Post by Cyprio »

BillCollins wrote: Mon Aug 14 2023 17:29 -
Bob Watson wrote: Mon Aug 14 2023 17:18 -
BillCollins wrote: Mon Aug 14 2023 10:26 -
Cyprio wrote: Mon Aug 14 2023 10:18 -
BillCollins wrote: Mon Aug 14 2023 09:44 -
Cyprio wrote: Mon Aug 14 2023 09:35 -
Good news Sheeple.
A local fishery that opted to have an open mind towards the rig has finished their month long test in Five Days and they are welcoming the Twig @ their fishery!
(insert smelly 🐀 face) :stir:

037F3619-0BAC-4952-B19D-02358FDB6629.jpeg
AF2574CF-2556-4AB7-96BF-96920054D55C.jpeg
"We slackened the line....we found that the twig softened the head shakes..."...
How many of them were playing the carp ??
Looks like an advert :suspect:
That’s how I read it Bill. They are only 30 miles from head office of OMC.

At last, now I can purchase a bit of plastic to use as a shock absorber! If only someone would design a rod and line to do the same🤔 WTF.

The comments are the best. “At last a forward thinking fishery. Can’t wait to purchase these.”
But no comment to what happened when if it caught the top of the net and stopped the fish from reaching the bottom of the net?

Wouldn’t be so bad if it was made from recycled plastic. But you not only wastefully leave a lead behind but you get excess packaging from a tree to wrap a twig :laughs:
This thing of ditching the lead every time you hook a fish is another con. Was that another Danny idea?..££££......
If a carp gets into weed, then its the lead that stops you getting it out.? But that scenario does'nt seem to apply with other fish? With the numbers of carpers in the uk, the water levels in their lakes will be rising due to numbers of dropped leads. Carp anglers can be sold anything.
Yep!!

If they expect you to swallow that load, then shouldn't the lead stop the carp getting into weed in the first place :shrug:
They should scrap the magic twig name and call it by what it is...
LOADA BOLLOX.
That’s a bit Harsh Bill “The Bullshiter’s Leaders” have feelings :roll:

We’re so going to have egg on our faces when this is the best thing since sticking a Zombait in your dead bait. :clown:

:laughs:
Andy Carpenter
delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Game Changing Carp rig

Post by delboy »

Can you remember what was said when the bolt rig first came out boy? I wish I could remember myself.
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.
BillCollins
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by BillCollins »

delboy wrote: Mon Aug 14 2023 18:05 -
Can you remember what was said when the bolt rig first came out boy? I wish I could remember myself.
The bolt rig has been around since forever but it only "first came out" officially when carp anglers copped onto it.
Marcraft are for queers.
Muskie
Chub
Chub

Post by Muskie »

Well saw this morning whilst perusing some magaisnes in a local supermarket that the Angling Times have gone to town on this new piece of terminal tackle. Emblaszned across the front page a headline of this new wonder hooking rig (and further details inside) and pic of Hamidi with a carp. I did not look inside for the full SP on the said item.

Clearly no one at AT thinks the rig is deadly and unacceptable.
Noblest savage
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Noblest savage »

How long before some idiot tries the magic twig while deadbaiting? 🤦🏻‍♂️

Cheers
Ben
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Clearly no one at AT thinks the rig is deadly and unacceptable.
Funniest post of the year award contender?

:boing:
delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Post by delboy »

Another one of my clubs has banned it on all their lakes,from today
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »

Like many ,one of mine has banned them
Regards
Tom
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Having watched the explanation and looked at Ali's complete rig with all the bits of junk on it I don't think I could afford to fish three rods like that. And that's without the expensive hook and no doubt more accoutrements!
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

davelumb wrote: Wed Aug 16 2023 09:16 -
Having watched the explanation and looked at Ali's complete rig with all the bits of junk on it I don't think I could afford to fish three rods like that. And that's without the expensive hook and no doubt more accoutrements!
I had to google "accoutrements."

(Ironic face)
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Dave Horton wrote: Wed Aug 16 2023 10:09 -

(Ironic face)
When I was little my dad got The Reader's Digest every month, and it had a feature called "It pays to increase your word power". (Funny the things you remember out of the blue.) I think that's where I got to like words. :smile:
Muskie
Chub
Chub

Post by Muskie »

It amazes me that these carp anglers catch anything as their modern rigs are so balatant what with hook, ring swivel, bit of plastic, tubing etc. Carp must be pretty dim.
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Post by Steve Dennington »

Muskie wrote: Wed Aug 16 2023 12:03 -
It amazes me that these carp anglers catch anything as their modern rigs are so balatant what with hook, ring swivel, bit of plastic, tubing etc. Carp must be pretty dim.
There's certainly a lot of foreign objects between lead and bait. I must admit, I tend to go with a minimalist approach most of the time, but I've caught plenty on hinged stiff rigs and they definitely aren't subtle.

This twig thingy does seem to limit your choice of hooklink length though. If you want, say, 4" between lead and hookbait it can't be done because the "twig" adds 2-3" to start off with, so you'd need a hooklink of little more than 1" :neutral:
Cyprio
Chub
Chub

Post by Cyprio »

davelumb wrote: Wed Aug 16 2023 10:14 -

(Ironic face)
When I was little my dad got The Reader's Digest every month, and it had a feature called "It pays to increase your word power". (Funny the things you remember out of the blue.) I think that's where I got to like words. :smile:
“Reader’s Digest!” Ffs no wonder life @ school was hard work.
Word power was learning the word Dog in book 4! :laughs:
92323ABC-6EEE-4B9F-9C18-F33A90AF7900.jpeg
Your correct about the rigs though anglers getting fleeced for more money, by the time all three twigs (suppose that would make a branch) are purchased best part of £50 for one set. Not enough for 3 rods.
Notice how Chorder! Are boosting their advertising for THEIR latest and greatest game changing product the quick change hook connector. Dismissing the twig as a joke.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andy Carpenter
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Cyprio wrote: Wed Aug 16 2023 13:28 -

