaining.
Andy Sewell
Monts
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Monts »

Andytheammer wrote: Sat Jul 17 2021 20:16 -

Cheers Jason
His enthusiasm is infectious!
Even the Mrs finds him entertaining.
Andy,

My Mrs said the same in that he is very engaging and tells a good story.
SamG
Roach
Roach

Post by SamG »

He is a fantastic angler. Dedicated yet a gent.

I’m surprised he hasn’t had a proper go at Big Pike fishing yet.....he would tear it a new one!
pikin
Perch
Perch

Post by pikin »

SamG wrote: Mon Jul 19 2021 17:10 -

I’m surprised he hasn’t had a proper go at Big Pike fishing yet.....he would tear it a new one!
He would be an amazing person to spend the day with. I love watching and reading anything by him.

I saw him talk many moons ago at the NEC when he was a lad, no one knew his name but he was awesome to listen to. Watched him at the Cresta court Hotel in Altrincham a bit back as well
Paul Ikin
Rob1980
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Rob1980 »

A good watch,the kinda guy you could listen to all day.
None off the stupid "get in,get in" shouting and throwing buckets off water at each other :laughs:.
He just quietly goes about doing what he is very good at :thumbs:
dave aylett
Perch
Perch

Post by dave aylett »

If you can find ETs conference presentation from a few years back you’ll see the same venue had a BIG pike swimming about as well.
It’s a crazy place with many stories over the years. Some that would give you the willies.👻
Daniel
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Daniel »

I'm not sure he would.
I had a chat with him a few years ago and he was saying he spent almost as much time walking the banks looking for signs of carp and where they're feeding as he does actually fishing.
Pike don't leave clues like carp do, no ripped up weed, cleaned gravel or twitching lillies and reeds to give a pikes location away.
SamG
Roach
Roach

Post by SamG »

Daniel wrote: Sun Jul 25 2021 15:07 -

I'm not sure he would.
I had a chat with him a few years ago and he was saying he spent almost as much time walking the banks looking for signs of carp and where they're feeding as he does actually fishing.
Pike don't leave clues like carp do, no ripped up weed, cleaned gravel or twitching lillies and reeds to give a pikes location away.
I agree to a point. It’s a very different pursuit to carp, to be sure. I have no doubt though that he would work it out. He has the determination and time (lots of it) along with a mass of information as to what’s out there…he wouldn’t need to do any grooming, the info would just come to him.

You’re right though, visual signs just aren’t there with pike fishing in many cases, but an all round angler can still apply their knowledge and sixth sense.
Ratty46
Chub
Chub

Post by Ratty46 »

Daniel wrote: Sun Jul 25 2021 15:07 -

I'm not sure he would.
they dont, but i have no doubt at all, that tel would learn the prey movements, hes very very good at reading the water and using the signs to tell him what to do.
he would be good at it, you should see some of his other non carp captures :thumbs: Zeds/perch from the thames for example
Mike F
Chub
Chub

Post by Mike F »

Totally agree with all of this. He's one carp angler I could listen to all day and the way he tells his story is indeed infectious! Some people have got the skills, some have got the watercraft, but he's got both with plenty to spare! The thing i like most about him is that he seems very humble and not big headed, and does not have "look at me, I'm the best" mentality to him.
:thumbs:
Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room.
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

dave aylett wrote: Fri Jul 23 2021 23:49 -
If you can find ETs conference presentation from a few years back you’ll see the same venue had a BIG pike swimming about as well.
It’s a crazy place with many stories over the years. Some that would give you the willies.👻
I thought I recognised those swims - and that buoy. :laughs:

Terry's a good story teller, but the video's too long for my attention span!
Monts
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Monts »

davelumb wrote: Mon Jul 26 2021 14:22 -

And yet, you can spend eight hours listening to a Test, while shuffling back and forth like a sloth to the kettle and biscuit tin. :grin:
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Monts wrote: Mon Jul 26 2021 17:41 -

And yet, you can spend eight hours listening to a Test, while shuffling back and forth like a sloth to the kettle and biscuit tin. :grin:
Ah, but that's live and I don't know what might happen next. There are also no c*rp involved. :grin:
Cyprio
Chub
Chub

Post by Cyprio »

Monts wrote: Mon Jul 26 2021 17:41 -

:boing:
:thumbs:
Andy Carpenter