Bowlergate!!!!

The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Re: Bowlergate!!!!

Post by Steve Dennington »

Mattjb wrote: Mon Feb 05 2024 20:23 -
I like the bit where he says ‘ the owner tells me there’s some carp in here’ - making it sound a mysterious place when in reality it’s a £100 a 24hr carp lake!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I remember when places started charging £20 for 24hrs and that seemed extortionate! As with anything else though, if the demand is there the price reflects it.
Mattjb
Chub
Chub

Post by Mattjb »

Steve Dennington wrote: Mon Feb 05 2024 20:43 -
I like the bit where he says ‘ the owner tells me there’s some carp in here’ - making it sound a mysterious place when in reality it’s a £100 a 24hr carp lake!

I remember when places started charging £20 for 24hrs and that seemed extortionate! As with anything else though, if the demand is there the price reflects it.
And that’s for 24hrs in the week , £300 for a weekend!
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Mattjb wrote: Mon Feb 05 2024 21:16 -

Blimey! The local syndicate that I used to be in had carp to upper 40s and was £450 a season, which I thought was quite a lot, but seems rather cheap in comparison!

Crazy stuff, but when I fished Blithfield it was costing me £100 a day when I factored in fuel, accommodation etc.
Mattjb
Chub
Chub

Post by Mattjb »

Steve Dennington wrote: Tue Feb 06 2024 03:19 -

Blimey! The local syndicate that I used to be in had carp to upper 40s and was £450 a season, which I thought was quite a lot, but seems rather cheap in comparison!

Crazy stuff, but when I fished Blithfield it was costing me £100 a day when I factored in fuel, accommodation etc.
I’ve fished the lake he’s fishing, it’s not far from home and used to be a day ticket water . It’s only a little lake but I’d heard it had been well and truly ottered .Obviously someone has taken it on, otterfenced it,tidied it up and restocked so has a lot of money to recoup. Do carpers pay that much to fish somewhere recently restocked with no real pedigree though ?
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Mattjb wrote: Tue Feb 06 2024 08:28 -
I’ve fished the lake he’s fishing, it’s not far from home and used to be a day ticket water . It’s only a little lake but I’d heard it had been well and truly ottered .Obviously someone has taken it on, otterfenced it,tidied it up and restocked so has a lot of money to recoup. Do carpers pay that much to fish somewhere recently restocked with no real pedigree though ?
Not usually. My syndicate lost nearly half its members when one of the old fish died. It wasn't even the biggest fish in the lake at the time, although it had been for many years and it was the main target fish for most members.

For a lot of people (me included) the idea of fishing for freshly stocked 30s and 40s holds no appeal at all.
Ratty46
Chub
Chub

Post by Ratty46 »

Mattjb wrote: Tue Feb 06 2024 08:28 -
Steve Dennington wrote: Tue Feb 06 2024 03:19 -

they do, because they kid themselves, that they are fishing for proper characters...carp fishing is the biggest load of bull s**t ever.

infact they recently netted Brent ressy in NW london, the contractor has STOLEN all the carp, 36 over 30 put into a Northampton syndi, but CRT will tell you they will be put back in the ressy..oh really!>? carp fishing has single handily destroyed what we used to class as 'fishing' .
Mattjb
Chub
Chub

Post by Mattjb »

I was a member of a syndicate near where MB lives. One pit was only half an acre but beautiful with lilies etc . Was a float fishing lake with tench , crucians etc . It featured on a crucian episode of Paul and Bob . There was a fish kill on the main carp lake and the fishery manager got MB on board as there was a lot of expense with restocking etc. Sadly the plan was to net out the little lake and turn it into a one of these exclusive carp lakes . Another lovely mixed fishery destroyed. I know carp is where the money is but MB being a mixed species angler I was surprised at the plan to be honest.
Wouldn’t surprise me if he had his finger in the pie of the one in the video as well
Alex Fox
Zander
Zander

Post by Alex Fox »

Carp fishing has resulted in big money to be made, so as Ratty says it has slowly destroyed what we used to class as 'fishing', I should imagine everyone on here has waters they used to fish that are now closed shop big money carp syndicates.