Lines

The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
Stewlaws
Barbel
Barbel

Lines

Post by Stewlaws »

Looking for recommendation on lines 4-6 lb BS .. low memory

Roach/Dace/Grayling targeted species in that order.

Cheers
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Re: Lines

Post by Andrew »

Greys g-tec super mainline would check the low stretch tick box. Loved that stuff in 4lb
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Been using Preston reflo for years....cant fault it as a float line or for hooklengths on the river catching silvers.
Landed a 13 plus barbel on 2lb 12oz bottom
Sebas
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Sebas »

I use 5lb Daiwa Hyper Sensor for Big Silvers
Mmmmmmmm yes
Daniel
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Daniel »

Dave Harrell pro match, the best float fishing line I've ever used.
Stewlaws
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Stewlaws »

Daniel wrote: Thu Nov 11 2021 20:04 -
Just read some reviews Dan ... Highly rated must say
Daniel
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Daniel »

Stewlaws wrote: Thu Nov 11 2021 21:01 -
It's lovely stuff, and let's face it, if it's good enough for Dave Harrell, one of the best river anglers of all time, it's probably good enough for the rest of us!
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

Another fan of Reflo power.
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Daniel wrote: Thu Nov 11 2021 21:10 -
It's lovely stuff, and let's face it, if it's good enough for Dave Harrell, one of the best river anglers of all time, it's probably good enough for the rest of us!

Dont ever believe the publicity.
Sponsored anglers use what they like/catches best, what their sponsors give them goes to friends unless its something really special when they might just think about using it.
A sponsored anglers are basically field trialing a product. Even those fully employed dont want to spend their time using something that doesn't catch or keeps failing.
Yes Ive been sponsored.

For a unique reel line look no further than FloCast by Ultima, a line that was constructed to float and by golly it did that and then some.
Nobody else made it and because it couldnt be copied many with ulterior motives rubbished it. Unfortunatly if didnt stand up to hard fishing and is now discontinued.
Im using it today, from my old stock!

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Chris Hammond
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Chris Hammond »

Mike J wrote: Fri Nov 12 2021 12:07 -

Sponsored anglers use what they like/catches best, what their sponsors give them goes to friends unless its something really special when they might just think about using it.
A sponsored anglers are basically field trialing a product. Even those fully employed dont want to spend their time using something that doesn't catch or keeps failing.
Yes Ive been sponsored.

For a unique reel line look no further than FloCast by Ultima, a line that was constructed to float and by golly it did that and then some.
Nobody else made it and because it couldnt be copied many with ulterior motives rubbished it. Unfortunatly if didnt stand up to hard fishing and is now discontinued.

Sponsored Mike? Without ever having to produce a picture? Who sponsored you, Stevie Wonder?? 😁
I don't care who your dad is , you're not walking across the river when I'm fishing!
Chris Hammond
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Chris Hammond »

The Dremnan Feeder line is low stretch and very durable Stew.
I don't care who your dad is , you're not walking across the river when I'm fishing!
Daniel
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Daniel »

Yes Ive been sponsored.

Dave Harrell does use his own products, as do a great deal of the regular match anglers fishing similar venues to Dave, and he doesn't really do publicity, he lets the product do the talking.

I've used many of them for some time, and I'm happy to put my own neck on the block and recommend them.
Pinkie
Perch
Perch

Post by Pinkie »

I'd go for good old maxima, especially for the grayling as you're likely to hook into a good trout and it's pretty abrasion resistant. I've lost quite a few good perch using Preston Refo, as after several good fish (perch) it wears out near the hook, so I'd never use it nowadays if I knew trout or perch to be in the water. But it's very good for silvers!
Stewlaws
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Stewlaws »

I'm guilty of looking at recommended products then reading every review I can find ... My nights are spent looking at reviews prior to ordering most things ..went for the DH line to try in 3lb BS fyi
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Daniel wrote: Fri Nov 12 2021 14:51 -

Yes Ive been sponsored.

Dave Harrell does use his own products, as do a great deal of the regular match anglers fishing similar venues to Dave, and he doesn't really do publicity, he lets the product do the talking.

I've used many of them for some time, and I'm happy to put my own neck on the block and recommend them.

That will do for me.
If it works for Stew I will certainly be happy to give it a try.
Apart from Ultima Ive also tried Drennan, 16lb X8 braid on my 'pin.
For distance waggler on a fixed spool I tried Tubertini which proved excellent except I couldn't see it against leafy backgrounds.
In the strong flow the Ultima held up with fish to nearly two yest, not bad for a line nearly ten years old.

Last edited by Mike J on Sun Nov 14 2021 12:01, edited 1 time in total.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Stewlaws
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Stewlaws »

Spooled up 300 m and first impression is extremely low memory ...out this week on the redfin's
GAVIN H
Zander
Zander

Post by GAVIN H »

Chris Hammond wrote: Fri Nov 12 2021 14:14 -

Yes Ive been sponsored.

Sponsored Mike? Without ever having to produce a picture? Who sponsored you, Stevie Wonder?? 😁
:laughs:
SamG
Roach
Roach

Post by SamG »

Maxima for me as well.
Stewlaws
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Stewlaws »

Fyi ... Bought the DH line to try on pro match and not disappointed, had a few chub and some nice roach , been on the spool for a week plus now and zero memory. Definitely recommend. Mine is on 3lb BS