Game Changing Carp rig

The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
GAVIN H
Zander
Zander

Game Changing Carp rig

Post by GAVIN H »

Anyone seen it, OMC Magic Twig think it's called. Clubs banning it already. :laughs: Al Hamidi is pushing it. Looks very dodgy to me.
GAVIN H
Zander
Zander

Re: Game Changing Carp rig

Post by GAVIN H »

GAVIN H
Zander
Zander

Post by GAVIN H »

Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Post by Steve Dennington »

Good ol' carpers - solving a problem that doesn't exist again. The auto-strike gizmo has been tried in the past and it failed miserably. I'd expect the same here and, yes, I've had messages from two local clubs to say that it's a banned item at their waters.
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

I thought short hooklink fixed lead rigs or just plain old tight to the baitrunner hooked fish for you. I must be doing it wrong. I wionder what the price is? :laughs:
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

A quick google there's a lot of places banning it. Not to mention this stolen from FB.
366289002_10159605150041218_1956337837744063390_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

davelumb wrote: Tue Aug 08 2023 14:24 -
A quick google there's a lot of places banning it. Not to mention this stolen from FB.
Oh dear. That's going to hinder sales a tad!
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Steve Dennington wrote: Tue Aug 08 2023 14:45 -
Maybe that's why the earlier devices didn't 'catch on'? :grin:
Cyprio
Chub
Chub

Post by Cyprio »

All the French lakes on the Ban.
It was bad enough with the metal work required on the so called Ronnie rig.
Spend £40 to make one rig. To get caught in the net.
Hamid now has a release confirming how safe and wonderful it is shows how it will break (it didn’t) desperate To make some money must be hard without “Fair up his a**e”

Perhaps he should have read auto hook mechanism’s are not allowed in the Uk. (Fixed lead. It the same).

Simple hair rigs still catch carp.
Simply must haves just catch the Angler. 😬
Andy Carpenter
Pikerd74
Perch
Perch

Post by Pikerd74 »

The marketing campaign has intrigued me, first release loads of videos of carp rejecting baits(I believe carpers refer to this as “getting done”) using all kinds of technical rigs.
After creating a “need” for miracle device by F#####g the heads of an army instant carpers(made easier with weed induced paranoia), BOOM hear it the magic twig, never get done again.
The fact that it is under discussion on this forum is testament to the power of shrewd marketing.
It looked really clunky to me but having said that I like to keep things as simple as I possibly can!
It will be interesting to see if it is successful, I’m sure there will be plenty of (mugs) people out there who think a piece of plastic can negate watercraft and basic angling skills!
pikin
Perch
Perch

Post by pikin »

Didn't Kevin Maddocks discuss such a rig in Carp Fever concluding it was not a good idea?

I fish a small syndicate each summer and new lads have been using 6oz leads, a few weeks in all they get is single bleeps!

I think everything has a place but i will not be buying any.
Paul Ikin
Cyprio
Chub
Chub

Post by Cyprio »

The fact that it is under discussion on this forum is testament to the power of shrewd marketing.
Don’t think so!

The product hasn’t been released and has been brought to International attention by poor product research not shrewd marketing.
It’s lake owners and clubs for once have stepped up and said NO to a product which brought it to my attention, so unless it’s Fake news /ruse for something completely different OMC will flop at trying to reinvent the wheel.
Hopefully be a lesson for all of them. :roll:
Andy Carpenter
OLDESOX
Barbel
Barbel

Post by OLDESOX »

not april the first is it
retired so time to smell the roses.
Pikerd74
Perch
Perch

Post by Pikerd74 »

Cyprio wrote: Tue Aug 08 2023 16:01 -
Don’t think so!

The product hasn’t been released and has been brought to International attention by poor product research not shrewd marketing.
It’s lake owners and clubs for once have stepped up and said NO to a product which brought it to my attention, so unless it’s Fake news /ruse for something completely different OMC will flop at trying to reinvent the wheel.
It does look like the prongs will snag in a landing net or even worse a snag in the lake!
Reading through the comments on FB fishery owners are rightly concerned over fish safety , all except one fishery that is, the owners profile picture shows him displaying a land net full of carp resting on a wooden landing platform. :roll:
delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Post by delboy »

I know a lot of people don't like Korda but I always thought that carp safety was a priority in any thing they made.?
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.
Ratty46
Chub
Chub

Post by Ratty46 »

absolute load of b******s

its similar to the original rig- the hermit rig, or anyone remember method feeders with pole elastic in them....

as usual to keep up sales, carp company's re invent the wheel every year, or come up with more crap to keep you at the water longer (or more comfortably as they put it)

carp fishing is full of gullible people.