(Ironic face)

Your correct about the rigs though anglers getting fleeced for more money, by the time all three twigs (suppose that would make a branch) are purchased best part of £50 for one set. Not enough for 3 rods.
Notice how Chorder! Are boosting their advertising for THEIR latest and greatest game changing product the quick change hook connector. Dismissing the twig as a joke.
I'm way out of touch with what's new or hot in the carp tackle world! :madmick:
BillCollins
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by BillCollins »

Cyprio wrote: Wed Aug 16 2023 13:28 -

(Ironic face)

£50 for a set of twigs !? Is it any wonder he's in tears !?
Tears of joy ?
Marcraft are for queers.
Cyprio
Chub
Chub

Post by Cyprio »

:clown: :laughs:

Price hasn’t been released. Much the same as product :roll:

Nothing is under a fiver these days, so the packaging alone must take it over a tenner.

Apparently it takes over 4.5 oz pull to trigger the mechanism on the light one.
The effectiveness towards false triggering was proven whilst “Testing” when a terrapin pulled @ a bunch of worms on a hook. He was so proud!
(Haemorrhoid not the Terrapin :wink: )
Andy Carpenter
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Cyprio wrote: Wed Aug 16 2023 15:55 -

Nothing is under a fiver these days, so the packaging alone must take it over a tenner.

The effectiveness towards false triggering was proven whilst “Testing” when a terrapin pulled @ a bunch of worms on a hook. He was so proud!
Plastic carpers won't buy 'em if they're too cheap. :joker:
BillCollins
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by BillCollins »

How long before there's a copy on ali express for 99p per dozen.
Marcraft are for queers.
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

(Ironic face)
Dave you may not even believe this but I used to pick up the readers digest where ever I could and drink in the self same page and fell in like with words through it too.

(Resplendent and Ubiquitous were and are two faves of mine face)

PS Tiger braid, the off the hooks pat, our name and now the readers digest! Dya think we've been cloned maybe? :laughs:
Last edited by Dave Horton on Wed Aug 16 2023 16:23, edited 1 time in total.
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Dave Horton wrote: Wed Aug 16 2023 16:19 -

(Ironic face)
Dave you may not even believe this but used to pick up the readers digest where ever I could and drink in the self same page and fell in like with words through it too.

:cool:
BillCollins
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by BillCollins »

(Ironic face)
Dave you may not even believe this but used to pick up the readers digest where ever I could and drink in the self same page and fell in like with words through it too.

It's nice to have some big words Dave, I have a few myself. Unfortunately, they're totally wasted on the younger generation who struggle to spell smaller words like work, car, shimano, etc...
Marcraft are for queers.
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

Oh 8ugger!

(I amended my past face)
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Dave Horton wrote: Wed Aug 16 2023 16:25 -
Oh 8ugger!

(I amended my past face)
Your past or your post? :joker:

Clones? I doubt it. You're a pike catching machine. I've just had a lucky break or two. :wink:
delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Post by delboy »

Cyprio wrote: Wed Aug 16 2023 15:55 -

Tenner , :afraid: F**k that I will make one .
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

davelumb wrote: Wed Aug 16 2023 16:35 -
Dave Horton wrote: Wed Aug 16 2023 16:25 -
Oh 8ugger!

(I amended my past face)
Your past or your post? :joker:

Clones? I doubt it. You're a pike catching machine. I've just had a lucky break or two. :wink:
Hahahaha!

(Freudian slip face)
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

BillCollins wrote: Wed Aug 16 2023 16:25 -

(Ironic face)

It's nice to have some big words Dave, I have a few myself. Unfortunately, they're totally wasted on the younger generation who struggle to spell smaller words like work, car, shimano, etc...
They can be useful weapons or even hazards to trip oneself up with Bill?

I can remember saying precocious when I meant to say pretentious one day to piking acquaintance Duncan Pritchard whilst my nemesis "The Wally" looked on! In a nano second I watched Wally's face go chalk white as all the blood drained to his never regions and he almost chocked as he simultaneously corrected me! He couldn't know of course that I was more than a little distracted myself by the glorious thoughts of mutilating and watching him bleed out whilst I stood on his face!

(Its a funny old world eh face)
BillCollins
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by BillCollins »

Dave Horton wrote: Wed Aug 16 2023 20:13 -

(Ironic face)

I can remember saying precocious when I meant to say pretentious one day to piking acquaintance Duncan Pritchard whilst my nemesis "The Wally" looked on! In a nano second I watched Wally's face go chalk white as all the blood drained to his never regions and he almost chocked as he simultaneously corrected me! He couldn't know of course that I was more than a little distracted myself by the glorious thoughts of mutilating and watching him bleed out whilst I stood on his face!

Maybe a small bit ott Dave ?? :laughs:
I don't think you're really that vicious... :hammer: :knife: ... :suspect:
Marcraft are for queers.
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

BillCollins wrote: Wed Aug 16 2023 20:49 -
Dave Horton wrote: Wed Aug 16 2023 20:13 -

(Ironic face)

Maybe a small bit ott Dave ?? :laughs:
I don't think you're really that vicious... :hammer: :knife: ... :suspect:
I won't argue with that Bill?

(I thought he was a bit OTT myself face)
cookiesdaughtersdad
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad »

I just read that Cyprio says that it takes 4.5 oz to trigger the twig, well with that amount of force the fish would be truly hooked anyways especially with an ultra sharp modern hook and that it necessitates the use of a large lead which brings its own problems.

Cheers, Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.