juggling bream

The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

juggling bream

Post by stubbojo »

been back to the canal today after seeing a good carp in my swim a few days ago .
set up 2 rods this time set up for carp
fixed lead carp rig and one on a big method feeder rig
really slow start then missed two screamers .....so swapped out the hooks for bigger ones
then had a really slow take ,turned out to be a big bream of about 7lb but ended up juggling with the bugger it was like a bar of soap and back in it went so didnt even get time to photo it ........bugger

boats were a nightmare today and they dont give a shiite about anglers had to move my rods twice today as they were that close to my bank fooking wankstaines .........
:evil: :evil:
Kev Berry

Re: juggling bream

Post by Kev Berry »

stubbojo wrote: Tue Aug 09 2022 19:19 -
been back to the canal today after seeing a good carp in my swim a few days ago .
set up 2 rods this time set up for carp
fixed lead carp rig and one on a big method feeder rig
really slow start then missed two screamers .....so swapped out the hooks for bigger ones
then had a really slow take ,turned out to be a big bream of about 7lb but ended up juggling with the bugger it was like a bar of soap and back in it went so didnt even get time to photo it ........bugger

boats were a nightmare today and they dont give a shiite about anglers had to move my rods twice today as they were that close to my bank fooking wankstaines .........
:evil: :evil:
Cant be as bad as the trent...
w*****s going 20mph past me
martin(rockape)
Barbel
Barbel

Post by martin(rockape) »

Don't think I've had a bad experience with boaters of any kind, Narrow boat, Canoe etc. If I'm into a fish which is out into the river/canal I raise my hand and they've stopped till I've got the fish close in and thanked them on passing. One Narrow boater paused close by me for a brief chat after I'd unhooked and returned a fish.
If I'm float fishing and I'm in the boat lane i move my bait, no hardship we both pay for our right to use the water.

Regards

Martin
Martin Alexander aka Alex, Spic.
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

martin(rockape) wrote: Thu Aug 11 2022 23:03 -
Don't think I've had a bad experience with boaters of any kind, Narrow boat, Canoe etc. If I'm into a fish which is out into the river/canal I raise my hand and they've stopped till I've got the fish close in and thanked them on passing. One Narrow boater paused close by me for a brief chat after I'd unhooked and returned a fish.
If I'm float fishing and I'm in the boat lane i move my bait, no hardship we both pay for our right to use the water.

Regards

Martin
fookin hell martin were do you fish , we have what you call canal scum pikies , they dont even slow down , lost many of fish playing it in the middle they just go over your line
even sent my mate down canal a few years back playing a big pike one winter to stop the barge , he kept on coming never even looked up at my mate shouting for him to stop while i got the fish in . he went over my line and i lost a very good pike thats probably dead now with a set of trebles in it .....there fookin horrible barstards ......