OMC is one of the worst brands i have ever seen, massive flop, imagine leaving Korda and going to that.

lastly, the good anglers ,yes some smoke, most however do not, so give up with the "their all stoned" bullshit, cos they aint, if anything more of them are more pissheads than anything.
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

delboy wrote: Tue Aug 08 2023 16:52 -
I know a lot of people don't like Korda but I always thought that carp safety was a priority in any thing they made.?
It's not Korda
Cyprio
Chub
Chub

Post by Cyprio »

Pikerd74 wrote: Tue Aug 08 2023 16:40 -
Cyprio wrote: Tue Aug 08 2023 16:01 -
Don’t think so!

It does look like the prongs will snag in a landing net or even worse a snag in the lake!
Reading through the comments on FB fishery owners are rightly concerned over fish safety , all except one fishery that is, the owners profile picture shows him displaying a land net full of carp resting on a wooden landing platform. :roll:
In his other I think TikToc video he posted from his couch
(I won’t post s link as I don’t think these types deserve the clicks once was enough). He is desperately trying to justify its safety but couldn’t break it.
He dug a bigger hole saying he always removes the hook from the fish in the net and drew attention to the big lead and stated that the lead was more of a snag in the net than the rig. 🤔 er didn’t he and his chum’s promote the unnecessary dropping of ALL leads at the detriment of our waters? But the benefit to their bank accounts :roll:
I am a carper and I admit to being a tackle tart but like the other carpers on here we get our kicks from out fishing these “leaders of fashion fads followers!” :wink:
Andy Carpenter
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Pikerd74 wrote: Tue Aug 08 2023 15:47 -
I'm not so sure about that. Every single comment has been negative and it's done nothing to promote the product or the brand.
Pikerd74
Perch
Perch

Post by Pikerd74 »

I wonder how much kordas lead dropping system increased their profit margins over the years.
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Pikerd74 wrote: Tue Aug 08 2023 17:51 -
I wonder how much kordas lead dropping system increased their profit margins over the years.
To be fair though, the lead clip was an advancement. What we have here is a gimmick, pure and simple.
Pikerd74
Perch
Perch

Post by Pikerd74 »

It will be interesting to see if it’s still for sale this time next year.
Steve Hincks
Chub
Chub

Post by Steve Hincks »

More brainwashing and fixing problems that don’t exist,
I have seen the vid but still not sure of what it is or how it works, one things for sure I won’t be buying any,
A basic as you can get away with rig with an item of food on that they actually want to eat and a very sharp hook in the right place will continue to out-fish that sort of nonsense every time 😀
delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Post by delboy »

I just watched it all the way though, I can see all the instant carp anglers that are out there all getting on it, we will see, and so clubs are starting to ban it, when was the last time you had your rig checked, I hope clubs do start checking rigs,
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.
Mike F
Chub
Chub

Post by Mike F »

More rubbish for gullible anglers idiots, who will no doubt immediately rush out and buy anything theyre told to by the latest carp messiah. :roll:
Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room.
Neville Fickling
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Neville Fickling »

Local bye laws tricky stuff that
Happy to be alive!!!!
Alex Fox
Zander
Zander

Post by Alex Fox »

I think it's a dreadful product, I can't think of anything worse in modern day fishing
Last edited by Alex Fox on Wed Aug 09 2023 08:14, edited 1 time in total.
Alex Fox
Zander
Zander

Post by Alex Fox »

Neville Fickling wrote: Tue Aug 08 2023 18:47 -

Will you be banning it on your lakes Nev :smile:
Mark Phillips
Zander
Zander

Post by Mark Phillips »

Carp anglers I meet on the bank fishing club waters will buy anything they think will catch them more fish. It always amazes me how much they'll spend on getting the latest thing and even more, how gullible they are. If they made as much effort to get the basics right, they'd find carp aren't all that hard to catch.

As far as rigs go, from my many years of catching carp, in most situations, a simple blow-back rig to a semi-fixed lead will suffice and (in more recent times) if you're boilie for larger fish, a hinged stiff rig as shown on my rods below, is always my first choice. Game changers? I'd say zigs. Who'd have thought a little bit of black and yellow foam sitting up in the water column would catch so many fish. Yet, still so few people seem to have any confidence with the method. On the right day it can be insanely good.

Piking Plonker
Neville Fickling
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Neville Fickling »

Alex Fox wrote: Tue Aug 08 2023 19:06 -
Neville Fickling wrote: Tue Aug 08 2023 18:47 -

Will you be banning it on your lakes Nev :smile:
Members have pressurised me to ban it which I have done but subject to trying it out myself. I have a stockpond which is surprisingly difficult and we catch and re home them. So an ideal opportunity to try it.
Happy to be alive!!!!