Advice on Black Bass in SE Spain

The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
Gary Coggon
Roach
Roach

Advice on Black Bass in SE Spain

Post by Gary Coggon »

Advice, please… Going to be living in Vera (inland of Garrucha and Mojacar) in Almeria province for quite a bit of each year, so I’ve set myself target of catching a decent black bass on a lure. Would be grateful to hear of your experience/tips on location, lures, working of lures, best weather, etc. Main times of year will be Jan and Feb, May and November.

Also, if the board’s no-naming policy doesn’t apply outside British Isles, suggestions for waters would be much appreciated - ideally, within, say, 80km/50 miles of Vera. Could use PM if prefer.

Finally, this all assumes I can obtain a freshwater licence, given it’s not clear how this is done in Andalusia (varies between regions). Some online sites say UK licence will suffice (good), others that you have to take an exam in Spanish (not happening). Anyone know exactly?

Thanks for your help,

Gary
Gary Coggon
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Re: Advice on Black Bass in SE Spain

Post by stubbojo »

weird that just been reading about black bass in a old mag , now which one was it , bear with me Gary
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

My advice is to go into the biggest tackle shop you can find and enquire for a local English speaking guide, meet him for a beer, ask about his boat, if its a genuine Bass boat and IF he sounds honest hire him and his tackle for a couple of days and ask him to sort your licences.

Long PM sent to help.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Gary Coggon
Roach
Roach

Post by Gary Coggon »

Thanks, gents.

Stubbojo - if that article’s about Spain (rather than US), then, yes, please, I’d like to get my hands on it.

Mike - will PM you.

Gary
Gary Coggon
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

Coggon wrote: Thu Dec 09 2021 16:54 -
Thanks, gents.

Stubbojo - if that article’s about Spain (rather than US), then, yes, please, I’d like to get my hands on it.

Mike - will PM you.

Gary
been going through some books and mags , just cant find it mate cant remember which one it was .....
if i can find i will send it to you ....
regards stubbo
Gary Coggon
Roach
Roach

Post by Gary Coggon »

Cheers, Stubbo
Gary Coggon