Zander
Zander

Re: carp for a change

Post by stubbojo »

Stewlaws wrote: Tue Oct 10 2023 20:53 -
martin(rockape) wrote: Tue Oct 10 2023 20:42 -
stubbojo wrote: Tue Oct 10 2023 18:49 -
Stewlaws wrote: Tue Oct 10 2023 11:55 -
Just read a thread on another site, a guy was asking about the head of silverfish and was told that 'If you occupy a known swim' it will be inviting conflict from those coming on the lake to Carp fish, he was reminded that there were plenty of places to fish (swims) between those targeting Carp.

Never fished for Carp, what a funny lot they must be in their own 'World'.
my answer would have been fook off ......bring the conflict on i say ..... :laughs:

steve
Sounds like a load of "Bow-Larks" to me.

Regards

Martin
Quite possibly but judging by the thread with several posters jumping in, there were a few who obviously put Carp on the top of 'silver' fishing.
any angler can fish anywhere they want if there a member of that club .......its just bullying tactics and so is leaving buckets on a peg and then walking all the way round the venue to talk to there mate for 2 hours ...i am sorry that does get my goat up ....fair enough if your going back for your gear right away .....seen guys running with buckets when i have turned up in the club water car park ....what that all about ......
Jack H
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Jack H »

Any size on balanced tackle is great, especially in the summer. Fished a local club lake in the summer this year. Just a float and centerpin reel in the margins. Caught plenty of roach, and had a carp of about 5lb towards the end of the day.

Jack
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

Jack H wrote: Tue Oct 31 2023 21:05 -
Any size on balanced tackle is great, especially in the summer. Fished a local club lake in the summer this year. Just a float and centerpin reel in the margins. Caught plenty of roach, and had a carp of about 5lb towards the end of the day.

Jack
thats what its all about jack .....enjoying the moment and i bet that 5lb carp gave you a right tussle

steve
Jack H
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Jack H »

stubbojo wrote: Sun Nov 12 2023 19:20 -
Jack H wrote: Tue Oct 31 2023 21:05 -

Jack
thats what its all about jack .....enjoying the moment and i bet that 5lb carp gave you a right tussle

steve
Definitely did! Tore off to the middle of the lake and gave up a right scrap. There’s nothing better than fishing with balanced tackle and just enjoying whatever comes along, be it a 6oz roach or a double figure carp :thumbs:

Jack